Assurance Wireless is a federal Universal Service Fund-funded Lifeline Assistance program. The company provides free cellphone services to eligible consumers who live in specific geographic locations. If you qualify, you will enjoy fast downloads via T-Mobile Network coverage.
You must apply for the program to obtain these services, and if your request is accepted, you will receive your phone. Nevertheless, the firm requires you to regularly verify your application on the Assurance Wireless application status. Continue reading to learn more.
To apply for the service, fill out the application form, submit it via email or online, and wait for a response. You can use the registration status tool to track your application progress if your application is approved. The status details offer information that can help you determine when your phone is expected to arrive. To check your status, go to the carrier’s official website, click on my account, then check status, and input your 6-10 digit application identification number and your home ZIP code.
The provider offers low-income customers a free phone, monthly data, unlimited messaging, and free monthly minutes. Users are not billed, are not forced to sign a contract, and you don’t pay activation or ongoing costs. Furthermore, if you run out of free minutes, you may buy 250 more for $5, extra voice minutes for $10 each, or select from any of our low-cost plans. Furthermore, you can receive additional phone plan options ranging from $15 to $40.
Reason To check the status of your assurance wireless application
You must always maintain track of how your application is doing because:
- If the MVNO rejects your request, you will need to reapply or contact customer service to find out why.
- Your request may have been delayed; after completing your registration form. As a result, you may not have received your phone. You should check your status in case of a delay, and you can contact customer care for assistance.
- When your request is received, you may need to know when you will receive your phone.
Check Your Assurance Wireless application status – The Process
As previously said, one of the most critical processes from the application to obtaining your phone is the status check process. Because you could be waiting for a phone call yet not be qualified, or there could be a delay. As a result, once you have applied, you can check the status of your application as follows:
- Go to the Assurance Wireless website.
- On the website home page, click my-account
- From my account option, click check status
- Enter 6 -10 account application ID and your home Zip code
- Check your information, including whether the carrier has approved your request and if your phone has been shipped.
Things To do If Your application not approved on assurance wireless
If your status shows that your application was rejected, you can try to re-apply. You may have made a mistake while applying or are not fully qualified. To apply:
- Check for your eligibility through the federal government verifier website
- If eligible, go to the carrier’s official website
- Enter your Zip code to verify is the service is in your area
- Fill out the application form online or download the document.
- Submit the filled form online through an email and wait for a response from the company.
The company will notify you by email or letter if you are eligible to obtain a free government mobile phone. If all of your paperwork is in order, you should get your phone within 7 to 10 business days.
To certify your qualifications, you must meet the following criteria:
1) You must be a part of the following federal government-approved programs:
- The Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program Free School Lunch
- Public Housing Assistance (PHA)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance’s Plan B segment
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal Head Start Community
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Programs for Tribal TANF
- Your household earnings must be 135% below the federal government’s poverty limits.
- You should have your social security number available while registering.
2) To be eligible for the program, you must also satisfy all of the following application requirements:
- A valid and complete street address is required.
- No one in your home should already have a phone from the firm.
- You may work, but you must report your earnings to the authorities.
- To participate, you must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be military personnel stationed.
- You may apply only once per 12 months.
3) You must also guarantee that you supply all of the following documentation:
- A statement from the following agencies: Department of Social Services or SNAP Benefits, Veteran’s Administration
- Management of Social Security Benefits.
- A valid Federal Tax Return
- A letter from Unemployment Insurance/Compensation Worker’s
- Your employer’s paycheck statement or most recent pay stubs
If you were eligible as indicated above, but your application was denied, contact customer service and file a complaint. Keep track of any developments using your wireless registration status tool if you have reapplied.
Assurance Wireless is a government-sponsored carrier that delivers free phones and services to low-income residents through the federal government’s lifeline program. However, not all low-income households are eligible for the program since they must meet federal government requirements.
To apply for the program, go to the carrier’s official website or a certified dealer and fill out the application form, making sure first to verify your eligibility. After applying, use the enrollment status check tool to monitor the entire process.