Life Wireless is one of the carriers in the US that participate in the federal-lifeline program. It provides government-assisted wireless services to low-income households and individuals. The carrier is an MVNO using the AT&T GSM network. You can get free cellular services with Life Wireless which comprises unlimited data, talk, text, etc. you can also get a free smartphone with this carrier. This article elaborates on how you can get a Life Wireless free phone and other related services.
Life Wireless is solely dedicated to delivering Lifeline service to its customers, offering free government phones and monthly plans to individuals in need. The carrier can operate in about 30 states in the US. It is a reliable carrier in coverage as it uses the GSM network, which is majorly compatible with many phone brands in the country. Therefore, the carrier can ensure the best network connectivity to those who benefit from its services.
However, to get a Life Wireless free phone, you must meet the eligibility standards. Notably, not all households benefit from the carrier’s free phones or other cellular services. Therefore, if you reside in the states that the carrier covers, you can check whether you are eligible to receive a free phone. You will also get free phone plans if you qualify. Let’s look at how you can qualify and receive a free phone from this carrier.
What do Life wireless services involve?
If any household or individual is qualified for the Life Wireless lifeline program, they are entailed to receive the following monthly:
- Free unlimited data
- Free unlimited talk and text
- Free phone (you can also bring your own phone to the network)
The service includes features like:
- Call waiting
- Three-way calling
- No roaming charges
- Caller ID service
- Free 911 service
- No charge for domestic long-distance calls
- Cheap recharge plans
The Life Wireless paid plans or top-ups (recharge) involve no contracts, no credit checks, and activation fees, and you can keep your number. They include:
- 1 day in unlimited for $4.85
- 3 days unlimited for $7.85
- 1 week unlimited for $12.75
- 2 weeks unlimited for $19.65
- 1 month unlimited for $29.65
- 60 minutes for $4.95, which is a pay-as-you-go plan.
- 130 for $9.79, which is also a pay-as-you-go top-up plan.
Notably, all the plans offered by Life Wireless include unlimited talk and text, and data. However, the amount of high-speed data provided depends on the state and whether you have the Life Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program & lifeline or the ACP only.
To find more about your state’s plan details and the acceptable subsidies availed, you can visit Life Wireless’s official website and select the state you reside in. remember, the state must be on the Life Wireless coverage map.
What is the Life Wireless lifeline and ACP programs?
The lifeline program is an assistance initiative created in 1985 by the federal government. This one was after recognizing the value of having a phone and being concerned that low-income households may not be able to purchase phone service on their own.
Hence, the federal government set up some qualifications for one to benefit from this assistance program. It still operates, and qualifying individuals obtain free phones and other discounts per household.
The program operates using various carriers that participate in it. Life Wireless is one of the carriers that participate in the lifeline, and hence eligible residents get the free phones from lifeline via this carrier. They also get a discount on their monthly wireless service. The Lifeline benefit is non-transferable and only applies to one monthly service discount on cellular or wireline service.
The ACP is the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) benefits program that assists low-income households with broadband and internet connection services. Notably, you can participate in both programs if you qualify, but with the ACP, you will receive more data than when you register for the lifeline program.
To enjoy these benefits, like a free phone from a participating provider like Life Wireless, in this case, you only need to meet the eligibility requirements.
How can you get Life Wireless free phone?
To acquire a free device, you must qualify for the lifeline program. Its eligibility depends on either household income or participation in government assistance programs. Hence, it would be best if you met either of the following:
- Your household should have an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty guidelines.
- A household member should be participating in any of the following government programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or the Food Stamps.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Head Start (Tribal only, meeting qualifying income standards
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- The Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Your free Lifeline service is limited to one per household and cannot be coupled with any other Lifeline offer. This means you’ll only be eligible for Lifeline assistance from one wireless carrier at a time. However, you are free to switch providers whenever you choose.
What documents are needed for Life Wireless free phone?
To apply for the life Wireless lifeline program, you are needed to submit the following:
- A document proving your identity, e.g., your ID, birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, permanent residence card, certificate of US citizenship, or the W-2 forms.
- Evidence of low income. This one depends on whether your application is based on a low income. You can issue out your last three months’ bank statement or any other document that proves your low income.
- Evidence of taking part in a government program if your application depends on this. You can give out either the current or previous year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, tribal or federal program, a notice letter of participation in any of the federal or tribal programs stated above, or program participation documents like the SNAP electronic benefit transfer card, or any other document proving your participation in any of the programs mentioned above.
How do you apply for the Life Wireless free phone?
To apply, you first need the documents stated above. The online application is currently the most straightforward method. You can visit the Life Wireless website and enter your email address and your location’s ZIP code at the respective set areas.
After that, follow the provided guidelines to complete the enrolment process. The Life Wireless lifeline program depends on your zip code regardless of whether you can apply for it or not.
On the other hand, you can visit a Life Wireless store near you with the required documents. The carrier has a store locator which can help you identify a nearby store as per your location’s zip code. Hence, you can apply from there in person or use mail services to convey all the needed documents to Life Wireless headquarters or any of the carrier’s local dealers.
What free phones do you get from Life Wireless?
Upon qualifying, you are given a free phone from various brands, including Samsung, LG, Alcatel, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, Nokia, ZTE, Siemens, etc. However, the phone you will acquire depends on availability. Notably, the phones are not the latest but entry-level devices, simple flip phones, or other regular devices. You can call Life Wireless customer service to check the type of phone you should expect to get.
You can also bring your own phone to Life Wireless and enjoy other discounted monthly plans. The carrier is GSM enabled, and hence most phones are compatible with it. The phone only needs to be unlocked from its previous carrier. When you bring your current device, Life Wireless offers you a free SIM card to use with its network.
You can keep your current phone number if your application is granted. You should call Life Wireless Customer Service at 1-888-543-3620 once you acquire your Life Wireless phone, and a representative will help you keep your current number. Ensure you don’t call from your Lifeline phone and have your prior carrier’s account number and password accessible.
Does Life Wireless offer phone replacement?
Life Wireless offers phone replacement to all its eligible customers if their phones get lost or stolen. If such a scenario happens to your phone, you should report immediately to the carrier by calling their customer service at 1-888-543-3620.
In most circumstances, you can get a replacement phone via customer service, where you pay a $35 replacement cost, which is set by state regulation. Replacements are usually sent out within 24 hours after receiving payment.
Life Wireless is an MVNO that operates under the AT&T GSM network. The carrier is known to participate in the lifeline and ACP programs that help low-income individuals and households acquire free phones and discounted monthly plans. Residents need to check if the carrier’s services are available in their locations. After that, they need to confirm if they are eligible for the Life Wireless lifeline program to get the free phone.