Suddenlink Communications operates as an American telecommunications subsidiary of Altice USA. Besides, the Company provides cable T.V., broadband services, I.P. telephony, advertising, home security, and more. Suddenlink is one of the proud Affordable Connectivity Program providers. The Federal Government is currently providing a subsidy on broadband internet services to help eligible households pay for monthly wireless service through the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Most importantly, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new, longer-term, $14 billion program launched after the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program expiry. ACP program assists eligible low-income households who qualify following the Federal Government guidelines. Suddenlink ACP will ensure that Americans can afford the internet connections they require for school, work, health care, etc.
Moreover, if you meet the affordable connectivity program eligibility, you may qualify for a monthly internet credit of up to $30 per month towards your monthly internet service bill. The affordable connectivity program applies to new and current Suddenlink customers. Notably, Suddenlink coverage spread to states of Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, Arkansas, West Virginia, Missouri, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and parts of California and Mississippi.
How To Qualify for The Suddenlink ACP Program
Generally, the eligible households can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if one of your household members meets one of the following eligibility criteria, according to U.S. Government rules:
- Gross annual household income equal to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Recipient of SNAP/food stamps, Medicaid, or a member qualified to participate in another one of the FCC’s Lifeline qualifying programs.
- Recipient of Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for (WIC) Women, Infants, and Children benefit
- Recipient of breakfast through the (NSLP) National School Lunch Program Or free or reduced-price school lunch.
- Enrollee in a school that provides free school breakfast and lunch to all learners through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Recipient of the Federal Pell Grant at the current award year
Most importantly, each household can only receive one affordable connectivity benefit. The benefit is transferrable from one participating provider to another but cannot get switched to another individual or household even if they are eligible.
However, the qualifying households will face the Suddenlink’s undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions if they disqualify, de-enroll, or switch their benefit to another provider without terminating service or ending the program.
How to Apply for Suddenlink ACP
If you have Suddenlink internet service, you will first require to get an Affordable Connectivity Program approval through the National Verifier at ACPBenefit.org. The approval can get obtained in an online approval notice (take a screenshot), an email, or a letter. Notably, ensure the person qualifying for the Affordable Connectivity Program benefit is the Suddenlink account owner.
Thus, the Suddenlink account owner will have to apply the Suddenlink application process at Suddenlink ACP and start enjoying Suddenlink packages for existing customers. During the application process, you will need to submit your Suddenlink account number and the National Verifier application I.D., your name, and your address (among other documents) as they appear on the National Verifier approval.
Therefore, to apply for Suddenlink ACP and get free internet, you must follow the easy steps below:
Ensure that you are Suddenlink ACP-eligible. You can have verification at acpbenefit.org and ensure that the person who gets verified is the Suddenlink account owner.
If you are not a Suddenlink customer, you must obtain Suddenlink internet service first. You can get plans at Suddenlink. And, if you are an existing Suddenlink customer, you can proceed to the next step.
If you received approval from the National Verifier for the Affordable Connectivity Program (step 1) and are a Suddenlink customer (step 2), you can enroll in the Suddenlink ACP.
In this case, you need to complete the online application form by submitting all the necessary information and documentation. After approval, you will benefit from saving on your internet wireless services. Notably, your credit will appear within two billing cycles.
Documentation Required to Apply for The Suddenlink ACP
First, to obtain your Affordable Connectivity Program benefit through Suddenlink, you’ll have to confirm your eligibility through the National Verifier at ACP Benefit and then provide your information (including your Affordable Connectivity Program National Verifier application I.D.) to the provider at Suddenlink ACP.
Additionally, to apply for Suddenlink ACP, you must prove your ACP eligibility. As such, the provider will try to verify some information automatically. If it cannot verify your identity, address, or eligibility, you may have to add specific documentation. However, depending on your eligibility criteria, you may be prompted to submit one of the following documents:
To Show Your Identity:
- Submit an official document capturing your full legal name and date of birth
- Qualifying documents include a valid government, passport, military, state, or Tribal ID, U.S. driver’s license, Green Card, birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization, etc.
To Confirm Your Physical Address:
- Submit an official document featuring your full name and current physical address.
- Documents required include a passport, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, I.D., driver’s license, most recent W-2 or tax return, etc.
To Prove Your Income-Based Eligibility:
- Show proof of income that comprises your full name and annual income.
- Document required include a previous year’s state, paycheck stubs, federal or Tribal tax return, current employer income statement, your Social Security statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, a retirement/pension statement of benefits, etc.
To Prove Your Participation In An Eligible Government Sponsered Program:
- Submit an official document that features your full name, the program’s name, the name of the government entity that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months.
- Documents required include a benefit verification letter, an approval letter, a benefit award letter, school documentation, a statement of benefits, etc.
Most importantly, only citizens who are 18 years old or more and emancipated minors can apply. However, you may have to verify your age or your emancipated minor status. including an official document proving your emancipated minor status.
What Benefits Does Suddenlink ACP Offer to Qualified Customers
The Suddenlink ACP offers qualified low-income households a monthly credit of $30 per month. In other words, a household can get up to $30 per month relief towards its monthly broadband bill. For instance, if your household uses broadband internet worth a $60 monthly plan, upon qualifying for the Suddenlink ACP benefit, you will have to pay $30 only.
Again, in the tribal lands, the Suddenlink ACP eligible households get $75 per month. The FCC has set some criteria to determine the applicant’s eligibility. There are 2 categories of households eligible to get the benefits, beneficiaries of the Lifeline, EBB, or other government assistance programs and households. They attain the specific income level set by the FCC. Such categories will receive Suddenlink ACP benefits, and one household will receive one benefit only.
Suddenlink Internet Cost
The internet prices for Suddenlink depend on the package and internet speed you want, plus fees and additional charges such as paperless billing. However, the current introductory rate for Internet 100 internet-only service begins at $19.99 per month, with Internet 1 Gig service for $79.99 per month. Additionally, Suddenlink internet service is also available as a package of internet plus cable TV and home phone bundles, with service add-ons available.
Interestingly, you can get the best bundle deals for tv, internet, and phone, by bundling your services together. Internet plus mobile savings allows Suddenlink Internet customers to save more on their monthly bills. Customers must maintain active Suddenlink Internet services to qualify for savings. However, depending on the category of mobile and Internet plans you subscribe to, you can save up to $30 per month off your monthly mobile and Internet bills.
Suddenlink ACP Plans and Benefits
Suddenlink is a proud ACP participant, and as such, ACP-eligible Suddenlink customers can get a discount of up to $30 on monthly internet broadband services. Besides, the following Suddenlink internet plans come fully serviced by the Affordable Connectivity Program discount benefit:
1) Gig Internet Markets:
- Internet 100 or Internet 200 (Bring your own modem)
- Internet 100 (for Autopay)
2) 400 Mbps Internet Markets:
- Internet 50 or Internet 100 (Bring your own modem)
- Internet 50 (for Autopay)
3) 150 Mbps Internet Markets:
- Internet 50 or Internet 75 (Bring your own modem)
- Internet 50 (for Autopay)
4) Up to 50 Mbps Internet Markets:
- Tier 1 (Up to 15 Mbps) or Tier 2 (Up to 30 Mbps) (Bring your own modem)
- Tier 1 (Up to 15 Mbps) (Enrolled in Autopay)
Notably, all these plans are available at no charge, and speed and offer availability differ by state.
To apply for Suddenlink ACP, you must first qualify through the National Verifier. However, without approval from the USAC administered National Verifier, you won’t get Suddenlink ACP internet benefits. You must qualify based on the listed criteria above and submit your documents to confirm your eligibility for approval. Besides, only one ACP discount applies to every household, and the benefits are not transferable from one person to another.