Bring your own device program has become quite popular among millions of Americans. This program allows users to bring their devices to a service provider hence eliminating any extra costs required to purchase a new phone. BYOP is quite popular among prepaid cell phone providers since there are no contracts, and bringing your device does not have an intense application process. The Assurance wireless bring your own phone program is one of the best options when you wish to opt for BYOP.
Despite Assurance wireless being a lifeline service provider, the network allows its customers to bring their own devices to the network. The user will still get a free cell phone plan but may not get a free phone or Tablet from Assurance wireless. Bringing your own device to Assurance wireless entails an application process like getting a free government phone.
Also, the critical factor to consider is phone compatibility. If the device is compatible, you may proceed to apply for the service. From this article, we will unravel insights on bringing your device to Assurance wire3less. We will cover how to check phone compatibility, qualification, and eligibility terms and some of the best plans you can get based on BYOP.
Terms Of Bring Your Phone from Assurance Wireless
Assurance wireless allows the customers to bring their device to the network under some specific terms:
i) The phone should be unlocked
A locked phone is tied to a particular network, making it hard to use on another network. Ensure that the device is unlocked. If the phone is locked, contact your service provider requesting them to unlock the device. You may also consider purchasing unlocking codes online that may unlock the device.
ii) The phone should not be reported lost or stolen
Your phone should never be reported stolen or lost, as this will bring about legal constraints when applying for an Assurance Wireless cell phone plan. You can do a mini-background check by contacting your local authorities to see if there are any criminal records on the device. This may apply if you buy a second-hand device.
iii) The phone compatibility with the network
Later in the article, we will give insights on how to check phone compatibility. Phone compatibility is essential as it ensures your device works with the network. These are just some of the factors to put in if you wish to bring your device to Assurance Wireless.
Eligibility For Assurance Wireless Bring Your Own Phone
Before starting BYOD, eligibility terms must be met. There are several ways in which one may meet these terms and entail the following to get your device like free phone or free tablet with assurance wireless:
If the person’s income is below 135% of the Federal Poverty level, then they may qualify to bring their phones to the network. You may also be required to submit tax documents and any other required income-related documents during the application process.
b) Participation in Lifeline programs
Lifeline programs aim to provide certain services at no cost to people of low income or no income at all. If you have participated in such programs, Assurance wireless allows you to bring your phone to the network.
Some of the eligible programs include Medicaid, Food stamps, Federal Public Housing Assistance at Section 8, Tribal head start, supplemental security income, Veteran Pension, and survivor’s benefit.
These are some of the options which you can use to see if you qualify to bring your device to the network. Proof to show that you participated in the lifeline program is also required.
Procedure To Check Phones Compatibility With Assurance Wireless
You can know if your device is compatible with Assurance wireless by using the phone compatibility checker on the Assurance wireless website. The checker will use your IMEI number to get data about your phone’s network technology.
To get started, obtain your IMEI number. This can be done by dialing *#06#. Once you have the IMEI number, go to the IMEI checker on the Assurance wireless website and see if the device is compatible. If the phone is compatible, a prompt will be issued with the following instructions to follow. Are the device is not compatible, you will also receive a prompt that may subject you to apply for a free cell phone and plan from Assurance Wireless.
If you have several devices, use the same procedure to check on compatibility. If a device is compatible, use it to apply for the BYOP program.
Bring Your Own Phone to Assurance Wireless – The Steps
Here is a complete guide on how you can bring your phone to Assurance Wireless:
Step 1: Check phone requirements
The first step will be to check if the phone meets basic requirements like being unlocked and never being reported stolen or lost. Ensure to do some simple checks to see if the device is specifically unlocked. A simple test you can do is place a T-Mobile sim card and observe any network bars.
Step 2: Check phone compatibility
The next step would be to check phone compatibility. Earlier on, we mentioned how it could be done using the IMEI checker. The checker takes a short time to see if the device is compatible or not. If the phone is not compatible, you will receive a prompt directing you to apply for a free phone and plan. You may also choose to bring a new device.
Step 3: Meet the eligibility terms
Once confirmed that the device is compatible, the next step would be to check if you meet the eligibility terms. You can choose from several terms, and once you have confirmed the right option, you can proceed to the next step.
You may also be required to submit some documents and certificates to show that you are eligible for the service.
Step 4: Create an online account
Once you meet the terms, create an online account at Assurance Wireless. This process takes a short time, and you will be required to fill in your name, location, email address, and any other relevant information.
Step 5: Fill the Application form
Once you have an online account, you can choose to fill out an online form or download the form and fill it out offline. If you fill out the form online, ensure to attach scanned copies of the documents required. If you make the application offline, ensure to attach some copies of tax documents or certificates required to prove eligibility.
Step 6: Approval
Once approved, you will receive a notification via email. From there, a sim card toolkit will be sent to your address. The person may also choose to collect it at the nearest Assurance wireless store.
Once everything is set, place the sim card inside the phone. Proceed to your Assurance wireless account and start the activation process. The activation process may take a short time to complete, after which everything will be ready.
Advantages of a “Bring Your Own Phone Program”
A Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program can offer several advantages to Assurance Wireless. They include the following.
- Cost Savings: BYOP programs allow customers to bring their existing phones to the network, eliminating the need to purchase a new device. That can result in significant cost savings for customers and Assurance Wireless, as the company doesn’t have to subsidize or provide discounted phones.
- Increased Customer Base: By supporting BYOP, Assurance Wireless can expand its potential customer base. Many people already own smartphones and prefer to use their existing devices rather than switching to a new one. Assurance Wireless attracts more customers and increases its market reach by accommodating a wider range of devices.
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction: Allowing customers to bring their own phones gives them the freedom to choose a device that suits their preferences and needs. That can increase customer satisfaction as individuals can continue using their familiar devices, preferred features, and customized settings.
- Device Compatibility: BYOP programs can support a broader range of devices, including various brands, models, and operating systems. This flexibility allows consumers to choose from a more comprehensive selection of devices. It ensures compatibility with their preferred operating system, leading to a better user experience.
- Reduced Technical Support Burden: When customers bring their own phones, they are generally responsible for device maintenance, updates, and troubleshooting. That can reduce the technical support burden on Assurance Wireless, as customers are already familiar with their devices and may be able to resolve common issues independently.
- Sustainability: BYOP programs align with sustainable practices by promoting the reuse of existing devices. Instead of discarding older phones, customers can continue using them, reducing electronic waste and contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Faster Implementation: Implementing a BYOP program can be faster and less complex than distributing and activating new devices. This efficiency allows Assurance Wireless to onboard customers, quickly improving the overall customer onboarding experience.
Overall, a BYOP program can benefit Assurance Wireless by providing cost savings, expanding the customer base, increasing customer satisfaction, accommodating a more comprehensive range of devices, reducing technical support efforts, promoting sustainability, and enabling faster implementation.
Activation Of Your Assurance Wireless Phone
After completing the bring your own phone process, you need to activate your phone on the network of Assurance Wireless. The activation procedure is simple and you can do this in two ways. One is by phone and the other is online.
For activating through your phone, you need to call 1-888-321-5880 from your own phone or any device. Then, you have to follow the prompts to activate our Assurance Wireless phone.
You can activate your Assurance Wireless device online by following the steps underneath.
- First, visit the official website of Assurance Wireless and then log into your own account.
- Next, click on the button of “Activate SIM card“.
- Then, follow the prompts with a view to entering the IMEI number of your phone.
- You need to select also the model of your phone.
- By giving your contact number and shipping details, accomplish the activation process.
Once the activation process is successful, you will receive a text message showing that you’re welcomed to Assurance Wireless network.
Assurance Wireless free phone
Instead of bringing a phone to Assurance Wireless, you can get a free phone from the company if you qualify. Assurance Wireless is a Lifeline Assistance program providing eligible low-income individuals free cell phones and monthly minutes, texts, and data.
The specific details of the free phone offerings may vary based on the available options in your area and the program’s terms and conditions. However, here are some general points to consider:
- Free Basic Phone: Assurance Wireless typically offers free basic cell phones to eligible participants. These phones are functional and include essential features such as calling, texting, and primary internet access. The specific model and brand of the phone may vary based on availability.
- Smartphones: Assurance Wireless may offer smartphones as part of their free phone program besides basic phones. Smartphones provide more advanced features like internet browsing, email access, app support, and a touchscreen interface.
- Android or iOS: Assurance Wireless may provide Android-based smartphones or iPhones running on iOS, depending on the program. The specific options available may depend on the region and the stock of devices at the time of enrollment.
- Plan Inclusions: Along with the free phone, Assurance Wireless provides a specific allocation of free monthly minutes, texts, and data. The specific allotments may vary by state and are subject to change, so it’s best to check with Assurance Wireless for the most up-to-date information on plan inclusions.
- Upgrades and Additional Features: While the initial phone provided by Assurance Wireless is free, it’s important to note that additional features, upgrades, or accessories may not be included. These may be available for purchase separately or may require upgrading to a different plan.
You can visit the Assurance Wireless website or contact their customer service directly to determine the exact free phone offerings and plan details available in your area.
Assurance Wireless phone upgrade
You may need to upgrade to a higher-quality phone than the current one. To upgrade your Assurance Wireless phone, you can follow the following general steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for an upgrade. The specific requirements may vary, but you need an active Assurance Wireless account and meet certain income or government assistance program qualifications.
- Visit Assurance Wireless Website: Go to the Assurance Wireless website and log in to your account. If you don’t have an online account, you may need to create one. You can find the login option on the homepage or in the account section of the website.
- Check Upgrade Options: Navigate to your account’s “Upgrade” or “Upgrade Phone” section. There, you should view the available phone upgrade options. Assurance Wireless usually offers a selection of phones at different price points.
- Choose a Phone: Browse the available phones and select the one you want to upgrade to. Consider the features, specifications, and any associated costs, if applicable. Review the details, such as the price (if applicable) and any additional fees, and compare the options to find the best fit for your needs.
- Follow the Instructions: Once you have selected the phone you want, follow the instructions provided on the website to complete the upgrade process. That may involve confirming your selection, providing any necessary payment or account information, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Activate the New Phone: You will receive the new phone once you have completed the upgrade process. Follow the instructions that come with the device to activate it. That typically involves inserting your Assurance Wireless SIM card, powering on the phone, and following the activation prompts on the screen.
- Transfer Data and Settings (Optional): If you have data, contacts, or settings on your old phone that you want to transfer to the new phone, you may be able to use tools like device backups, cloud services, or third-party applications to assist with the transfer process. Consult the user guides or support resources provided by Assurance Wireless or the phone manufacturer for guidance on data transfer.
Suppose you encounter any difficulties or have questions about upgrading your Assurance Wireless phone. In that case, it is recommended to contact Assurance Wireless customer support for assistance. They can provide you with personalized guidance and support throughout the upgrade process.
Bringing your own device to Assurance wireless is considered a great option if you do not purchase a phone. There is a wide variety of Assurance wireless compatible phones, making it easier for a phone to be compatible.
This article has also covered some of the terms required to bring your phone to the network. We also gave an in-depth, step-by-step guide on how to bring your phone to the network. At this point, you have all the insights needed to bring your phone to Assurance Wireless.