Samsung is a renowned phone manufacturer that produces top-notch high-quality phone brands around the globe. However, this company may not offer free mobile devices directly, but eligible low-income households can conveniently get free Samsung government phones through Federal U.S. government programs. Through Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can apply for free phones and monthly services through a participating wireless provider.
First, to apply for a free Samsung government phone from a Lifeline/ACP participating provider, you must ensure that you qualify for the Lifeline and ACP program following the set eligibility criteria. Then, you must prove your eligibility by submitting proof documentation showing you qualify through participation in a government program or based on your income level according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines stipulations.
Most importantly, not all providers participating in the Lifeline and the ACP offer Samsung devices in the free government smartphone program. Thus, you must identify a Lifeline/ACP provider that offers free Samsung government phones in your state. After identifying a provider who offers Samsung smartphones, you can proceed and apply for their program and free mobile device. If your application gets a nod, you will receive your benefits within a short time.
About Lifeline and ACP Samsung Free Government Phone
Generally, you can only receive a free Samsung government phone or any other free government cell phone through the Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) federal government programs. Lifeline is a government program created in the 1980s to render communication services cheaper for low-income people. However, this program provides qualifying customers a free cell phone and a discount on monthly internet services of up to $9.25 (or $34.25 for qualifying Tribal households).
On the other hand, the ACP is a newly launched government assistance program that provides discounts on monthly internet services and connected devices. The participating providers offer eligible low-income households an Android, iPhone, or a one-time discount of up to $100 on purchasing laptops, tablets, or desktop computers. In this case, you must pay a mandatory co-pay of between $10 and $50 to get this discount.
Wireless providers participating in both programs may provide cell phones of higher quality and more recent models, depending on availability, such as free Samsung government phones. To qualify for Lifeline or ACP, you must have least 18 years old and meet at least one of the FCC-eligibility criteria described for each government program.
How To Qualify For Lifeline Program
You qualify for Lifeline under two criteria: one, through participation in a government-aided program or your income. However, if you’re not a member of government programs, you’ll have to prove that your gross annual income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The government programs include:
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal
- SNAP / CalFresh / Food Stamps
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal specific programs, such as Tribal TANF, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
Who Qualifies For The Affordable Connectivity Program
A household qualifies for ACP if a member of the household attains at least one of the below criteria:
- Has an annual income that is equal to or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in Lifeline assistance programs, including SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Lifeline;
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Attains the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
- A recipient approved for benefits under the school breakfast program or the free and reduced-price school lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 academic year;
What Benefits Does Lifeline and ACP Offer
The list of benefits you can expect after qualifying for Lifeline and ACP depends on your selected provider. In general, you can expect to get the following as part of Lifeline and ACP benefits:
i) Lifeline Benefits
A free cell phone or monthly internet service of up to $9.25 or $34.25 for qualifying tribal low-income families. The free or discounted wireless services mainly include:
- A specified amount of monthly voice minutes (the amount is based on the provider and plan)
- Unlimited texts
- A specified amount of monthly data (the amount is based on the provider and plan)
- A free government phones
ii) ACP Benefits
- A discount on monthly broadband services of up to $30 (or $75 for eligible Tribal low-income households).
- A discount of up to $100 on internet-connected devices such as a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
- A free government smartphone or an iPhone.
How to Apply for a Free Samsung Government Phone
Depending on your eligibility and the participating wireless providers in your state, you can apply for a free Samsung government phone through Lifeline or the ACP program. However, you must observe below simple steps:
- Identify a Lifeline/ACP participating provider that offers free Samsung government phones in your state of residence. Notably, you must live in one of the states where your provider of choice offers its services. Otherwise, you won’t be eligible.
- Then, proceed to the provider’s official website.
- Most providers feature an online application form, which you fill out by giving the required personal information and the relevant documentation that prove your eligibility.
- During the application process, you may have the option to select a plan and even a device model.
- After you apply, the provider will contact you and inform you if or not your application was approved in a few days.
- If your application prospers, you will have your free device package mailed.
Which Free Samsung Government Phone Can You Get From ACP or Lifeline
Most Lifeline and ACP providers do not tell which cell phone models and brands they provide in advance. However, their phone model depends on your state and their inventory.
Most providers offer mid-range Android smartphones, meaning there is a likelihood you could receive a Samsung model. In most cases, you can expect to get one of the following free Samsung government phones through the qualifying cell phone providers:
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy On5
- Samsung Galaxy A01
- Samsung S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy A50
- Samsung A10E
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A20S
- Samsung Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy J3
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Free Samsung Government Cell Phones Providers
The following are the free Samsung government smartphones you can get with the ACP or the Lifeline Assistance program:
- Assist Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
- Infiniti Mobile
- Life Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Sprocket Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Terracom Wireless
- True Wireless etc.
How To Apply For ACP and Lifeline
When applying for your free Samsung government phone, proceed to your Lifeline and ACP provider and apply for the benefits. You require to follow the below simple steps:
- 1st Step- Proceed to a Lifeline and ACP provider, then look for the “Apply” button.
- 2nd Step- Submit your Zipcode, then choose your plans (Lifeline Program, ACP, or a combination of Lifeline and ACP).
- 3rd Step- Submit your personal information and attach documentation to confirm your eligibility.
What Documentation Is Needed To Apply For ACP and Lifeline
After applying for ACP or Lifeline benefits, you will get directed to the government’s website, which enables you to submit your proof. However, to ensure a smooth enrollment process, you need to provide one item from each section below:
1) Proof of Identification
- Driver’s License or Passport (unexpired)
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship
- Permanent Resident or Resident Alien Card (unexpired)
- Foreign Passport
2) Proof of Address
- Driver’s License, Government, State, or Tribal Issued ID (unexpired)
- Current Income Statement, Paycheck Stub, or W2
- Utility Bill
- Statement of Benefits from an Eligible Program, Which Bears Name And Address
- Current Mortgage or Lease Statements
3) Proof of Government Program Participation
- Current or previous year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying federal, state, or Tribal program
- Notice letter of participation in an eligible state, federal or Tribal Program
- Program participation certificates
- Another official document showing the consumer’s participation in a qualifying federal, state, or Tribal Program
4) Low-Income Level Proof
- Unemployment Documentation (notice of unemployment benefit payment or notice of successfully submitted application for unemployment benefits)
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement.
- Divorce decree or child support document.
- Copy of last year’s State or Federal income tax return.
- Three consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs.
- Social Security benefits statement. Veterans Administration benefits statement.
- Unemployment/Workers’ Compensation benefits statement.
Free Samsung government phones are available from some companies eligible for ACP or Lifeline. Through Lifeline and ACP US government programs, you can get free cell phones to low-income families through a qualifying wireless provider.
However, the providers don’t indicate the model to give to the qualifying person, but if you qualify for any of these programs, you can receive a free Samsung government phone.
Besides, qualifying individuals from low-income households can get free internet services each month. Only a single free government cell phone is allowed per household.