Verizon Wireless is the topmost leading wireless provider among the giant carriers in the US. However, it provides a highly reliable network nationwide with 4G and 5G services. This carrier also participates in the Lifeline assistance discount provided to eligible households across the US. Interestingly, this article has extensive research to provide information about the current Verizon Wireless government discounts.
Moreover, if you are an employee for a company, military, large organization, or the government, there’s an excellent opportunity that they provide some discount on your monthly bill with Verizon. Notably, these discounts apply to both your cell phone plan and internet plan. Verizon offers great monthly discounts for government, corporate, and education employees, in addition to valued service members and veterans.
Most importantly, if your organization has an agreement with Verizon, you may be eligible for these years’ government discounts. These employee discounts range from 10% to 25% off your monthly bill to up to 25% off accessories and add-ons. Besides, corporate discounts are available for Verizon Fios to enable you to save on your internet and cable. Verizon features promo codes on Verizon compatible phones if you can’t see a corporate discount that works for you.
Right Places To Find The Latest Verizon Wireless Government Discount
There are several sites, including the Verizon Wireless website, where you can check for Verizon Wireless Government Discount without much hassle.
- Go to Verizon or contact their service team at 888.844.7095.
- Follow Verizon Wireless Twitter and Facebook for the latest Verizon Wireless Government Discount.
- Monitor this page on HotDeals, and you can always receive first-hand Verizon Wireless Coupons.
Qualifications For The Government Discounts 2022
You may qualify to receive discounts on specific Verizon mobile plans, features, and accessories if you’re:
- A first responder (state or local, volunteer, active, retired or killed in action [KIA] next of kin [spouse/children of household])
- A military member, cadet, veteran, or Gold Star family member.
- A student actively enrolled (including online enrollment) in a US secondary educational institution of higher learning, including undergraduate, graduate, and vocational school or institution.
- A nurse (LPN, LVN, NP, or RN) or respiratory therapist
- A teacher (currently employed)
- An employee of or associated with a company or organization with a mobile service agreement with Verizon.
Notably, Retiree eligibility depends on your company’s agreement with Verizon. You can check with your company or contact Verizon support on how to use discount registration to find out.
Currently Available Government Discounts
- AARP – No advertised discount.
- All state – 22% off voice plans.
- American Express – 20% off voice/data plans.
- Amtrak – 15% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Apollo Group – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Bank of America – 20% off voice plans and data plans.
- Best Buy – 25% off voice/data plans and 20% off accessories.
- Boeing – 25% off voice/data plans and 50% off accessories.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises – 22% off data/voice plans and 25% off accessories.
- Colorado State Employees – 18% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- California State Employees – 15% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Capital One – 19% off voice/data plans.
- Cisco Systems – 17% off voice/data plans.
- Citigroup – 22% off voice/data plans.
- Comcast – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- CVS Pharmacy – 22% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Darden Restaurants – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Disney – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Dow Corning – 10% off voice/data plans.
- eBay – 19% off voice and data plans.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Exxon Mobile – 19% off voice/data plans.
- Federal Employees Discount – 15% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- FedEx – 20% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories.
- Fidelity Investments – 21% off voice/data plans and 25% off accessories; among others.
Steps To Get Verizon Wireless Government Discount
- Add Verizon Wireless products to the shopping cart.
- Search for a coupon code at the Verizon Wireless Government Discount page on HotDeals, and copy it to your clipboard.
- Return to the verizon.com shopping cart page, and input your contact info.
- Paste the code to the space of Discount Code, and the extra savings will get applied immediately.
Does Verizon Wireless Offer Upgrade Discounts
Many reasons may force you to upgrade your Verizon device. Perhaps, it could be that time when your contract is up, and you’re eligible to upgrade to another device at a discount. Or, maybe you’re passionate about a particular new device that better suits your busy smartphone-dependent lifestyle.
Whatever the reasons, a Verizon upgrade is a simple process that requires fewer commitments. To determine if you qualify for Verizon free phone upgrade, proceed to Verizon’s Eligible Upgrade page, and key in your mobile phone number connected to your account. Then, you’ll see when you’re due for an upgrade based on your contract.
On the other hand, if you own or manage your account, you can also log in to My Verizon or use the My Verizon app to view this information. On that page, click “Upgrade Device” to get started. Besides, if it’s not time for a free upgrade, but you can’t hold back, you can always buy a new device at the retail price.
Verizon BYOP Compatibility
Ensure your cell phone is compatible with Verizon’s network before switching to Verizon and bringing your own phone. Cell phones aren’t always compatible across carriers because carriers use different radio networks (Verizon uses CDMA, while T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM).
Thus, a quick and straightforward way to investigate if your phone is compatible with Verizon’s network is through Verizon’s online tool. You’ll need to give your phone’s IMEI, which you can typically identify by dialing *#06# on your cell phone or in your phone’s settings at the “About” section.
If your phone isn’t unlocked, you won’t switch and activate the Verizon phone. Fortunately, carriers’ request for unlocking phones isn’t as tricky as before. But you’ll have to meet your current carrier’s unlocking eligibility requirements, as highlighted below:
- A minimum period your cell phone has been activated with the carrier should be (usually 50-60 days on postpaid plans and six months to 1 year for prepaid plans)
- No outstanding bills on your account
- Cell phone not reported lost or stolen
Verizon Wireless offers great monthly discounts for government, corporate, and education employees, as well as esteemed service members and veterans on their cell phone plans and phone bills. However, if your organization has an agreement with Verizon, you may be eligible for the highlighted amazing discounts. Verizon often offers a range of special promotion deals on phone discounts, plan bills, or extra money for a trade-in when you switch.