Suddenlink is a wireless provider owned by Altice, which offers cable TV, internet, and home phone services to 17 states, primarily in rural and suburban areas. However, Suddenlink low income internet is available virtually nationwide, serving the states in the Southeast and Midwest and on the West Coast, plus 17 other states. Besides, Amarillo and Charleston are the major metro areas covered by Suddenlink cable internet. Suddenlink also offers fiber coverage, although it is not as widely available.
Interestingly, Suddenlink does provide fast internet speeds, starting with plans of 100 Mbps, 300 Mbps, 500 Mbps, and 1G available. Suddenlink takes pride in participating in this Federal Government program, which offers Suddenlink free internet.
This monthly discount help qualifying households pay for Internet service. Additionally, the program is available to new and current Suddenlink customers and applies to any Suddenlink Internet plan.
On the other hand, if you’re switching to Suddenlink, Suddenlink 300 internet plan is fully covered by the Affordable Connectivity Program discount offer. You can contact 877.437.2815 to identify what other plans may also be fully covered by Suddenlink low-income internet.
The Affordable Connectivity Program discount can apply to any Internet plan provided by Suddenlink. Families that attain the income or government assistance requirements are eligible for Suddenlink discounted or low-cost internet.
Qualification For Suddenlink Low Income Internet
Eligible households qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if a household member meets one of the following criteria, which depend on US Government rules:
- Recipient of SNAP/food stamps, Medicaid, or eligible to participate in another one of the FCC’s Lifeline qualifying programs.
- Enrolled in a school that provides free school breakfast and lunch to all students through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
- Recipient of Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefit.
- Recipient of free or reduced-price school lunch or breakfast through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Federal Pell Grant beneficiary in the current award year.
- Gross annual household income equals to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Notably, every household can only get one Suddenlink ACP benefit. The benefit is transferable from one participating provider to another but cannot transfer to another individual or household even if they qualify.
Thus, qualifying households will be subject to Suddenlink’s undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions if they disqualify, de-enroll, or transfer their benefit to another provider without terminating service or if the program ends.
Application For The Suddenlink ACP
Applying for a low-income internet discount from the Affordable Connectivity Program is simple and easy.
1st Step: Check if you’re eligible
According to Federal Government guidelines, you must meet the eligibility criteria by obtaining approval from the National Verifier. Ensure the person who receives verification is the Suddenlink account owner.
2nd Step: Shop for Suddenlink internet service
If you’re already a customer, proceed on to Step 3.
3rd Step: Complete the registration and apply the ACP credit to your Suddenlink account
You will get notified about the status of your application within 5 business days. If approved, you’ll find your credit within 2 bills.
Internet Services Offered By Suddenlink
Suddenlink delivers high-speed internet deals that come at you fast, from 100 Mbps to 940 Mbps (in select areas). Again, you enjoy unlimited data with all Suddenlink Internet plans. Plus, the Wi-Fi offers total home coverage to connect all your devices. There’re widespread free hotspots in the Suddenlink coverage area to connect your device.
Suddenlink Internet Plans
Suddenlink provides internet speeds up to 940 Mbps with unlimited data usage. However, customers who don’t require faster download speeds can select plans with speeds as low as 100 Mbps.
Luckily, all of Suddenlink’s internet plans, including Internet 940 Mbps, Internet 500 Mbps , and Internet 300 Mbps packages, feature a Visa Gift Card starting from $50 to $200 (redeemable within the first 12 months of service). You can get HBO Max for free when you combine Suddenlink Internet with Premier TV service.
Most Suddenlink internet plans are free from fees standard with other internet plans, but they still charge a few. You need to pay $59 for most Suddenlink plans for professional installation, which is pretty reasonable.
However, Suddenlink does occasionally provide free installation as a promotion. You can get away with Suddenlink’s installation fee by utilizing your own modem or choose to self-install. Notably, renting a modem from Suddenlink will cost you $10 per month.
Suddenlink Internet Speeds
Suddenlink internet speed begins at around 50Mbps and increases with plans delivering as fast as 1000Mbps in fiber-connected areas. However, each of Suddenlink’s internet plans is named according to download speed, so you know right away what to expect in terms of service. The popular Suddenlink Internet plans include:
- Suddenlink 100 Mbps: Features download speeds of up to 100 Mbps, and is ideal for most families having a few devices that share data simultaneously. However, this plan allows you can enjoy Hulu shows and Spotify music seamlessly.
- Suddenlink 300 Mbps: This plan delivers a faster download speed of up to 300 Mbps, especially suitable for users who download lots of large files and stream videos in 4K.
- Suddenlink 940 Mbps: This is the fastest plan of Suddenlink’s internet that delivers speeds up to 940 Mbps. With this plan, you will get lightning-fast downloads, zero buffering and streaming with many devices without interrupting service.
Suddenlink offers low-income internet to households who qualify following the Federal Government eligibility criteria. By qualifying for an Affordable connectivity program, you can get an internet discount per month to lower your monthly bill to $0.
However, other internet plans and bundling options are available to customers who don’t qualify for the government internet discount at a very affordable price.