MetroPCS is a subsidiary brand of T-Mobile. The no-contract carrier is currently known as Metro by T-Mobile. Besides, it takes pride in participating in the new federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers MetroPCS free tablet. Additionally, the carrier through ACP gives payment discounts to eligible households on data plans, depending on income levels and other factors.
However, customers qualify for the Metro affordable connectivity program through household income or participation in special government assistance programs. You can confirm your eligibility and apply for the program at ACP benefit. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government initiative that offers a discount on monthly broadband internet service bills for eligible low-income households. The MetroPCS ACP got launched on January 27, 2022.
On the other hand, the National Verifier will determine your eligibility to receive a free tablet. You can contact the National Verifier at (800) 234-9473if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. Besides, all Metro by T-Mobile rate plans smartphone data are eligible for the ACP benefit. If you have questions concerning your free tablet rate plan eligibility, you can go to a store or call MetroPCS Customer Care at 888-863-8768.
Eligibility for MetroPCS Free Tablet
To qualify for MetroPCS free tablet offer, applicants must prove eligibility. However, a household qualifies for an Affordable Connectivity Program tablet if one member of the household attains at least one of the below criteria:
- Attains an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Participants in specific assistance programs including SNAP, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
- Participants in Tribal specific programs including Tribal TANF, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Recipient of benefits through the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- Recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year or
- Attains the eligibility criteria for a participating wireless provider’s existing low-income program.
Benefits You Will Get With the MetroPCS Free Tablet
Suppose you are an eligible household member. You can get:
- Up to a $30 per month discount on your qualifying rate plans service. Or, up to a $75 per month discount if your household reside on qualifying Tribal lands)
- Only one monthly service discount applies per household.
- A free tablet that includes a discount of $100. However, you must contribute less than $10 and not more than $50 towards the device purchase.
Compatible Rate Plans With MetroPCS Free Tablet
Generally, all MetroPCS rate plans compatible with smartphone data qualify for the ACP benefit. In other words, you can receive free 5GB of high-speed smartphone data, free unlimited calling, and texting, and Scam Shield with free Scam ID, free Scam Block, and free Caller ID from Metro by T-Mobile.
However, there are other plans you can receive when you qualify for the ACP $30 monthly discount. All with 5G access included on America’s largest 5G network and free Scam Block, free Scam ID, and free Caller ID with Scam Shield:
- For only $10 per month, you can get unlimited talk and text plus 10GB of high-speed smartphone data.
- For just $20 per month, receive unlimited talk, text, high-speed smartphone data, 5GB of high-speed hotspot data, and 100GB of Google One cloud storage.
- just $30 per month, receive Metro by T-Mobile’s top plan featuring unlimited text, and talk
- High-speed smartphone data
- 15GB of high-speed hotspot data
- 100GB Google One cloud storage and an Amazon Prime subscription ($14.99/month value).
Offers Of MetroPCS Affordable Connectivity Program
Apart from the free government phone and tablet offer, you will receive many benefits through the MetroPCS Affordable Connectivity Program. Below are some of the benefits:
i) Free Cell phone services
If you are eligible for the MetroPCS ACP benefit, you can enjoy free cell phone service. In this case, ensure MetroPCS offers coverage in your area since service plans vary based on the state or area. You can also get talk text and data plans for the ACP-qualified customers.
ii) Free Laptops
The program offers you a voucher that you redeem at selected laptop stores. Students have the priority to get a free laptop so that they can have added advantages while studying and researching. However, every free laptop packs advanced features like high RAM, a high-resolution display, a large capacity battery, etc. To receive an ACP-free laptop, you need to co-pay some dollars towards the $100 voucher.
iii) Free tablets
ACP participants can receive a free tablet with food stamps through MetroPcs. However, those tablets feature top-notch features such as a quality camera, high-resolution screen, ample memory storage, Wi-Fi facility, etc. MetroPCS offers both new and renewed tablets for ACP customers.
iv) Free internet
You can have free internet combined with a free laptop from the MetroPCS ACP. The whole package is free if you can consume monthly internet within the $30 bracket. However, MetroPCS avails the fiber optic- network to ensure fast and seamless internet to all customers.
MetroPCS function as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) under T-Mobile. Besides, the company offers frequent offers on smartphones, tablets, cell phones, and other accessories at a reasonably discounted price.
Fortunately, you can enroll and apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program through MetroPCS and receive a free tablet. The free tablet offered by MetroPCS is part of the Federal Government’s mission of meeting communication goals to deserving households.