Cox is among the largest cable and internet providers in the United States, with a vast customer pool in Arizona, California, and Virginia. However, the cox affordable connectivity program assists in administering the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which focuses on helping disadvantaged Americans stay connected to the internet. Qualifying households from tribal and non-tribal lands can receive a discount on their current internet bill, including equipment costs.
Notably, the Affordable Connectivity Program launched on December 31, 2021, replacing the current-expired Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). These programs help in response to the COVID-19 crisis and aim at helping families straining to afford internet service during the pandemic. The EBB program benefited millions of Americans; therefore, the US Congress strategized to modify and extend the program to the new ACP program that provides similar benefits as the previous EBB program.
Moreover, Cox Communications provides convenience and quality in one fantastic deal. Combining your cable, internet, and phone services, you can save time and money. Get entertainment speed, and remain connected with your loved ones. On the other hand, Cox new customer deals are more difficult to find than most other major ISPs, but it’s worth taking advantage of. Cox deals mainly apply to heavy internet users and those who decide on bundling.
Who Qualifies for the Cox Affordable Connectivity Program?
Any household member may qualify if subscribed to Cox Connect2Compete, ConnectAssist Internet, or Lifeline Phone plus internet. However, you may have to verify your identity through your mobile phone number and date of birth or upload your driver’s license, state ID card, or passport.
Additionally, you may also require to show documentation of income, unemployment status, or participation in any of the following government-sponsored programs. A household member may also qualify if they participate in other eligible government assistance programs, including:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefits
- Head Start
- Free or reduced lunch via the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Federal Public Housing (including Section 8, Multi-family units, and Public Housing Authorities)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Pell Grant beneficiary for the current academic year
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Tribal Programs (and proof of living on tribal lands) including:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Temporary Aid for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
Moreover, your gross income should be 200% or less. Notably, 200% of federal poverty standards estimate $53,000 for a family of four. You can check for the income maximum for your household at the lifeline support federal poverty guidelines page.
What Benefits Does Cox’s Affordable Connectivity Program Offer?
The program offers two types of discounts on monthly services and devices. Apart from the cox communications internet plans, eligible households can receive a monthly wireless discount of up to $30, plus $75 for eligible households on qualifying Tribal lands. Interestingly, the eligible members may also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
However, according to the FCC rules, a customer must contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward buying. The Affordable Connectivity Program is restricted to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. Notably, all ACP providers offer discounts on monthly broadband services, but only some of them provide discounts on connected devices.
How Do You Apply for Cox ACP?
The sign-up process for the Cox ACP program is through the following simple steps:
- Ensure you are Cox ACP-eligible through the eligibility criteria above.
- Proceed to Cox nternet ebb and scroll down to the ‘Let’s get started button.
- Submit your service address and unit/apt number. Then, click ‘Check availability. If you are an existing customer, you can tap ‘Sign-in.’
- When redirected to the Cox ACP online application form, give all the necessary information and documentation and apply.
- Within a few days from submitting your application, Cox will forward an email informing you whether or not you qualify. You can then begin enjoying your Cox ACP benefits.
What Are the Restrictions of the Cox ACP?
Cox ACP also comes with a set of restrictions similar to any other government assistance program. The Cox ACP rules and limitations include:
- To benefit from Cox ACP, you must be eligible per the eligibility criteria above.
- Only one ACP benefit is available per eligible household.
- Cox ACP is non-transferrable.
- A household can only get ACP benefits from one provider. However, each household can switch providers at any time.
- If a household has already acquired a one-time device discount from Cox or any other carrier, it is not qualified to get another device discount.
- To continue getting your ACP benefit, you must utilize the service at least once per month.
- If you are no longer Cox ACP-eligible, you must inform the provider within 30 days.
- ACP services and devices depend on eligibility, provider participation, product availability, and FCC/USAC approval.
Bundle Cox Services and Save
If you are an existing customer looking for the best bundle deals for tv, internet, and phone, Cox provides an excellent combination of your TV, Internet, and Home Phone. You can get Cox offers on HD TV, high-speed internet, and Home Phone service at an affordable rate. You can also choose the plans that best suit your family’s needs. Additionally, you save money and time every month when you bundle your home services.
Benefits of Bundling Cox Services:
- Control your account with ease, all in one place.
- Save time and money by ordering paying for all of your home services at once.
- Accumulate one low monthly bill to pay each month.
- Enjoy bundle discounts.
- Customize your services to suit your family’s preferences.
- Combine your home services to work together.
What is the Best Triple Pay Cox bundle?
Although Cox’s prices are high, its bundling service is vital. Whether you are searching for cable and internet or the two services plus phone, there are many options. If you decide to combine all three services, the Internet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred + Voice Preferred is recommended. However, this package goes for $209.99 per month, and sometimes it’s given at a promotional rate, so ensure you ask about deals and promotions before ordering.
The fast download speeds get featured in this bundle with up to 1,000 Mbps, which is excellent for a multi-user household. You can run a nearly unlimited number of devices at once without worrying about any lags. Besides, TV watchers will enjoy watching more than 140 TV channels featuring the package, with favorites such as ESPN, FXX, and Sundance.
What are The Best Cox Double Pay Bundle Deals?
For cable TV lovers and households with heavy internet usage, the Cox Gold Duo plan is the ideal bundle Cox has for you. The Bronze Duo plan features faster download speeds no matter your household size. You will enjoy up to 500 Mbps download speed and more than140 channels for $169.99 per month. Additionally, Cox gives new Bronze Duo subscribers a free TV receiver, free installation, and HBO Max, STARZ, Cinemax, and Showtime access.
On the other hand, cord-cutters looking for the cheapest tv and internet packages can bundle the internet plan with Cox Contour Stream Player. However, Contour Stream Player customers do not have access to the same channels as traditional TV customers. You will have access to Cox’s on-demand library, which features over 150,000 shows and movies.
How Can You Get Better Deals with Cox?
There are a few tips and guidelines on how you should maneuver when comparing Cox internet plans:
i) Consider Cox’s internet and TV bundle plans
While most providers avail some discount for bundling multiple services together, the savings with Cox Communications are insane. Often, you can have TV or phone service incorporated into your internet plan for lesser extra money.
ii) Confirm the last price of your Cox internet plan
Although the savings with bundling are very high, it’s advisable to read the fine print to see your regular price after the end of your promotional period. Sometimes, you may end up paying more expensively than you expected after a year or two of service.
iii) Purchase the cheapest Cox plan that fits your speed requirements.
It can be tempting to settle for the best service, but the truth is that most households don’t require breakneck speeds. Thus, it’s essential to know the relationship between price and speed, so you don’t over-pay.
iv) Try Self-installation if you rent Cox equipment.
Cox self-installation costs$20, a one-time fee, a fraction of Cox’s professional installation fee. However, Cox’s self-installation fees do not vary depending on how much gets installed, as their professional installation fee.
Cox Communications ranks the third-largest cable provider in the United States. However, Cox Communications is among the best internet, TV, phone, and home security companies in the US, covering 19 states. Besides, it has six decades of experience in the industry. It provides service to millions of consumers throughout the US.
Cox prides itself in participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program and offers qualified individuals a long list of benefits. As mentioned earlier, Cox provides both monthly service discounts and device discounts as part of the ACP.