Assurance Wireless is a telecommunication service provider operating in the US and is owned by T-Mobile. Most importantly, Assurance Wireless is T-Mobile’s renowned Lifeline Assistance brand and currently offers an affordable connectivity program. Thanks to T-Mobile’s reliable network, this carrier provides discounts to eligible customers, excellent services, and nationwide coverage. T-Mobile is America’s largest 5G network. You can navigate to the ACP benefit website for more information on Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program.
In this era, everyone deserves high-speed internet access, regardless of their income. For this reason, Assurance Wireless is participating in the newest launched Affordable Connectivity Program by the federal government. Through the ACP and Assurance Wireless, households struggling with internet access can get everything they require to stay connected. In other words, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government-supported program that subsidizes the customer’s broadband internet bill.
However, when talking of free government smartphones in America, Assurance Wireless’s name tops the list. Assurance is a mobile virtual network operator and falls under the US Federal Lifeline Assistance program. In harmony with T-Mobile, Assurance Wireless provides affordable rates on internet plans with cheap smartphones. On the other hand, this carrier offers free government phone service to eligible customers.
About Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
For this ACP program under Assurance Wireless, a discount applies per eligible household and is non-transferable between households. Besides, a qualifying household may receive ACP-supported broadband service via any participating provider of its choice.
Usually, the current ACP gives qualified households a $30 monthly discount with up to $75 on qualifying tribal lands. This discount is given toward internet service on specific plans. However, with that ACP benefit at Assurance Wireless, you can get:
- Free unlimited data
- Free unlimited texting
- Free unlimited calling
- Free 10 GB monthly mobile hotspot data on the Assurance Wireless Unlimited plan
- A free Android smartphone for new customers (model based on availability)
- Scam Shield with free Scam ID, free Scam Block, and free Caller ID
However, you can benefit from a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet through ACP. To receive this discount, the qualified customer must give more than $10 and not exceed $50 toward the purchase price.
Besides, Assurance Wireless provides one-time discounts on connected devices. Still, they do not provide tablets but Android smartphones instead, plus an assurance wireless free tablet upon meeting the eligibility requirements.
How Do I Apply for Assurance Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program?
i) Current Lifeline subscribers
If you are already a lifeline subscriber, contact your internet company directly to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If you are currently participating in the Lifeline program, you do not have to apply again for the ACP. You can apply through your Lifeline and ACP benefit to the same or separate services.
You can reach out to your Lifeline provider and confirm their available services on the ACP, including options to apply for the benefits to your existing Lifeline service.
ii) Subscribers In a Low-Income Program With a Non-Lifeline Provider
Suppose you are not participating in Lifeline but get service from a participating company with its own low-income program. In that case, you may not have to apply again for the ACP benefit. This option applies if the company received approval for its application process from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Furthermore, applications for the Affordable Connectivity Program get done in the following ways.
- USAC’s Affordable Connectivity Program site
- By mail
- Through your internet provider
iii) Apply For The Affordable Connectivity Program Online
If you apply online, you must provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- A form of ID: including your Tribal ID number, social security number, OR a form of government-issued IDs such as passport, driver’s license, or taxpayer ID number
- A photo or scanned picture of your ID (if you don’t have a scanner, you can capture a photo using your mobile phone)
iv) Apply For the Affordable Connectivity Program through Mail
If you prefer mail applications, you should forward your details to the Affordable Connectivity Program through the following address:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Notably, you can speed up the process by mailing any necessary documents with your application. Ensure to include a cover sheet (PDF); if you do so, the verification team can match your documents to your application.
v) Apply Using Your Internet Provider
If your internet provider is taking part in the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can contact Assurance Wireless at Assurance wireless affordable for more information on how you can apply through them. However, the USAC feature an easy search tool to find participating ISPs in your area by submitting your zip code or city and state. Learn more about the Assurance wireless phone replacement if your phone gets lost, stolen, or broken.
What is The Process for Assurance Wireless ACP Program?
If you want to enquire more about your eligibility or application status, you can call the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575. However, the qualification process for ACP gets determined by the FCC. Therefore, all ACP providers, including Assurance Wireless, feature more or less of the same ACP qualification criteria. To apply through Assurance Wireless, you must:
- Step 1: First, ensure you are ACP-eligible. See the ACP eligibility criteria discussed below.
- Step 2: You must gather all the required documents, which you must provide to prove your eligibility.
- Step 3: Apply for the Assurance Wireless program or check for another suitable ACP provider in your area. Proceed to their official website, download their ACP form, and fill it out by availing all the necessary information and documentation.
You can find out more about the Assurance Wireless ACP program at assurancewireless.com/affordable and identify which other providers participate in the ACP program in your state at FCC affordable connectivity program providers.
How Can I Qualify for the Assurance Wireless ACP Program?
To qualify for the ACP program from any wireless provider, including Assurance Wireless, you must be ACP-eligible. You qualify for ACP if you or any of your household members attain at least one of the following criteria:
- Your gross annual household income is equivalent to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You or a household member takes part in a qualifying government assistance program, such as:
- Federal Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP
- You or a household member take part in a qualifying Tribal specific program, such as:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal TANF
- You or a household member was approved to acquire benefits via the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, specifically through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year.
- You or a household member acquired a Federal Pell Grant at the current award year.
- You attain the eligibility requirements for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
How Do I Activate the Assurance Wireless Phone?
You must have already received assurance wireless government phone before the activation process. The following are the steps you must take to activate your Assurance Wireless cell phone:
- Press and hold on to the Power Button to switch on your phone. Enable hands-free activation to connect the cell phone to the Assurance Wireless network and then let the phone check for any updates. The cell phone will then power off.
- Immediately the phone turns back on; it may request you to customize your cell phone. You may skip the setup screens and finish Step 3 first.
- Dial 611 and follow the recorded instructions.
- When prompted, submit your Assurance Wireless Account PIN, which is found at the upper part of your Assurance Wireless approval letter.
How Do I Upgrade Assurance Free Cell Phone?
Assurance wireless is only available for individuals who qualify for their Lifeline program. The eligible households get a free government phone, an Assurance wireless compatible device. If you are not content with a free device provided, you may upgrade to one of the assurance wireless latest phones. The easiest way is using the company’s online store, which stores all currently available and Assurance Wireless phones.
Moreover, you can go shopping assurance wireless for all the Assurance wireless compatible phones: Procced to the shop, choose the one you prefer, add it to the cart, and then checkout. You will choose to pay through Affirm installments or pay the total amount upfront. Another option you can upgrade Assurance Wireless free phone is through their local dealers.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government-supported program that discounts broadband service through participating wireless providers like Assurance Wireless. This collaborative effort increases consumers’ adoption of affordable broadband internet access services.
However, through the ACP, many Americans struggling with internet access will have the opportunity to experience the power of the internet. You may be eligible to get the ACP benefit if you participate in programs such as SNAP, WIC, or Medicaid, or if your income is up to 200% or less of the federal poverty level.