TruConnect is among the many United States mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) that provide mobile devices plus affordable talk, text, and data plans through T-Mobile’s nationwide network. Besides, this Company is a Lifeline provider, a program that offers free or discounted wireless service plans, cell phones, and hotspots to Lifeline-qualified low-income customers. However, you can get a TruConnect free tablet in government programs that offer discounts on connected devices.
Lifeline is a government-sponsored program that subsidizes internet services to low-income households. Additionally, TruConnect is an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider. The ACP is a program that replaced the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit. The program is a government initiative by the FCC that provides eligible customers discounts on monthly broadband internet access services and connected devices such as tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Notably, TruConnect does not wholly provide free ACP tablets. Typically, the Company gives out discounted tablets that are cheap to afford low-income families. Primarily, eligible low-income people receive up to a $100 discount on the TruConnect free tablet with a co-payment ranging from $10 to $50. This discount allows low-income households to afford and own a tablet without stretching much on their budget.
Ways To Get TruConnect Free Tablet
i) Through Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
As explained earlier, the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government program launched to provide discounts on monthly broadband internet access services and specific connected devices. The FCC will confirm program eligibility via the Universal Service Administrative Company’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database or use an alternative verification process.
However, you are eligible for the ACP benefit through meeting the eligibility criteria like participation in similar qualifying programs as the Lifeline Program. The government-sponsored programs include SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Fund.
Most importantly, eligible Lifeline benefit participants qualify for the ACP benefit. The following are the additional eligibility criteria to the ACP benefit:
- Free and Reduced Priced School Lunch and Breakfast Program
- WIC Program
- Federal Pell Grant (recent award year recipients)
- Household income at or less than 200% of the federal poverty level
- Several Tribal Assistance Programs such as Headstart, Tribal TANF, and others
On the other hand, the ACP monthly service and device discounts on TruConnect free tablets cannot get transferred to other individuals or households. Besides, an eligible household is restricted to one monthly service discount and one device discount. You can receive your ACP benefit from your favorite participating provider and can transfer your benefit to another provider anytime.
TruConnect ACP Plans
If you qualify for a free government tablet from TruConnect, you need to have data plans that your device will use. TruConnect ACP plans vary depending on your state of residence, and available options right now include:
a) California ACP Customers
TruConnect’s California FREE ACP plan packs at least 14 GB of 4G/LTE data. However, the ACP plan tops up at least 8 GB of data to your Lifeline plan with Wi-Fi hotspot capability.
b) ACP Customers Outside of California
TruConnect’s FREE ACP plans to feature at least 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data. Besides, the ACP plan tops up at least 8 GB of data to your Lifeline plan with Wi-Fi hotspot functionality.
c) Stand-Alone Service
TruConnect’s FREE ACP plans provide a minimum of 8 GB of 4G/LTE data, Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, and an LTE-enabled hotspot device or Google Play Certified LTE Android smartphone. The tablet that TruConnect offers on the Affordable Connectivity Program include:
Sunshine Elite Tablet – $10.01
- 8″ Display
- 5 MP Rear Camera, 2 MP Front Camera
- 16GB Storage
- 2GB RAM
- 1.5 GHz Processor
- Wi-Fi and LTE
ii) TruConnect Lifeline Program
Lifeline is a government program to connect eligible low-income households by subsidizing phone service. TruConnect provides Lifeline in 36 states, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
To get a free government smartphone and monthly service from TruConnect, you must attain the income-based or program-based eligibility criteria. However, the program is limited to one Lifeline benefit account per household.
Qualifying Programs On TruConnect Lifeline Include:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal
- SNAP / CalFresh
- Veteran and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Several Tribal Assistance Programs, including Tribal TANF and others
Notably, all participating Lifeline members should renew their free government phone service once per year to avoid disconnection. Again, it is worth noting that Lifeline is a nontransferable government assistance program restricted to one member per household. Only eligible consumers may enroll.
Steps Of TruConnect Lifeline Program
You can apply online for your plan by answering a few questions and attaching your eligibility documents for Lifeline or the ACP benefit.
ii) Approval, Shipping, and Activation
After submitting your application with the relevant documentation, the next step is approval. TruConnect will ship you your brand-new device or SIM card at no cost. When your order lands at your destination, follow the instructions to get started in no time.
iii) Use Each Month
You can keep your TruConnect service by doing everything you love on your device monthly. The options are endless, starting with a free device, unlimited talk, and text, plus up to 14 GB of data.
Application For TruConnect Free Tablet
When applying for TruConnect free tablet, you must take a few simple steps. However, note that before starting the application process, you must fill in accurate information and have the relevant and legit certificates to prove eligibility. Below are the simple steps to apply for a TruConnect free tablet:
i) Confirm Eligibility
Applying for TruConnect ACP tablet without attaining the eligibility requirements is a waste of time since your application will get declined instantly. Thus, before initiating the application process, confirm whether you attain at least one of the requirements described above in this guideline. Again, gather all the eligibility documents to attach to your application form. Then, when everything is ready, begin the application.
ii) TruConnect Free Tablet Application
The next step is to apply for the free tablet offer, which requires you to fill out the ACP free tablet application form. In this case, you can print a mail-in application or apply online. Notably, the online application is the fastest and most convenient. The online method features applying:
1) Through Lifeline National Verifier Website
- Launch fcc.gov/acp from your browser
- Next, scroll down the page until you see the “apply now” button
- Press “apply now” and you will get redirected to the affordable connectivity program official page acpbenefit.org
- On the page, tap ”apply now” and begin filling out the online form.
- Fill in the correct personal details such as official name, address, and date of birth
- Ascertain whether you are eligible independently or dependently.
- Press “next” and submit your email and password to sign up for an ACP account.
- Afterward, attach all the relevant eligibility documents and send your form.
- Wait for approval for ACP discounts.
- If successful, contact TruConnect, choose your preferred plan, and enjoy your TruConnect free tablet discounts.
2) Through TruConnect Official Website
Aside from the online application through the national verifier, you can opt to apply for TruConnect free tablet directly from the Company’s website as follows:
- Proceed to truconnect.com
- Complete the application form by submitting your ZIP code and email address and tap “enroll now.”
- Fill in your details, including name, address, date of birth, and phone number, and tap ”next.”
- If the system identifies your state as eligible, you will get access to proceed with the application.
- Afterward, attach ACP required eligibility documents and forward the form.
- Wait for approval and obtain your ACP tablet from TruConnect.
Through participating wireless providers like TruConnect, the US government offers free tablets to eligible low-income families through the Affordable Connectivity Program. This program enables the less privileged to stay connected to the digital world. If you attain the eligibility requirements, you can apply for a TruConnect free tablet and enjoy the benefits of free or discounted cell phone services.