Optimum provides cable and fiber internet services to more than 12 million subscribers across New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Northeast, in New York, and North Carolina. Additionally, Optimum provides cable TV, home phone, and mobile services bundled with home internet service. The company also offers Optimum low income internet, with mobile services powered by T-Mobile’s wireless network.
Everyone understands a fast, reliable Internet connection is vital to human survival. For this reason, Optimum wants to empower and enrich every household through technology by connecting families by providing affordable Internet services to users who need them most. Everything gets done online, from paying your bills and job applications to making doctor’s appointments, schooling, etc. With average internet prices around $60 per month, it may be challenging to find low-cost Internet solutions that match your budget.
On the other hand, with Optimum FlexAbility, you can pick the internet speed, TV package, or plan package you want that includes Optimum business internet plans. Notably, Optimum doesn’t feature any contracts, and if you’re not happy, Optimum gives a 60-day money-back guarantee. With regular internet plans ranging at $44.99 per month, Optimum provides download speeds up to 940 Mbps. If fiber internet coverage is in your area, you can experience symmetrical internet speeds.
How To Get Optimum low income internet?
The US federal government has several programs that low-income families, senior citizens, and the disabled qualify for free Internet service or low-cost plans. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) offers this assistance together with states and local internet/cable providers to ensure that low-income households access essential communication.
Most importantly, the Affordable Connectivity Program offers discounts to low-income families for paying for broadband services on high-speed Internet connections and devices. Additionally, low-income families may be eligible for a discount on purchasing tablets, desktop computers, Chromebooks, and other devices.
Again, you can get free internet for low-income families with Lifeline. This program is the principal government Internet assistive program. The federal government subsidizes an Internet connection for a family by covering some or all of the monthly internet fees. In most cases, the household may pay a meager monthly cost to participate, but Lifeline may offer the program entirely free to eligible low-income households.
What is the Lowest Cost Optimum Internet Service?
1) Optimum Advantage Internet
This type of internet is a low-income household discount applicable to households who qualify and meet the eligibility criteria. For only $14.99 per month, you can experience Internet speeds of up to 50 Mbps (megabits per second). However, the first 60 days are entirely free.
Moreover, families with students qualifying or participating in the National School Lunch Program, senior citizens benefiting from Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or veterans receiving public assistance are qualifying recipients.
On the other hand, if you qualify for Optimum free internet, you might be eligible for the ACP, designed by FCC to keep you connected affordably. Thanks to a $30 credit per month discount from ACP, your cellular service could be free if you qualify.
You may qualify for Optimum Advantage Internet under the following conditions:
i) Households with Students
Your household eligibility for or participation in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
If you are a New York City resident going to a New York City public school.
Elders 65 years or older and eligible for or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
You are a Veteran and benefit from state or federal public assistance.
What you receive:
- Up to 50 Mbps Internet
- Free installation
- Free WiFiWiFi router
- No Data Caps
- Risk-free, cancel anytime
However, you can contact 844.358.3147 for further queries on Optimum internet services. In addition to the discounted internet, Optimum Advantage subscribers can also buy a reconditioned Chromebook laptop for just $149.
2) Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program
Optimum is dedicated to helping communities stay connected affordably. Currently, Optimum participates in the Federal Government’s Affordable Connectivity Program, which replaced the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
If you qualify, you may get Optimum internet plans for senior citizens. Depending on your speed, your Internet service could be FREE with the provided $30 monthly discount.
What is The Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Federal Government is now giving a subsidy to assist eligible households in paying for Internet service through the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you qualify, you may receive a monthly credit of up to $30 per month for nontribal lands and $75 per month for qualifying tribal lands to help pay for your Internet service.
However, this program applies to new and current Optimum customers, and they can qualify based on the below criteria. Eligible households are the ACP if a household member meets one of the following criteria, based on US Government rules:
- Receives SNAP/food stamps, Medicaid, or qualify to participate in any of the FCC’s Lifeline qualifying programs
- Enrolled in a school that provides free school breakfast and lunch to all students via the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), most New York City public schools also qualify.
- Recipient of Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefit
- Recipient of free or reduced-price school lunch or breakfast via the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Federal Pell Grant recipient in the ongoing award year
- Gross annual household income equals at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
Most importantly, each household can only get one affordable connectivity benefit. The benefit is transferrable from one participating provider to another but cannot get transferred between individuals or households even if they qualify.
Qualifying households will get subjected to Optimum’s undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions upon disqualifying, de-enroll, and transferring their benefit to another provider without canceling service or ending the program.
How Much Is Optimum Internet?
Generally, Optimum internet plans for existing customers differ by plan selection. Optimum Online, which offers download speeds starting from 10Mbps to 400Mbps, costs $24.99 to $119.95 per month. Besides, the discounted Altice Advantage service provides download speeds of up to 35Mbps and is available to qualify low-income customers for $14.95 per month. Optimum Gig, delivering speeds of up to 1 GB for both uploads and downloads, goes for $59.99 per month.
However, Optimum Online is available only within Optimum service areas in New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, and Pennsylvania. The discounted Altice Advantage internet service is for eligible low-income subscribers in some areas of New York, New Jersey, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, California, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, Texas, and West Virginia.
Optimum Altice USA also provides for seniors who qualify for a 10% monthly discount on basic cable. To qualify, you must have 62 years or older. However, if single, your income should be $24,432 or less a year, and if married, you need to have an income of $29,956 or less per year. Optimum also provides a cheap internet option for qualifying seniors for just $14.99 per month.
Features of Optimum Internet Plans
- Download speed tiers include Optimum 300 Mbps, Optimum 400 Mbps, Optimum 500 Mbps, and fiber internet with a download speed of 940 Mbps. Available bundle options with all Optimum internet plans.
- Free smart router with modem leasing and internet plan sign up. The smart router provides whole-home WIFI connection support for several devices and Ethernet connectivity ideal for your home network computer or laptop.
- Free High-Speed Optimum WIFI connection, having the largest and most advanced WIFI hotspots in the nation with over 2 million WIFI hotspots.
- There are no contracts and lifetime pricing guarantees on most Optimum internet plans, provided the customer maintains their account in good standing with consistent on-time bill payments.
- Exclusive access to Altice Mobile, a nationwide LTE unlimited data cell phone plan, provided exclusively by Altice USA to Optimum clients using the Sprint Network.
- Lower-income families may also qualify for low-cost 30 Mbps internet with Optimum WIFI at reduced pricing through the “Altice Advantage Internet” plan. Discounted standard installation, free smart router and modem, and unlimited data are the main features with a risk-free cancel anytime policy.
- Bundle options are available with deals on cable TV features, home WIFI network, DVR, home phone, and mobile plans.
- Optimum Internet Network security ensures that customer data and devices are safe and secure.
- 30-day money-back guarantee refund.
- Up to $500 contract buyout for a new customer opting to get Optimum internet and TV bundles.
- Flexible customer service featuring 24/7 web response support
In today’s era, access to low-cost internet is increasingly necessary in the modern connected world. While searching for internet providers in your area, you may choose Optimum internet plans. In this case, Optimum offer low-cost internet without any contract attachments.
This internet provider serves more than 4.9 million customers in 21 states and offers internet, cable television, and telephone services. Therefore, you can join Optimum and save on your monthly internet bills.