Total Wireless operates as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on Verizon’s network. However, customers from this company enjoy services on the largest, most robust network in the country. There are amazing total wireless phone deals for both the new and the existing customers, including the most affordable no-contract cell phone plans and a wide selection of cell phones.
Total Wireless started in 2015. Now, it depends on other carrier towers through renting its wireless services. Besides, it is now among the many prepaid carriers affiliated to TracFone, Mexico’s largest cell phone carrier América Móvile. Total Wireless cell phone plans start from $25 per month for 1GB of LTE data. However, this carrier offers more excellent coverage and supports full-speed LTE data.
Most importantly, Total Wireless provides its prepaid service with no long-term contracts, no credit checks, no activation fees, and no monthly bills. There are also iPhones and Android phones to choose from on their website. Interestingly, this carrier gives you the freedom to switch carriers or plans at will. You can bring your own unlocked cell phone as long as it’s among the total wireless compatible phones and enjoy solid coverage and good value.
What Plan Deals Does Total Wireless Offer?
Total Wireless provides both single-line plans and shared family plans. In each of the plans, the data allotment is only accessible during the month, and it does not add over to the next month.
However, Total Wireless provides $10 “Carryover” data cards with no expiry. In this case, the unused data carryover and doesn’t expire provided customer service remains active, so you can keep that additional data you buy.
- $25 per month for unlimited text and Talktime
- $35 per month for unlimited talk and text in addition to 5GB of data
- $50 per month for unlimited Talktime and text in addition to 25GB of data
Shared Family cell plans
- $60 per month for unlimited Talktime and text in addition to 15GB data shared among 2 devices or lines
- $85 a month for unlimited Talktime and text in addition to 20GB data shared on up to 3 devices or lines
- $100 per month for unlimited talk and text in addition to 25GB data shared on up to 4 devices or lines
Total Wireless’s plans come with a reasonable price, especially when compared to cell plans from major carriers, including Verizon and AT&T. For every cell plan, you will get unlimited talk and text, in addition to a certain amount of data.
However, you can find out on the cheapest phone plans with unlimited everything if you require an unlimited amount of data. If you only consume data occasionally for Google Maps and SMS messages, you can go for a Total Wireless plan that offers you 1 GB of data for just $25 per month.
Total Wireless Discounts
Total Wireless provides a point system for plan discounts and rewards. For every 100 points, you get $1. However, If you allow auto-refill, you will receive a 5% discount off the price of your plan. You can customize your Total Wireless based on your specific needs with add-ons, accessories, and other features.
Moreover, Total Wireless also has family plans, which enable you to acquire multiple lines on one account. The family plans works by getting a pool of data that is shareable between all of the lines. Total Wireless’s family plans are pretty economical, giving an equivalent of 25GB of data per line for just $24 per person.
Total Wireless Coverage and Features
As mentioned earlier, Total Wireless operates under Verizon’s 4G LTE network for coverage. Total Wireless does offer 5G coverage when using a compatible device. You can also get coverage on Verizon 4G LTE bands: 2, 4, 5, 13, 66 or Verizon 5G bands: n261.
Total Wireless Features
i) Visual voicemail
You can see your voicemail messages, read voicemail transcriptions, and instantly delete messages or call the number back.
ii) MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)
You can send and receive group and picture messages with full support for multimedia services.
iii) HD Voice / VoLTE
Total Wireless allows the use of VoLTE, offering you excellent call quality and increased connectivity with plans. You can call customer support if you experience any issues enabling this feature.
iv) WiFi calling
You can make calls even in areas with poor cell reception, provided you have a WiFi connection.
v) Hotspot data
You can still share your mobile data with your tablet, computer, and other devices.
vi) HD video streaming
You can stream high-quality HD movies, games, and videos seamlessly, thanks to a strong network connection.
vii) International calling
You can make calls from the United States to other parts of the world at affordable rates.
How Do You Switch To Total Wireless?
You can switch from your current wireless provider and bring your own phone to Total Wireless. This provision only works with most unlocked, compatible phones. Before switching, you can check phone compatibility on the carrier site. For your device to work with Total Wireless, you must have a CDMA or Verizon compatible phone.
- The first step is to go to the Total Wireless online compatibility checker, whereby you will have to input your current phone’s IMEI, MEID, or serial number. This number refers to digits given to your phone that act as a personal identifier. Usually, two devices cant share the same IMEI, MEID, or serial number.
- If you possess an Android phone, you can instantly get this information by dialing *#06# on your phone. Alternatively, you can navigate to Settings > About Phone/Device > Status.
- iPhone users get the Primary IMEI by going to Settings > General > About. You can pull out the back cover for most other categories of phones to look for one of these numbers. Notably, you may need to remove the battery to get this information.
The next step after putting your IMEI, MEID, or serial number, the compatibility checker will inform you if or not your phone is compatible with the Total Wireless network.
If your current cell phone is not compatible, you’ll get an option to browse Total Wireless cell phones. This site has the latest devices from Apple and Samsung. Fortunately, if your phone is compatible, you’ll have to buy a SIM card that will help you access the carrier’s network.
Switch to Total Wireless in three super-simple steps
1. Choose a plan
Browse Total Wireless’s range of cell plans and get the one that suits your usage.
2. Prepare to conduct the switch
Ensure you settle old bills with your previous carrier, and check if your phone is unlocked.
3) Set up your new plan
- It’s advisable to keep your current carrier account open until the time your number has ported over. Immediately your new cell plan is up and running; you can cancel your old one.
- New devices should come readily active, and if you’re bringing your own phone, you’ll have to follow the instructions found with your new Total Wireless SIM card.
What Phone Does Total Wireless Have?
Total Wireless phone selection comprises high-end models like the Apple and Samsung phones expected from a primary wireless carrier – plus the other, cheaper brands. When buying a phone for use on Total Wireless, there are some options to consider.
First, you can bring your current Verizon device to the Total Wireless carrier. Or, you can purchase an unlocked CDMA phone to use on Total Wireless. Additionally, customers can also buy a cell phone directly from Total Wireless, that include models such as;
- Apple-iPhone SE, iPhone 6-8 standard and, plus; iPhone XR, iPhone XS
- Samsung-Samsung Galaxy J7, Samsung Galaxy J3, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Samsung Galaxy Note9, S10 and S10+, S10E, S8,
- LG-LG Rebel 4, LG Premier Pro LTE, etc.**Motorola-Moto G6, Moto E5, etc.*
- Alcatel-Alcatel MYFLIP
Total Wireless Sim Card Activation Process
If you bring your own phone to Total Wireless, you need to know about the activation requirements.
- Purchase the Total Wireless starter kit online
- Replace the SIM card in your cell phone and follow the directives on the activation process
- If you want to transfer your cell phone number, the process may take up to 24 hours.
Total Wireless Sim Card Description
- Coverage is through the Verizon Wireless network
- Prepaid cell phone plans with no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your own Verizon-compatible device or purchase a Total Wireless phone
- You can keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot use/tethering permitted
- International calling enabled with a global calling card and charged at international rates plus plan minutes.
Total Wireless has a global relationship with renowned manufacturers such as Apple, Motorola, LG, and Samsung. This partnership enables the company to offer high-quality phone deals and cell phone plans that new customers are after for a reasonable price. You can also bring your own smartphone or select from cell plans that feature phones and enjoy unlimited talk and text plans.