Some people are not able to get access to mobile phone services. Therefore, the Federal Communications Commission under the government of the US is offering free and highly discounted phones, tablets, and other connected devices to low-income families. The government provides these services through various assistance programs like SNAP and EBT programs. Assurance Wireless is one of the carriers providing the services. The company offers Assurance Wireless Phone with EBT to low-income qualified individuals.
Assurance Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator that provides the US Federal Lifeline Assistance program. Additionally, Assurance Wireless works under the T-Mobile network provider to offer affordable rates on internet plans with cheap mobile phones. On the other hand, assurance wireless offers free government phone service to eligible customers, mainly through EBT. Usually, the benefit amount to EBT members depends on their income and expenses.
The company also participates in lifeline programs to offer affordable services. The lifeline assistance program was introduced by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the 1980s to connect low-income by offering a discount on landlines. The program provides phones compatible with assurance wireless with accessible monthly data, talk, and texting. This article shows how Assurance Wireless customers can get phones through EBT and many more offers the company provides.
What Is Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless is one of the US telecommunication service providers owned by T-Mobile. T-Mobile is one of the largest network providers in the US; therefore, Assurance Wireless is known to provide free monthly data, unlimited text messaging, free minutes every month, and nationwide 5G network coverage. The company is one of the most recognized carriers that offer free government phones. Customers can get these free phones through the lifeline program or the Assurance wireless ACP program.
It is one of the fast-growing largest companies providing free mobile phones through the federal Lifeline Assistance programs. So, what is the Lifeline program? It is a federal government program in the US that was initiated to provide free government mobile phones for low-income individuals. Later after its formation, the program was upgraded to provide free home mobile phones and affordable monthly plans for seniors and people with disability.
What Mobile Phone Plans Make Assurance Wireless?
Through the ACP and Lifeline program, assurance wireless offers the best smartphone deals and plans for eligible customers. Eligible customers get access to
- Free monthly data
- Free unlimited texts
- A free Android mobile phones
- Free monthly minutes
It is essential to know that these plans are only available to qualifying low-income households. Apart from the free government phones, Assurance Wireless provides its mobile phones at an affordable price. The company uses the T-Mobile GSM network technology to offer its services; therefore, Assurance Wireless compatible phones support GSM network technology.
Cell phone compatibility is the ability of an iOS or Android-operated mobile phone to run and execute applications and websites written in iPhone and android environments, respectively. In our case, the phone can make or receive calls and send or receive text messages using the Assurance Wireless network provider. some of the mobile phones compatible with the company include;
- Assurance Wireless Virgin UL40
- LG Aspire LN280 RARE Virgin Mobile
- LG G Stylo LS770VB Android 5.1
- Samsung Mantra M340
- Alcatel OneTouch Retro
- Kyocera JAX Virgin Mobile
- Motorola Triumph Prepaid Android Phone
- Kyocera Brio Prepaid Phone
Moreover, the company has good deals for new customers. For customers who switch to the network and do not wish to buy new smartphones, the company provides the Apart from the Assurance Wireless bring your own phone (BYOP) plan. However, for you to use the BYOP option, your mobile phone must be unlocked and compatible, and it should not have been reported that the mobile phone was stolen.
However, not all customers qualify to bring their phones to the company. Some of the conditions to be eligible to use the BYOP option include;
- The customer’s income should be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty level.
- The individual must participate in one or two federal government assistance programs.
Some of the other companies that provide free cell phones include;
- Cricket Wireless
- feel safe Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Standup Wireless
Hot to Activate Assurance Wireless Phone?
Mobile phone users can lose their mobile phones may be due to theft or misplacement. Therefore, the company provides Assurance Wireless phone replacement option for customers who have lost their cell phones. The Assurance Wireless cell phones come with a one-year warranty from the original equipment manufacturer.
Moreover, customers who experience cell phone malfunction, call assurance wireless at 1-888-321-5880 for a replacement mobile phone. After receiving your new or replaced mobile phone, you must activate it to enjoy the services provided by the carrier. Customers who sign up with Assurance Wireless representatives receive help with the activation process. However, to activate your phone, follow the simple steps below;
- Press and hold the Power Button to turn off your mobile phone. Allow hands-free activation to connect the phone to the Assurance Wireless network. Then allow the cell phone to check for any updates. Once the device has completed the two tasks, it will power off.
- When the phone is back on, skip the setup screens for the customization and complete the next step first.
- Dial 611 from your Assurance phone and follow the provided prerecorded instructions.
- Enter your Assurance Wireless account PIN, located at the top of your Assurance Wireless approval letter.
How to Get an Assurance Wireless Phone with EBT?
Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to give benefits through a magnetically encoded payment card. You can get phones at assurance wireless with EBT if you are eligible for the SNAP program. All the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants can pay for their groceries using their SNAP benefits. Therefore, SNAP participants receiving free phones and tablets with food stamps are the only members that qualify for the EBT.
The federal government of the US sets the qualification criteria. For you to be eligible to receive assurance wireless mobile phones, you must satisfy the following conditions;
- The household’s gross monthly income must be at or below 130% of the poverty line.
- After deduction, the household’s net income must be at or below the poverty line.
- The Assets of the household should be at or below a specific limit. For example, seniors and people with disability must have assets of $2,500 or below, and their households must have assets of $3,7500 or less.
To apply for assurance wireless phones with EBT, for the simple steps below;
- Visit the dtaconnect.eohhs.mass.gov website.
- Hit the ‘Apply SNAP’ button and select ‘Get Started.’
- You will be provided with an online application form. Complete the form by providing the necessary documentation and information that confirms your qualifications.
- Send the application and wait for the notification to see if you qualify.
- Alternatively, you can send your EBT application form through mail or fax. To use this option, you must download the SNAP benefits application form at mass.gov/lists/dta-documents-and-forms.
You can also apply for the EBT program through a phone call at 877 382-2363. Additionally, seniors aged 60 and above are provided with a particular EBT application form that they can use to get the assurance wireless cell phones.
What Is the Documentation Required for the EBT Application?
To complete the EBT application process, you need to provide some documents and prove the information regarding you and your household to be correct. Some of these documents include;
- An official document with your identity and Social Security Number (SSN).
- Avail an official document about your residency that show your rent receipt, deed, lease, utility bill, or mortgage statement.
- Document showing your income and number of working hours, like a letter from the employer or pay stubs or with gross income and number of hours worked.
- An official document shows other income such as a pension, child support, workers’ compensation, alimony, Veterans’ benefits, etc.
- Document showing your noncitizen status, like Permanent Resident Card, an Employment Authorization Card, or another document with your current or pending immigration status.
Moreover, to become qualified for more SNAP/EBT benefits, you can also add some optional SNAP documents, like:
- Housing costs. For instance, mortgage statement, rent receipt, lease, home insurance bill, or any document indicating how much you require to pay.
- Your utility costs include a bill for gas, electricity, phone, heat, lease, etc.
- Dependent care costs feature child or adult daycare costs.
- Medical costs, for example, your medical bills not handled by the insurance, payments for homemakers, disability bills, transportation costs, etc.
- Child support
Assurance wireless is a US government network provider that provides cheap mobile phone deals and plans to individuals with low-income through the federal government assistance program, the lifeline program, and EBT. The offers provided by the company include free minutes, text messages, and a certain amount of free monthly data.
The company also provides free cell phones and allows new customers to bring their existing phones when joining the company using the BYOP option.