A virtual connection has become the order of the day. People have embraced the need for high-quality smartphones in schools, businesses, hospitals, and other fields that depend on technology. However, low-income households may need help to afford the luxury of purchasing a phone. This is why the government has established programs offering free phones, including free Samsung S9 government phones, to mitigate the digital divide issue.
Moreover, the programs that allow you to have a discount on internet and phone services include Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Lifeline Assistance Program. However, it would be best to meet the required provisions by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to qualify. Eligibility to get a free galaxy S9 government phone includes income-based and government subsidy program participation. Unfortunately, these programs only allow one member per household to benefit from a free Samsung S9 government phone.
You must provide eligibility documents to apply for a free Samsung S9 government phone. These documents will depend on the qualification criteria, including income and program participation eligibility, identity, and address, which we will discuss later in this article. You must enroll in a service provider offering a free government Samsung S9 phone via ACP and Lifeline program benefits. Let’s get into deep details on how to get a free Samsung S9 government phone.
Which Programs Offer a Free Samsung S9 Government Phone
Eligible low-income households can get a free Samsung S9 government phone from any of the following programs:
- Lifeline Assistance Program
Lifeline is a long-time Federal government program that provides discounts on free phones and internet to eligible low-income households. The monthly discount gets applied to phone and internet services. Moreover, you will also get a free S9 government phone. The monthly discount on the internet is $9.25, and if you qualify based on tribal lands, you will get a monthly discount of $34.25.
- Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP)
Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) is a permanent newly launched Federal government program during the Covid Pandemic. If eligible, you can enjoy a free Samsung government phone and discounted internet services through ACP. The FCC funds service providers to provide eligible consumers with connected devices, such as smartphones, with ACP benefits. The monthly broadband discount through ACP is $30, but if you qualify through tribal lands, your monthly discount is $75.
Who Is Eligible For a Free Samsung Government Phone
You are eligible for a free Samsung S9 government phone if you satisfy the income and participation criteria as discussed below:
Qualification Based On Income
- For Lifeline, you are eligible for a free Samsung S9 government phone if your annual income equals 135% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Additionally, to qualify for a free Samsung S9 government phone with ACP, your annual income should be 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Qualification Based On Participation
You are eligible for a free Samsung S9 phone if you participate in any of these federal and tribal programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/ Section 8
- WIC ( Women, Infants, and Children) program
- National school lunch program
- A recipient of the federal Pell Grant in the present award year
- Tribal Programs include:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families-Tribal TANF
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Documents Required For Free Samsung S9 Smartphone
You must provide documents to verify your eligibility for a free government S9 phone through Lifeline and ACP. The documents vary depending on your qualification criterion. Moreover, you will verify your identity and address since the device will be shipped to your location. These documents are as detailed below:
- Income eligibility proof documents for a free Samsung S government phone include a divorce decree or child support award, a paycheck stub/ current statement of income from your employer, a pension benefits document, a recent annual state, tribal, or federal tax return document, a social security benefits statement, a veteran administration benefits statement and a workmen’s / unemployment compensation statement of benefits.
- Proof documents for a free Samsung S9 government smartphone based on participation include an approval letter, a benefits verification letter, a statement of benefits, a school documentation document, and a benefit award letter.
- To validate your identity while applying for a free galaxy S9 government phone, you will provide any of these documents: a birth certificate/passport, a valid government, Tribal, state, or military ID, a valid US driver’s license, a green card/ permanent resident card and a US Naturalization Certificate or US citizenship document.
- To verify your address during the free government galaxy S9 phone application, you will provide any documents: a lease agreement, a utility bill, and a mortgage statement.
How To Apply For a Free Samsung S9 Government Phones
You can apply for a free Samsung S9 government phone through the following ways:
- Application through A Service Provider
To apply for a free Samsung S9 government phone via a service provider, you first ensure eligibility. Then you will locate a provider in your area who offers a free government phone galaxy S9 based on the program you are qualified for. Then visit the company’s official website and enter your zip code to start the application process. You should complete the application documents per the instructions and attach the required legal document before submitting.
- Online Application
You will visit the national verifier to apply for a free galaxy S9 government phone online. On this page, you will locate “Apply Now” and click on it. Then you will carefully fill out the application form and attach clear copies of eligibility proof documents for a free Samsung S9 government phone. Ensure you proofread the document before submission.
- Mail Application
For this free government Samsung galaxy s9 application method, you will visit the national verifier website, download and print out the enrollment form. Then fill out the application form for a Samsung galaxy s9 plus free government phone. You will attach eligibility proof documents and ensure they are clear and valid. Then mail the documents to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 9100
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
For Lifeline assistance:
Lifeline Support Center
PO Box 9100
Wilkes-Barre, PA 1877
Best Service Providers For Free Samsung Galaxy S9 Government Phone
You can apply for a free galaxy s9 plus government phone through a service provider in your area. The best service providers for free Samsung S9 government phones are listed below:
- Safetynet wireless
- AirTalk wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Cintex wireless
- Access Wireless
- Life Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- EnTouch Wireless
Review Of Free galaxy S9 Government Phone
This device has an expandable storage of 4GB RAM and 128GB and 256 GB internal storage options that enable storing large files. Moreover, the free galaxy S9 government phone produces quality sounds suitable for audiophiles through stereo loudspeakers. This free smartphone also has a non-removable battery capacity of Li-Ion 3000 mAh, and with limited usage, it can last for a day on a single charge.
Again, you can comfortably use it with one hand thanks to its 5.8-inch display. This device has high-performance thanks to its powerful chipset of Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 and Android 8.0 operating system, which can be upgraded to Android 10. The camera features of the free Samsung S9 government phone consist of a single primary camera of 12 MP with f/1.5-2.4 and a front camera of 8 MP with f/1.7 that capture beautiful scenes and moments.
- Great OLED display
- Easily portable and lightweight
- Premium water-resistant design
- High-quality audio
- Fast performance chipset and OS
- Mediocre battery life
Low-income households can be connected virtually thanks to the free Samsung S9 government phone. This device is accessed through government-aided programs Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). However, you must be eligible based on income and participation criteria and provide the required documents that prove eligibility. You can apply through a service provider, national verifier, or ACP and Lifeline mailing addresses.