Access Wireless serves households by providing free cell phones and services for eligible low-income customers through a government-sponsored program. Through the Lifeline program, this carrier provides free phones and internet services to its eligible customers. Access Wireless Lifeline phone benefits ensure that low-income households stay in touch with family, connect to job opportunities, and have a device for emergencies. However, the Lifeline phone program is funded by US Federal Government through participating providers like Access Wireless.
As an eligible customer, you must meet the income and participation criteria to get a Lifeline phone from Access Wireless. It would be convenient if you were a resident in a state where an Access Wireless lifeline phone gets offered. Customers will enjoy unlimited talk text and Access Wireless lifeline phone upon meeting the eligibility requirements. Access Wireless also has to bring your own phone program, which is cost-effective, significantly when you want to upgrade or keep your phone.
For this program, your phone must be compatible with Access wireless network. Eligibility for a lifeline phone requires an annual income of 135% or under the Federal poverty threshold. You also must participate in a government-aided program like the Veteran’s Pension and Survivors Pension Program. You will also be required to provide legal documents to prove Access Wireless lifeline phones eligibility. Stay put to know how to get Access wireless lifeline phone.
Qualifications for Access Wireless Lifeline Phone
You are eligible for a lifeline phone if you meet the following criteria:
- If you have an annual income of 135% or below the federal government guidelines
- If you receive benefits in any of these government-aided programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veteran’s Pension and Survivors Pension Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Section 8 /Federal housing.
- You qualify if you reside in tribal lands and participate in any of the below government-aided programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Income-based Tribal Head start
Legal Documents Needed For Proof Of Eligibility
You will be required to avail of legal documents as proof of identity. These documents include the following:
- A valid government, Tribal, military or state ID.
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Green card
Based on income, you will provide the following documents:
- Social Security Statement of Benefits
- Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefit
- Pension/retirement statement of benefits
- the previous year’s federal, tribal, or state tax return
- Child support award or divorce decree
You must also provide legal documents as proof of participation in government-assisted programs. These documents include the following:
- A benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
How To Apply For Lifeline Program
Follow these steps to apply for the Lifeline phone program
- Visit the National Verifier and confirm your eligibility
- Then fill out your detail on the form
- Attach the required legal documents as discussed above
Ways To Get Access Wireless Free Government Phone Through Lifeline
You can get Access wireless lifeline phone in the following ways:
1. Through Online Application
- Visit Access Wireless’s official website
- Then enter your zip code to get started.
- Then fill out the correct information on the form and attach the required legal documents as discussed above.
- Then go through the document to ensure you provided the correct information before you submit it.
- You will receive a notification on a successful application, and your phone will get mailed to your address.
2. By mailing your application form to Access Wireless
- For this, you will visit Access Wireless’s official website
- Then input your zip code and email address to get started.
- Download the form provided and fill it out with the correct information offline.
- Then attach the required information and proofread the form to ensure the information provided is complete.
- Mail the form along with the attached documents to Access Wireless.
- Upon successful application, You will receive a notification, and your phone will get mailed to you.
3. By Contacting Access Wireless Customer Care
You may opt to call Access wireless customer care agents and be guided on how to apply for Access wireless lifeline phone. You can contact Access wireless agents at 1-888-900-5899.
Access Wireless Application Status Process
It is vital to check your application status because while you wait for a notification, your Access wireless lifeline phone application may have been rejected. To check your Access wireless lifeline application status, follow simple steps.
- Visit access Wireless official website.
- Enter your zip code and email address
- Navigate to “check status” and click on it.
Best Access Wireless Plans That Lifeline Qualifier Get
Access Wireless offers unique plans which are devoid of contact and additional fees. As an eligible customer, you will enjoy 1000 minutes, text, and 4.5 GB of data. Access wireless lifeline phone plan includes caller ID, free voice mail, and call waiting features. Moreover, you will enjoy nationwide coverage regardless of location and international calling at a reduced cost.
How Do I Contact Access Wireless Customer Service Number
One of the convenient ways you can reach out to Access Wireless’s customer service number is by phone. In this case, new Customers can contact this department using 1-888-900-5899. On the other hand, if you’re an existing customer, you can contact 1-866-594-3644 or dial 611 using your Access Wireless phone.
Notably, the customer care support service number hours of operation are as follows:
- From Monday to Saturday, starting from 10 am up to Midnight EST
- Sunday, starting from 10 am to 7 pm EST
Access Wireless lifeline phone is a service offered to low-income families through the Federal Government’s effort to bridge the digital divide. To qualify, you must attain the income and participation criteria for Lifeline Program. As discussed above, you must also provide legal documents as proof of eligibility for access wireless Lifeline phone. You can monitor your application status to know the progress of your application because some applications get rejected.