MetroPCS is an American telecommunication service provider owned by T-Mobiles, and Metro customers enjoy excellent services and access to T-Mobile’s nationwide 5G network. However, you can bring your own phone MetroPCS and experience dependable and affordable services on a significant network. Additionally, if you possess a primary phone with calling and texting functionalities, you can change SIM cards between MetroPCS cell Phones.
On the other hand, Metro participates in the MetroPCS Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides monthly payment cell phone services to qualified customers. Customers can come with their own phone to MetroPCS or purchase a device from this carrier for an additional monthly charge. You may have to contact MetroPCS to understand their requirements for switching devices and the available plans after the switch.
Moreover, MetroPCS is a wireless provider that provides unlimited text, talk, and data without contracts. You can switch SIM cards using different cell phones if you have a MetroPCS account. However, this program applies if your phone is unlocked and compatible with the other device. You can find more information on their website. This carrier name has changed and its currently referred to as Metro by T-Mobile.
MetroPCS Bring Your Own Phone SIM Kit
You can use the MetroPCS BYOD SIM card to conveniently transfer your device over to the mobile network of your choice. This kit has everything you require to transfer your cell phone to a new account in just a few straightforward steps. The universal starter SIM kit comes packed with a nano-SIM card, a micro-SIM card adapter, and a standard SIM card adapter. This way, you can easily ensure the MetroPCS SIM card is compatible with your mobile device.
Though it has become an everyday norm, not every customer enjoys frequent upgrades to the newest popular cell phone. For this reason, the BYOP SIM card starter kit gives you the freedom to switch from your current carrier without having to leave behind the phone you have. Nowadays, you don’t have to get stuck with the company that the cell phone is currently with. The bring your own phone MetroPCS SIM Card allows you to move to a company best for your needs and provides a smooth transition.
Process To Keep Your Phone Number When You Switch
In MetroPCS, you can keep your phone and your number provided you have a Metro Universal SIM card kit, and you have one of the MetroPCS compatible phones. You can enjoy the benefits of your cell phone and all the data, talk, and text you need with plans starting at $30 per month. For this procedure to work, you must:
i) Ensure your phone is unlocked and compatible
You must contact your current carrier to ensure your phone is unlocked and ready to use with MetroPCS services. Then, ascertain your phone is compatible. When bring your own phone MetroPCS, you’ll need to find your IMEI number through a few steps as below:
- Dial *#06# on your phone
- Find at the label under your battery
- Check your phone’s settings menu
ii) Get a Metro SIM Card
Once your phone is unlocked and you’ve confirmed that it’s compatible, purchase a Metro SIM card.
iii) Make the Switch to Metro
After you have your SIM card, you can activate it online and choose the right plan for you. You can visit the official website of MetroPCS and check available MetroPCS plans for your device. Then, select the best that suits your needs.
Ways To Activate MetroPCS For Free On Phone
There are two circumstances requiring you to activate MetroPCS on your phone.
- When you purchase a new SIM, and you don’t have an account
- When you already own an account and SIM but you’ve purchased a new device
1) Create a New Account and Activate MetroPCS for free
There are four different methods to activate MetroPCS and sign up for a new account. However, you would require your cell phone and a new SIM card. When activating using the website, another phone, or PC, you can opt for any of the below ways to activate your new account.
2) Call 188-863-8768
- Call 188-863-8768 using another mobile, not from the device you want to activate.
- A customer care representative will come on the line and get all the necessary information, such as your name address.
- You should also give the ESN or MEID number of the cell phone you want to activate.
- A customer representative will guide you through reactivating. Follow the given instructions carefully to complete the process.
3) Dial 228
- You can dial 228 on the phone in which you are activating
- Provide an eight-digit code of your choice, name, and address when prompted by the system.
- Your mobile will get programmed, and it will set up an account.
- The account activates only after settling your first bill.
4) Using MetroPCS Website
- Proceed to the MetroPCS website
- Then, tap on the Online Activation Tools option on the New Accounts only.
- Tap on Activate.
- On-screen instructions will appear. Follow them and give the necessary information like name, address, security info, etc.
- Additionally, you must provide the details about the cell phone you want to activate, like the serial or model number.
Switching SIM Cards Between MetroPCS Phones
- You must contact MetroPCS customer service and ask for a SIM card swap.
- Fill out the form and resend it using email or fax.
- Avail your phone number, account PIN, and last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- After you get confirmation from MetroPCS that the process is successful, input a new SIM card into the old phone.
- Switch off the old MetroPCS phone and turn on a new one using the same carrier.
- Submit the account information for the new SIM card in the settings menu on both phones.
Does MetroPCS Charge To Switch Phones
MetroPCS is a prepaid plan provider that uses T-Mobile’s network and provides a diverse selection of prepaid cell phones. However, they offer some discounts online, but their most amazing deals, including MetroPCS phone deals for existing customers, are available in their stores. Initially, MetroPCS had a $15 fee, which later was increased to $20 back in 2020 if customers switch their devices.
Precisely, this fee depends on the type of switching. For instance, if you already have a MetroPCS SIM card and decide to utilize it with your current device, you will not pay that fee. Thus, you must ensure that the phone you plan to bring is compatible (check compatibility) in advance.
If so, you insert your Metro SIM card in it and start using it. On the other hand, when you are switching to a new MetroPCS phone, the available deal will rule out whether you will pay the $20 fee or not. It’s advisable to check that in advance from the support team.
MetroPCS Free Phones
Are you looking for a free cell phone with no 24-month commitment, Metro by T-Mobile is your best choice right now. Want to get the latest device. You can check on the MetroPCS phone upgrade. In this case, new or current MetroPCS customers with qualifying requirements such as new activations, add-a-lines, or upgrades with a device purchase qualify to trade in their mobile phones.
Moreover, this carrier offers your favorite out of one of three free 5G phones available right now when you switch. The latest selection of free devices includes:
- Motorola Moto One 5G Ace
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G
To acquire this deal, you’ll have to buy the cellphone and activate it on the $60 monthly plan. When you buy and activate a Samsung phone, you’ll receive an instant credit off the total retail price. For Motorola phones, you’ll require to trade in an eligible device before getting a rebate.
For bring your own phone (BYOP) to MetroPCS, you can come with a phone from any other carrier, provided the device is unlocked and compatible with MetroPCS service. On the other hand, you can take your unlocked MetroPCS phone and transfer it to use with many other carriers, as long as the other carrier offers their BYOP option. Whether you are bringing your phone to MetroPCS, or you want to take your MetroPCS to another carrier, you must check your MetroPCS phone’s compatibility.