TruConnect Mobile is a rising American MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that provides mobile data plans, prepaid cell phone plans, and smartphones on T-Mobile’s nationwide network and mobile hotspots.
Besides, it also participates in Lifeline and offers TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP benefits for eligible customers. The ACP is a government-supported program led by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). However, it offers discounts on monthly broadband Internet service and selects connected devices.
Generally, the ACP offers discounts of up to $30 for every qualified household on a monthly broadband Internet access service. Or up to $75 per eligible household residing on qualifying Tribal lands. You can get up to $100 on specific connected devices if you give a co-pay of between not less than $10 and not exceeding $50. Notably, the ACP monthly service and device discounts are not transferrable to another household or individual.
Moreover, the qualified household gets limited to one monthly service discount, plus a TruConnect free tablet device discount. The ACP benefits may get obtained from any participating provider like TrueConnect.
Besides, your monthly service discounts may get transferred to another provider of your choice. ACP services and devices acquisition depends on consumer eligibility, product availability, provider participation, and verification and approval by the FCC or the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
How To Determine TruConnect ACP Eligibility
A household can qualify to apply and receive an ACP discount if a household member meets one of the below criteria:
- Recipient of benefits from specific federal assistance programs including Medicaid, SNAP, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) Program, Supplemental Security Income or Lifeline;
- Recipient of benefits from the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program;
- Features an income at or below 200% according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Attainment of the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s qualifying low-income program.
Additionally, households residing on Tribal lands are also eligible to have an ACP discount if a member of the household attains one of the criteria below:
- Recipient of Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance;
- Participates in Head Start (for only households attaining the income qualifying standard);
- Recipient of (Tribal TANF) Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- A beneficiary in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
Moreover, the ACP eligibility will ger determined through the FCC by Universal Service Administrative Company’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database or through any other alternative verification process approved by the FCC.
You may have one ACP and one Lifeline benefit per household for lifeline customers. And, your Lifeline benefit and ACP can get applied through the same service plan or applied to different service plans.
On the other hand, it’s not a must to opt-in to the ACP, and you can continue to get your Lifeline service without enrolling in the ACP. Besides, you may decide to take ACP benefits from another service provider other than your existing Lifeline provider.
If you wish to have your TruConnect ACP plan on a separate device using a different phone number, you can contact Customer Service at 800-430-0443 or dial 611 using your TruConnect phone. You can get a TruConnect replacement phone for your lost, stolen, or damaged cell phone.
What Documents Are Required to Apply for the TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program
When applying for the TruConnect ACP benefit, your identity, address, and eligibility will get verified by the company. If Truconnect fails to confirm your details, you may have to provide additional documentation or information.
Regarding your eligibility criteria, you may require to submit any of the following documents:
i) An official document showing your participation in eligible government assistance programs. The document must include:
- Full legal name
- Name of the qualifying program
- Name of the entity that gave the document
- Document issue date within the last 12 months.
For instance, you can submit some of the following documents: benefit award letter, statement of benefits, approval letter, or a benefit verification letter.
ii) Federal Poverty Guidelines
An official document confirming that your annual income lies at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The document must feature your full name and your annual income.
- Last year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Child support award, divorce decree, or a retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- A legal document that checks your identity. The document must feature your full name and date of birth.
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- A valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID, birth certificate, U.S. driver’s license, passport,
- Permanent resident card or Green Card,
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document.
iii) An official document confirming your address. It must feature your full name and your physical address.
- Driver’s license, valid government, state, or Tribal ID, utility bill, mortgage, or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return.
Suppose you reside with another adult participating in the ACP and get ACP benefits; you will have to answer specific questions to check if your household can qualify for more than one benefit.
Most importantly, to apply for the ACP program, you need to be 18 or more years old or an emancipated minor. The emancipated minors will need to submit an official document for their emancipated minor status. Including a court document or the letter of emancipation.
Application for TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program
Follow the below steps to apply for TruConnect ACP:
Step 1– Ensure you are TruConnect ACP eligible as per the eligibility requirements above.
Step 2– Proceed to truconnect.com/broadband. Input your ZIP code and email address. Tap on the ‘Apply Now button. Then, you will get redirected to TruConnect’s ACP application form. Complete it with the required information and attach the necessary documentation. Submit your TruConnect ACP application.
Step 3-Wait for several days for the provider to inform you whether or not your application went through. Then, you can begin enjoying your TruConnect ACP benefits using TruConnect compatible phones.
Alternatively, you can apply directly to acpbenefit.org and fill out an online application there. Afterward, you can call TruConnect’s customer care service to choose a plan and get a discount applied to your bill.
Perhaps, you can submit your documents online when done with TruConnect’s online application. Or, you can submit your ACP application by mail. Get copies or capture pictures of the documents with a smartphone, camera, copy machine, or scanner. Do not forward dark or blurry copies, and DONT submit original copies.
Benefits of TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program
TruConnect’s ACP plans and benefits vary on your state of residence and the available options at your enrollment. However, you can apply for your ACP benefits on any available TruConnect service plan. TruConnect ACP provides the following benefits:
- Non-California Lifeline customers: TruConnect ACP free plan for Lifeline customers outside California includes 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data. Besides, the ACP plan includes 8GB to your Lifeline plan and Wi-Fi hotspot capability.
- California Lifeline customers: TruConnect’s California ACP plan for Lifeline customers features 14 GB of 4G/LTE data. Besides, the ACP plan includes 8 GB to your Lifeline plan and Wi-Fi hotspot capability.
- Stand-alone Service: TruConnect’s free ACP plan for non-Lifeline members includes 8 GB of 4G/LTE data, Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, and an LTE-enabled hotspot device of your choice or an Android smartphone.
Depending on resource availability, TruConnect may provide ACP-qualify customers to buy a discounted 8-inch Google Play Certified Android tablet with LTE connectivity, which applies as a one-time ACP discount of up to $100.
Does TruConnect Offer Free ACP Tablet
TruConnect is a Lifeline and an ACP service provider that avails discounts on broadband internet services and connected devices such as tablets. Precisely, TruConnect does not provide free ACP tablets. Instead, you can get discounted tablets at a lower and more affordable price. You receive up to a $100 discount towards the tablet purchase with a co-payment of $10 to $50.
Fortunately, the discount makes it convenient for low-income households to acquire a tablet without stretching their budget. Notably, you qualify for only one device discount. Plus, the type and model of the TruConnect ACP tablet depends on the available options at the application. Below are ways to apply for TruConnect ACP tablet:
- Proceed to Truconnect.
- Complete the application form by submitting your ZIP code and email address and press “enroll now.”
- Submit your details, including name, phone number, address, date of birth, and tap ”next.”
- If the system confirms your state eligibility, you will get allowed to start with the application.
- Then, attach ACP eligibility documents and send the form
- Wait for approval and get your ACP tablet.
TruConnect ACP program provides a monthly discount towards broadband services and a one-time device discount to get a tablet. You can qualify for the ACP benefits from this carrier if your income equals or is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Also, you can qualify following program participation on select government benefits. Besides, the program provides other benefits depending on available options and residential state.