Statistics indicate that 1 out of 5 people lose, break, or phones get stolen every year. Therefore, Cricket Wireless provides several vital steps to help replace your stolen, broken, or lost phone. Mobile device protection is crucial in case your phone meets one of these unfortunate incidences. Besides, Cricket wireless replacement phones may be new or refurbished of the same or similar kind and quality model.
If you accidentally damaged your phone, lost it, or if the device got stolen, you wouldn’t get compensated by the manufacturer’s warranty, even if it isn’t expired. Cricket Wireless doesn’t offer a warranty, but manufacturers provide a one-year limited warranty. Thus, it would help if you had Cricket Protect to get a replacement phone from Cricket Wireless in any three cases.
Moreover, you can sign up for Cricket Protect when you choose to Cricket bring your own phone or when you purchase a new eligible phone and activate it on the cricket network. This policy ensures your cell phone against loss, theft, damage (including liquids), and malfunction. With a Cricket device protection plan, you are confident that your phone gets covered against theft, loss, damage, and out-of-warranty malfunctions.
Quick Tips For Cricket Wireless Stolen Phone
When your phone gets lost or stolen, ensure you contact Cricket’s customer service right away. Otherwise, you will be responsible for any charges made by a third party until you report the incident.
Strictly, the claims must get filed within 60 days of the date of the incident. In case of these happenings:
- Try calling or texting your phone using another phone or from a GPS finding tool such as Device Manager or Find My iPhone to find it.
- If that doesn’t help, you can reach out to the Cricket Wireless support team to temporarily suspended your service or to have your phone added to the blocklist.
- If you already have AutoPay active on your phone, cancel it.
- You can file a claim if you have Cricket Protect.
Notably, if you later find your device, you can contact Customer Support through phone or chat and get all your services restored.
Cricket wireless Phone Insurance Claim
- When filing a claim about your lost, damaged, or stolen device, make sure you have the following details:
- The device cell phone number
- Make and model number for your phone
- Account bearer billing address
- Date, location, time, and details on the incident
- Credit card or debit card info for paying the deductible
- You can call Customer Support at 1-855-309-8342 to file a claim, or visit phoneclaim cricket and choose to start a Claim.
- Once the claim gets approved, wait for your replacement phone to arrive; most get shipped the next business day.
- Activate your new phone promptly when it arrives by following the activation instructions attached with your replacement.
Considerations before Replacing a Cricket Wireless Phone
There are various factors that you should follow before replacing your cell phone from cricket wireless.
1. Understand the difference between an upgrade device And a replacement device
You may get a Cricket Wireless replacement phone at a reduced price if you have Cricket Protect or cost-free if the manufacturer’s warranty still covers your phone and it is malfunctioning with no personal interference or damage in any way.
On the other hand, an upgraded phone is a device you can purchase at a total price. Besides, you can purchase a Cricket phone online or in a Cricket store, or you can opt to bring your own eligible phone based on cricket phone compatibility highlighted by this carrier.
2. Understand the difference between the Cricket Protect And manufacturer’s warranty
Generally, Cricket wireless doesn’t offer warranties, but the manufacturer does. The limited warranty offered by the manufacturer is only valid for one or two years from the date you buy your phone. If a hardware malfunction comes up within that period, you qualify for a repair, replacement, or refund.
However, you can receive a replacement phone with the Cricket Protect feature if your original phone gets stolen, lost, accidentally damaged, or broken. Still, this feature is not for free, and you have to pay $8 per month for this insurance policy and pay a $10-250 deductible for the replacement device.
Understand the claim limits
If you are a Cricket customer possessing the Cricket Protect feature, you are allowed up to three claims in any successive 12-month period. You can only apply this feature if you have already lost or damaged your phone.
Cricket Wireless replacement phone
Regarding Cricket replacement terms and conditions, you should know that Cricket Wireless provides no warranties on devices. However, the only warranty offered on a device is the limited warranty given by the manufacturer. Manufacturers’ warranties typically cover all expenses due to malfunctions and total failures of the device that the user does not cause in any way.
Moreover, suppose your phone begins malfunctioning or breaks down without any personal damage or misuse in any way. In that case, the phone’s manufacturer will replace or repair the phone with the same model at its own cost. On the other hand, manufacturers do not cover your device against loss or theft, and also does Cricket Wireless.
Notably, the replacement device may be a new or refurbished device of the same or similar model. Besides, the exact brand, color, model, and features may differ plus, the compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed. The replacement device you get compensated with comes with a 12-month replacement warranty.
Update my Cricket wireless Phone
If you want to continue with Cricket service and want to upgrade to a new, top-of-the-line cell phone, you should ensure the following:
- You must possess an existing line of service with Cricket;
- You must sign up for a Cricket monthly rate plan costing $30/month or more.
- The upgrade device must be new and bought from a Cricket store or online at cricket wireless.
- You can only upgrade your phone after every 180 days once
- A $25 device upgrade fee applies to phone upgrades in Cricket stores and online.
- You can upgrade your phone online in My Account or by walking in your local Cricket store.
Cricket Wireless Phone Activation
When you receive your new phone after replacement, you’ll have to come back and choose Activate at the top of the navigation bar to have your new device up and running. You can follow the activation instruction with the replacement phone and your SIM card in the package.
Ensure you insert your new SIM card into your new phone before activation. Immediately you’re activated, you’ll view or change your current plan by choosing your suitable one from cricket cell phone plans. If you made an online order for your Cricket service, you must activate it online as well by following the steps below:
- 1st Step- Input your SIM card before activating the service.
- 2nd Step – Locate your order number and phone number found in your order confirmation email and packing slip.
- 3rd Step – Navigate to cricket wireless activate and follow the steps.
Among other information, you will have to submit your four-digit Cricket account PIN. In case you don’t remember your PIN, you can call Cricket’s customer support for confirmation.