The internet has become the best, and faster way of communication, and not every person can get access to the internet, maybe because of the cost of subscribing to a program. However, there are government programs running to ensure that the internet is primarily available for low-income families. Cox communication is one of the ways of getting the internet at affordable prices. The main feature of Cox internet is the Cox low-income internet plans.
Cox Communications is one of the cable television companies in the U.S. that participate in the Connect2Compete program. This non-profit program is dedicated to narrowing the Digital Divide between rich and poor in America. Cox Communications offers two plans with high-speed internet to low-income individuals for only $9.95 per month.
Therefore, Cox internet is a cheap internet alternative that helps individuals save money while their internet needs are satisfied. It provides a fantastic choice for cheap cable T.V. for low-income families who cannot afford to pay the internet cost. This article covers the criteria that one can subscribe to Cox internet plans, how to qualify for the plans, and finally, the programs offered by Cox communication for low-income families.
What Plans Are Offered by Cox Company?
With Cox Internet bundles, customers can combine internet, T.V., and Voice in one convenient package for significant savings. Apart from the Internet packages that Cox company offers to match all your needs, you can also get cox new customer deals if you plan a switch to this carrier.
Cox offers cable internet service whereby digital data gets transmitted over existing cable lines to offer a high-speed internet connection. The company provides various plans, from Triple Play, an internet-only plan, to internet plus T.V. plans.
i) Triple-Play Bundles
The plan offers cable T.V., internet, and phone in one bundle. Therefore, it is not necessary to purchase separate plans for every service. These plans include;
- $157.99/mo Plan that comes with 50 Essential internets, contour T.V. Preferred, and Voice Preferred at 50 Mbps Download and 3 Mbps Upload
- $177.99/mo Plan offers Internet Preferred 250, Contour T.V. Preferred, and Voice Preferred 10 Mbps Upload and 250 Mbps download speeds.
- $197.99/mo Plan provides; Internet Ultimate 500 with Contour T.V. Preferred and Voice Preferred containing 10 Mbps upload, and 500 Mbps download speeds.
- $217.99/month, comes with Internet Gigablast with Contour T.V. Preferred and Voice Preferred with 35 Mbps upload and 1 Gbps download speeds.
- $137.99/month internet Essential 50 + Contour T.V. Preferred with 50 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload speeds.
- $157.99 per month plan provides Internet Preferred 250 with Contour T.V. Preferred, 250 Mbps download, and 10 Mbps upload speeds.
- $177.99 plan offers Internet Ultimate 500 with Contour T.V. Preferred with 500 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload speeds.
- The $197.99 plan comes with Internet Gigablast + Contour T.V. Preferred, 1 Gbps download, and 35 Mbps upload speeds.
- $217.99/month Internet Gigablast + Contour T.V. Preferred + Voice Preferred with 1 Gbps Download And 35 Mbps Upload speeds.
ii) Internet-Only Plans
The plans allow you to access internet services only. Some of the Cox communication internet plans include;
- $29.99 per month internet Starter 25 provides 25 Mbps Download and 3 Mbps upload speeds.
- $39.99/mo Internet Essential 50 offers 50 Mbps Download and 3 Mbps upload speeds.
- $59.99/mo internet Preferred with 250 Mbps Download and 10 Mbps Uploads.
- $79.99/mo Internet Ultimate 500 plus 500 Mbps Download and 10 Mbps Upload.
- $99.99/mo Internet Giga blast offers 1 Gbps Download and 35 Mbps upload.
iii) TV & Internet Bundles
The plans allow the customers to get access to TV and internet services. They include;
- $137.99/mo Internet Essential 50 + Contour T.V. Preferred with 50 Mbps Download 3 Mbps and Upload speeds.
- $157.99/mo internet Preferred 250 + Contour T.V. Preferred with 250 Mbps Download 10 Mbps and upload speeds.
- $177.99/mo Internet Ultimate 500 + Contour T.V. Preferred with 500 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload speeds.
Does Cox Offer Cable and Internet for Low-Income Families?
Yes, Cox Communications offers two plans with the cheapest tv and internet packages to low-income individuals. One plan is offered to families participating in TANF, SNAP, and the National School Lunch Program. The other one is for residents of HUD-assisted housing that has school-age children. One of the benefits of these programs is that they provide low-cost equipment to enable kids to grow with digital literacy training. These programs include;
i) Cox low-income internet program #1
This plan provides internet services to qualified families participating in TANF, SNAP, and the National School Lunch Program. The plan comes with a high-speed internet connection of about 5Mbps, enough for video streaming at only $9.95 per month. The benefits of this plan include
- It does not have any deposit amount
- The pan is offered at no contracts
- There is no installation or modem rental fees
- The price is guaranteed for two years.
- The members can purchase a computer for below $150
- No activation fees
- Norton Security Suite, which provides professional online security at no cost.
However, not all individuals can enroll in this program. There are some qualifications set aside for members. Some of the eligibility requirements for the $9.95 High-Speed Internet Through Cox Connect2Compete include;
- The household is participating in federal government assistance programs, such as the National School Lunch Program (NLSP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Public Housing, and many more.
- The individual must have proof of residency in public housing, including section 8 programs, public housing authorities, and multi-family units.
- You have not subscribed to Cox internet service within the last 90 days.
- The household does not have any outstanding debt to Cox.
However, there are some documents that one can use to enroll in the program immediately without any delay. As a new member, you are required to submit:
- Your full name as parent or guardian
- full address matches your service address
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s school name
ii) Cox low-income internet Program #2
This program provides internet services to families living in HUD-assisted housing and has school-age children. The plan comes with a high-speed internet connection of up to 10Mbps at only $9.95 per month. Cox Communications is one of the largest cable T.V. companies that provides the best bundle deals for tv internet and phone. The company works with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to offer low-cost internet to any HUD-assisted household with school-age children.
The company offers its services in 18-state in the U.S. Some of these states include; Arkansas, Arizona, Connecticut, California, Florida, Idaho, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Nebraska, Ohio, Rhode Island, Oklahoma, Virginia, and many more. Some of the benefits of the plan include;
- Free in-home wifi
- Free installation
- Low-income individuals can purchase a computer for under $150. The plan comes with no activation fees and no additional equipment fees.
- Free access to thousands of wifi hotspot access points across the country.
However, there are some restrictions on the qualification of the program. They include;
- Individuals who have been Cox customers within the last three months before application do not qualify for the program. Therefore, for a Cox customer to be eligible to sign up for the low internet plan, you have to cancel your service and wait for about 90 days.
- A customer who has a Cox bill that’s more than 12 months overdue cannot participate in the low internet program. Therefore, to be eligible for the plan, you have to pay the overdue bill or agree to a payment plan.
- Individuals who own unreturned Cox cable equipment cannot be allowed to enroll in the low-cost internet plan.
- You must live in one of the areas served by Cox Cable. Cox communication provides high-speed and low-cost internet services to 18 states in the U.S. and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Cable T.V. franchises are bought, sold, and traded nationwide.
How Can I Receive Low-Income Internet from Cox?
There are some criteria that an individual must be followed to get the low-income cox communications internet plans. You need to show some documents to prove you are eligible for the program. However, there are two simple steps that Cox Communication follows to allow individuals to get access to the low-income internet plan; that is;
- Cox company confirms that you have been a subscriber of Cox’s high-speed internet service for the last 90 days and do not have any outstanding bills or unreturned equipment.
- When the company approves your membership, you can choose between self -installation or an in-person setup deal.
- Cox Company will then confirm and schedule a day to visit your house for installation purposes of necessary outlets, set up your wifi modem, and activate internet access.
Another way low-income families can receive internet is through the Cox Affordable Connectivity Program. The program allows eligible households to get $30 off their monthly internet service, which is subject to the requirements of the ACP program. If the customer lives in the tribal lands, they can get up to $75 off your plan.
Cox Communications is a telecommunication company in the U.S. that deals with digital cable television and home automation services. It is one of the best television and cable internet companies in America that provides various discounts for new and existing customers in almost 18 States.
The plans include triple play, internet-only, or T.V. plus internet. Through the Cox ConnectComplete and the ACP program, the company provides its services to low-income individuals.