As of April 2020, T-mobile officially merged with Sprint, and the Sprint brand name and network are now offered through the leading network in the US, the T-Mobile network. However, Sprint used an older network technology, the 3G CDMA network; thus, Sprint replacement phones will be those using the CDMA network. If your cell phone gets lost or stolen, you can call Sprint Customer Service at 1-888-211-4727 and report the incident.
Moreover, explain what happened after you’ve lost your cell phone and request to have service to your old phone canceled immediately. You can also ask about phone insurance and if your phone insurance policy handles the loss of a phone. If not, you can proceed to sprint deals for existing customers and check out the list of the most popular CDMA-only phones that will work on newer networks and are worthy of a replacement.
Most importantly, if you notice that your cell phone is missing or stolen, immediately reach out directly to Sprint customer support and explain what happened. This move will allow Sprint to suspend your service, so if a third party finds your phone or has stolen it, they won’t use it. Also, Sprint will assist with placing a replacement order through the phone to receive a new device mailed to you.
How Do You Report A Lost or Stolen Device?
If your mobile device gets lost or stolen, you need to sign in to Sprint and report it immediately.
There are two methods to report your device as lost.
i) Through online:
- Sign in to MySprint.
- Click on the type of device you want to report.
- Click on Options.
- Choose Report a lost/stolen device and follow the steps. It may last up to 30 minutes for updates to appear.
ii) Through Chatbox
You can also report it by using the chat icon found on this carrier website page. A representative will respond to your text message through the chatbox and guide you on the steps to take towards getting a new replacement device.
Best Sprint Cell Phones
Sprint provides a diverse range of cell phones from top brands such as Apple, HTC, Motorola, Blackberry, Samsung, LG, and more. However, you don’t have to dry your pockets to get t-mobile deals for sprint customers; you can visit a Sprint store to have a great device. There are multiple tactics to save money regarding your wireless service.
Sprint avails its deals in a big way during the holiday shopping season with its pre-Black Friday, Cyber Week, and Black Friday sales events. This period is ideal for upgrading your phone to the latest device if you’re already on the Sprint network.
Getting A Replacement Sprint Phone Online
You can get a replacement phone due to damage, loss, or theft. If your phone gets covered by total equipment protection or you qualify for the equipment replacement program, you can log in online to the Sprints website and submit a claim to receive a replacement phone. Notably, if you get approved for a replacement, there will be a non-deductible fee depending on the phone you have.
As of November 1, 2021, T-Mobile’s device protection plan issued by Assurant, Protection<360>® (P<360>) received an upgrade, and now Sprint customers can get it too. However, depending on the device type and extent of damage, your mobile may get repaired at a T-Mobile Repair Center.
Without Protection<360>, you will be liable for paying the total retail cost for the repair. An effort will be made to replace your device with the exact model. Here is a helpful guide on the sprint free cell phone no deposit no activation fee for your replacement device.
The Protection <360> Includes These Excellent Benefits That Include:
- A Walk-in $29 screen-only repair for qualified devices is available at new authorized repair centers, such as T-Mobile store locations.
- Walk-in repair for authorized devices.
- Unlimited screen protector replacement.
- Five total claims (up from three) in any successive 12-month period, depending on the first date of repair or replacement for theft, loss, and accidental damage.
- Loss and theft coverage, plus Accidental damage, includes next-business-day replacements.
- Hardware service (mechanical breakdown) coverage on unlimited claim limit.
- Unlimited screen protector replacement; when it breaks, receive a new one.
- JUMP Upgrades. It gives the latest and most fantastic device sooner.
- The Protection<360> app by Assurant (formerly known as TechPHD by Assurant) access live tech support for your connected devices.
- True Key premium password management for removing passwords and keeping your accounts safe.
- McAfee Security for T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection helps guard your identity on up to 10 devices.
If you’ve automatically subscribed to Protection <360>, you’ll enjoy these premium benefits in your plan at no extra cost. However, after your previous mobile protection plan expiry, you can enroll in the new device protection program to continue coverage. You can call 888-211-4727 or walk in a T-Mobile retail store. Perhaps, coverage is optional, and if you decide you don’t require device protection, you don’t need any further action.
Filing an Asurion Sprint Phone Insurance Claim
Sprint Complete is an insurance policy provided as a joint venture between Sprint and insurance provider Asurion. However, to file a claim, proceed to Phoneclaim.com and follow the prompts.
You can also forward a claim using the Sprint Complete app or with a live customer service agent on the Sprint website. Alternatively, if you are not enrolled in an insurance plan, you will get directed to decide whether to replace or repair your smartphone through third-party repair service.
How Does Sprint Complete Work?
Sprint Complete operates similarly to other competing mobile phone insurance plans but provides some key benefits that include:
i) Coverage for Loss and Theft
One of the main reasons consumers enroll for smartphone insurance is to get coverage in sudden theft or loss. Sprint Complete will offer a replacement for a stolen or lost device, though a fee is involved. Besides, the cost will differ based on your plan and the phone model you want to replace. Notably, the replacement cellphone will most likely be a refurbished model.
ii) Coverage for Accidental Damage
Sprint Complete provides coverage as a result of accidental damage. This damage includes occurrences due to accidental drops onto the pavement or into a mass of water. Sprint Complete also enables coverage due to everyday use, mechanical failure, and damages resulting from a manufacturing malfunction. You need to read the fine prints of the contract as the protection plans can vary.
iii) Troubleshooting Issues
Sprint Complete provides several tools to assist customers in troubleshooting potential risks with their mobile phones. The service offers many troubleshooting and repair guidelines, allowing customers to speak to a live customer representative for assistance.
However, to access a live technical support team, you will require the Sprint Complete app on your phone. Then, open it up and tap on “Connect with a Tech Expert” to get started. The technicians can even start the replacement or repair process if necessary.
iv) Device Optimization
The Sprint Complete app also contains some device optimization services, like software that scans your emails for corrupted files and a tool that operates to extend your device’s battery life. The app can also assist customers in activating a new phone when necessary.
How to Activate Sprint Replacement Phone
- Proceed to Sprint’s Activate page at Sprint activate in a computer web browser, and never use your phone’s web browser for the process.
- Tap Sign in to activate and go to the yellow button at the end of the page.
- Next, put your Sprint username and password, respectively, into the “Username” and “Password” text boxes.
- Click Submit, and find the box below the “Password” text box to open the Sprint Account page.
- Scroll down and locate the cell phone you wish to replace in the “About my devices” section of the Your Account tab.
- Click the “Manage this device” drop-down box located at the right side of the phone you wish to replace, then tap for a drop-down menu to appear.
- Afterward, click Activate a new phone option on the drop-down menu. Input the new phone’s serial number on the phone’s box or in the phone’s manual or receive prompted to choose the new phone if you purchased it from Sprint but didn’t have it activated in-store.
- Follow the on-screen activation instructions. Enter your SIM card’s ICCID based on the phone and SIM card options. Follow any prompts to the “Activation” page as Sprint will direct while the phone gets activated.
- If activating a different phone apart from those listed on the right side of the page, click the enter new device link below the “New device to activate” heading. Input the IMEI or MEID digits in the phone’s manual or box, and follow instructions from there.
Activating the cell phone will take up to two minutes, and once the phone is activated, you may switch it on to follow the on-screen prompts to add the account and configure WiFi and any other settings. After that, enjoy the best services of your new Sprint Phone!
If your cell phone gets lost or stolen, the first action is to call Sprint and report the incident. In this case, your device will get suspended to avoid any unauthorized use of your remaining balance. However, Sprint gives you a replacement depending on whether you enrolled in their device insurance plans.
However, with the Sprint replacement phones, you’ll get maybe a new or refurbished device or a comparable model. If your device gets damaged or lost and found later, you can avoid non-return fees by returning your mobile device.