Assurance Wireless is a lifeline program provider that operates under Virgin Mobile, and its services are present in 40 states plus the District of Colombia. However, this wireless carrier plays a role in the federal government-funded program to offer lifeline services to low-income households. In every low-income family, only one member gets supplied with a phone. Thus, if you lose the issued cell phone, the assurance wireless lost phone policy allows you to request a replacement.
Moreover, Assurance Wireless services get supported by the federal Universal Service Fund and are limited to eligible customers living in selected geographic areas, plus, are non-transferable. Thus, Assurance Wireless service is not available in all states and varies from one state to another. The Assurance Wireless replacement phone is applicable in the event when your phone gets lost, stolen, or broken. The replacement device usually comes at no cost at all or with a small fee.
Most importantly, when you suspect that your phone has been lost, the first step to take is trying to track back your movements. The Assurance lost phone may just get misplaced around your home. Anyway, if you are sure that your device is lost or stolen, you need to report to customer support through a phone call and request them to suspend your service. Afterward, you can proceed and apply for your replacement phone.
How Do You Qualify For Assurance Wireless?
Not everyone is eligible for free cell phone service from Assurance Wireless. The assistance for the Lifeline program gets issued based on your gross family income. If your income lies at or below 135%, which is the US Poverty Guidelines, you are most likely to qualify for a free phone and service.
On the other hand, you may also qualify if you are a beneficiary from programs such as SNAP Medicaid, SSI, Section 8 Housing, Free lunch Program, and others. You need to confirm with your state to check which benefit program makes you eligible.
You can apply online on the company’s website, Or you can call customer services to help you with the application steps. Finally, you can also download, print and mail, or fax your application.
To enroll for an Assurance phone, you must be qualified for the Lifeline program. The following represents some information concerning the Lifeline program.
- The Lifeline Program refers to a government program that provides discounts on phone services or gives utterly free cell phone plans and a free phone.
- The Lifeline Assistance Program allows low-income citizens to access basic wireless or landline services.
- Lifeline discount applies to landline or wireless phone service, not both.
- Only one member qualifies for a Lifeline account per household.
- If you participate in the recommended government assistance programs, you’re eligible.
- You must present proof of program participation or a guarantee of income for you to enroll in lifeline services.
- Unemployed persons can use their unemployment Benefit Letter to prove eligibility.
- Eligibility and phone plans vary by state, plus, Lifeline benefits are non-transferable.
What Kind Of Phones Does Assurance Wireless Offer To Customers?
The new customers who join Assurance Wireless receive new Assurance wireless compatible phones. However, the replacement phone may come as new or refurbished for lost, stolen, or broken devices. Either way, the cell phone you get will be in good condition. Besides, to replace your phone, you must be able to ascertain the phone’s date of purchase and have a receipt.
Additionally, all new devices purchased from the Assurance Wireless website come with a one-year manufacturer warranty starting from the original date of sale. The policy explains that you can get a new one within the first year if you receive a defective device.
Also, the warranty can only get exercised by the owner and is in no circumstances transferrable. On the other hand, all refurbished devices purchased from the company’s website come with a 60-day warranty starting from the original sale date.
The conditions for a warranty claim include the following;
- Your warranty only takes care of defects in materials or quality. It does not include defects resulting from damage or normal wear-and-tear or aging.
- The warranty handles software-related issues, camera defects, unresponsive keys, dead pixels, etc.
- The warranty does not cover diminishing battery life, scratches, accidental damages, coverage issues, software incompatibility, or problems with 3rd-party apps.
- Visible physical damage to your cell phone (e.g., liquid damage, cracked LCD, damaged housing) will void its warranty.
How Do You Apply For a Replacement
Visit Assurance Wireless Mobile’s website, complete the application form with the relevant information, and put your zip code. Once you fill up all the requirements, forward your filled form to Assurance Wireless through email or fax, or you may also reach the support team on the phone.
The replacement device may be new or refurbished, but whichever the case, it will be in good condition. When phones get shipped to Assurance Wireless service, they are inspected and updated with the latest software. If they have any scratches, they are cosmetically upgraded and come with a warranty.
Notably, your replacement phone should get shipped within 24 hours, meaning that you will get it in a few hours. However, your order will be on hold 24 hours to give you time to look for your lost or stolen phone. Additionally, you may cancel your order within 24 hours, and if you don’t, your new replacement device will get shipped on the next business day.
The most basic phones available in Assurance Wireless include;
- Jitterbug Smart 2
- Coolpad Avail
- ANS Wiko Life
- Unimax U673c
- ZTE Prestige 2
- ZTE Tempo X
- Kyocera DuraForce
- Kyocera Hydro Reach
- LG Optimus F3
- Alcatel OneTouch Retro
Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone Activation
If your phone becomes non-functional after the first year, you will likely have to finance the repair or buy a replacement phone; however, the activation procedure is generally the same whether Assurance Wireless new phone and replacement phone. To activate your Assurance Wireless replacement device, you will have to follow the steps below.
- Touch the Power button to switch off your phone. Allow hands-free activation to connect the phone to the Assurance Wireless network and enable the device to check for updates. The phone will switch off.
- Switch the device back on, and once you do so, it may request you to customize your phone. You may have to skip the setup screen and first complete step 3.
- Dial 611 and follow the listed instructions.
- Sometime during the activation process, you will need to submit your Assurance Wireless account PIN, which is found at the top of the Assurance Wireless approval letter. Once you do, submit it.
This process will activate your replacement phone, plus your phone number and account balance will get transferred to the phone. Enable your phone to complete all the updates. In circumstances when you have any trouble activating the phone, you can contact Assurance Wireless customer support using another phone on 1-888-321-5880.
Assurance Wireless Lifeline Plans
The free Assurance Wireless services include 2GB of data, unlimited text messaging, and 350 talk minutes, all free and monthly. However, all new and existing customers receive unlimited minutes, texts, and data.
Moreover, 10GB of free hotspot data get also added to your service. This plan is known as the Assurance Wireless Unlimited and gets offered as a combination of a regular Lifeline plan with government-approved Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).
Nevertheless, Assurance Wireless has a basic Lifeline plan for subscribers from all states (where it is available) except California. For California subscribers, the company’s Lifeline program offers a free-of-charge smartphone or conventional mobile handset in addition to free 1,000 airtime minutes every month plus unlimited texts, free voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, 911 access, 211 calls. Also, you receive 4.5GB of data at no cost to utilize your brand new Android smartphone to total satisfaction.
In California, all new customers of Assurance Wireless California Lifeline get a free government Android smartphone in addition to unlimited texting and talking plus 6GB of high-speed 3G mobile data per month. This free government phone provider has introduced a unique name for its Lifeline California subsidiary, which calls its plan the California Freedom Plan.
Apart from replacing your phone when it gets lost, you may also choose to replace your phone simply because it is outdated and old. Newer phones are hitting the market daily that comes with more unique and more advanced features.
However, other common signs that it may be the right time to replace your cell phone include trouble updating the operating system, limited storage amount, slow performance, a bad camera, or problem charging the device, among others.