Qlink Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator contracted under T-Mobile. It provides free wireless services to eligible customers for the lifeline assist program in the United States. Funded through the Universal Service Fund, Qlink wireless assists low-income families eligible for the service in every territory, state, commonwealth, and Tribal lands. Lifeline is a free government program that offers free cell phone services to qualified customers. You may probably be wondering what phones are compatible with Qlink? Here is what we have.
Right before we get to answer your question, did you know that qualifying customers get to enjoy free monthly data, unlimited texting, and minutes from Qlink? It is ranked as one of the largest market players; this mobile service provider also provides free smartphones. To apply for the service, you can visit the Qlink wireless webpage, send a mail or fax the filled-out application form with the relevant documents attached.
It would be best to note that the service is available to citizens that meet the eligibility requirements. Americans who are currently enrolled in any government benefit programs that meet the qualifications set and standardized by FCC, such as Medicaid, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), and Supplemental Security Income, are the most common programs are listed.
In this article, you will learn the perks that you get to enjoy if you qualify for the Qlink Wireless service, compatible carriers, compatible phones, and so much more that you need to know about Qlink. Read through to find out these and more.
What are carriers compatible with Qlink?
Qlink is a wireless Mobile Virtual Network Operator that is contracted under T-Mobile. It relies on the network provider for the network towers.
For the 3G-based phones, Qlink cell phones do not come with SIM cards. The phones also do not require SIM cards on the wireless network that Qlink wireless uses. This implies that Qlink telephones are limited to 3G CDMA networks.
If the phone does not operate using a SIM card, you cannot use it on the GSM network. Once it is unlocked, you may use your Qlink phone on other networks such as Verizon, T-Mobile, and US Cellular.
How do I upgrade my Qlink wireless phone?
We all want to be up to date with the latest features when it comes to mobile devices. This should not be an issue anymore; whether you are an existing or new Qlink wireless customer, upgrading is not so much of a mountainous task. If you had signed up for a free government phone, you are given an essential phone depending on what is available at the time. You can always upgrade to the newest model phones available as you are not restricted to keeping the original phone.
Qlink wireless phone upgrade is now straightforward since all you need to do is contact Qlink Wireless customer cares to help you get them via their email, [email protected]. Make sure you put your phone number, name, and enrollment ID in the subject option if you are an existing customer. This process demands a minimum cost.
For new customers, you get to qualify after 90 days after the purchase of the phone. You can also upgrade, but you must pay full money for the new phone, unlike in existing customers.
Why should I upgrade my Qlink Phone?
Qlink wireless upgrade offers an assortment of plans to browse. They also provide minimal effort prepaid remote PDA administration similar to moderate landline plans. You no longer have to worry over a month-to-month bill, credit checks, overcharges, or contracts anymore.
The upgrade also comes with a free wireless phone service for its users. A phone upgrade will provide you with a better, faster, and more effective phone.
The program lets you experience up to 1000 minutes to set up appointments, call your loved ones, and all you can imagine with all these minutes at your disposal. Besides the minutes, you are also given 1GB of monthly data to browse, send emails, scroll through social media, and so much more.
The WiFi can download music, videos, photos, stream movies, or some bit of gaming for the gamers in the house. You also get unlimited text messages; you do not have to worry about contacting your friends or family if you run out of minutes or the monthly data.
How do I find out if my phone is compatible with Qlink?
There is so much more than Qlink has for you. Qlink wireless offers the Bring Your Phone option, which allows you to continue using the mobile phone that you were using before without necessarily having to buy a new device from them. Your device has to be compatible with Qlink for this to work. Here is how you can find out if your device is compatible with Qlink.
Checking your phone’s compatibility is relatively easy as all you need to do is enter the phone’s IMEI/ESN/MEID. This lets you know immediately whether your phone is compatible with joining Qlink wireless or not.
The IMEI/ESN/MEID is found in both android and iPhone phones. It can easily be seen by:
- Dial *#06# and the IMEI/MEID/ESN appear on your screen immediately.
- Go to Settings, tap General, tap About, then scroll down and locate the IMEI/ESN/MEID number for iPhone users, while for Android users, go to settings, tap about the phone, tap status, then scroll down and locate the IMEI/ESN/MEID number.
- Lastly, you may insert a sim eject tool to the hole beside the tray, eject the tray, then view the IMEI number on the sim card tray or remove the back cover and battery for the phone’s removable battery and view the number located at the back.
The other option you may use to check your phone’s compatibility is to go through the full list of the most commonly-compatible devices.
What are the Qlink Compatible Phones Replacement Terms?
If you are interested in the Qlink wireless BYOP option, then here is what you need to know:
- You are responsible for ensuring that your phone is unlocked, compatible with Qlink wireless, and complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules set by the Qlink Wireless service.
- Ensure that your phone meets all federal laws and standards,
- You are responsible for the purchase and maintenance of any additional software or hardware required to use with the service.
- The mobile phone must not be reported lost or stolen and must not be associated with fraudulent activity.
How to Get my Qlink Compatible Phone Replaced?
Qlink replaces any phone that does not work with a brand new phone within 14 days of delivery. This is commonly known as the 14-Day Qlink Return Guarantee. This return policy does not cater to cosmetic defects or scratches.
How to replace your phone:
- Call customer support at 1 855-754-6543 and request an RMA(Return Authorization Number).
- Write the RMA number on the prepaid shipping label that can be downloaded at the Qlink Website. Label and tape it to the original box.
- Place the phone you want to be replaced inside the original box, seal it with tape, and ship it back to Qlink at no cost.
If you lost your phone, you need to contact your cellphone provider to deactivate the phone at absolutely no cost. When getting Qlink wireless for your phone replacement, you need to have details of your phone provider’s name, your phone’s serial number, and your phone number. This information is very crucial to help in your replacement process.
Can I put my Qlink SIM card on another phone?
As long as the phone is compatible with Qlink wireless, you can always switch your sim card. All you need to do is to confirm the compatibility of your device.
Do I get a free phone with Qlink wireless?
If you are eligible for a Qlink wireless free government phone and meet the qualification requirements, then you can get your free phone. Here are some of the requirements:
- Your phone must not be under any contract.
- If you were applying for Boost or Virgin mobile, ensure that it is active on the precise prepaid account for a minimum of one year to be eligible.
- If you were using Sprint before, be sure to meet all your pre-agreed financial and contractual responsibilities to qualify.
Qlink compatible phone list
Here is a list of some of the phones that are compatible with Qlink:
- Samsung Galaxy A71
- Moto Z4.
- New Apple iPhone 12
- Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Motorola One Action.
- Apple iPhone 6S.
- Moto E.
- HTC Desire 626
- Alcatel One Touch Elevate.
- Blackberry Curve 9900 and so many more.
Qlink offers ranked as one of the best lifeline service providers. With very affordable plans, you can now easily switch to Qlink. You need to confirm if the network coverage is available in your area before switching. Having all these in mind, kick start your journey to changing to Q-Link.