Some network providers lock their mobile phones to ensure the loyalty of their customers. However, the same companies offer the unlock phone option for customers who wish to switch to other network providers. Assurance Wireless is one of these companies. To unlock an assurance wireless phone, the phone must have been active for at least 12 months. Other conditions that your eligibility for the unlock process is discussed in the article.
Assurance Wireless is a mobile phone service provider subsidized by the federal Lifeline Assistance program. They offer free phones, calls, monthly data, and unlimited texts to low-income eligible individuals. It is a company well known for no-contract deals. It also offers no activation or recurring fee service; therefore, it is an excellent option for all Lifeline-eligible individuals.
Lifeline-eligible individuals can apply for an Assurance Wireless service and SIM card kit Assurance Wireless website. If they qualify, they will get a free Assurance Wireless SIM card with free monthly data, free minutes, and unlimited texts. In addition, individuals can receive free Assurance Wireless phones.
Details About Assurance Wireless
Assurance Wireless is a federal government Assistance that offers mobile phone services to low-income individuals through the LifeLine program. The eligible low-income customers are provided with free monthly data, unlimited text messaging, and free minutes every month. The customers also enjoy free cell phones.
So, what is the Lifeline program. This is a US federal government program initiated to provide free government cell phones for low-income individuals. Later after its formation, the program was upgraded and improved to offer free home cell phones and affordable monthly plans for seniors and people with disability.
The company offers these mobile phone services under the T-Mobile network provider. T-Mobile is an extensive network provider in the US; therefore, assurance wireless has very great nationwide network coverage. T-Mobile provides GSM network technology services; therefore, assurance mobile also uses GSM network technology.
Unlock Your Assurance Wireless Phone – The Method
Some mobile phone network operators lock their customers’ mobile phones to ensure loyalty to the company and make more profit in the competitive market. However, this is not a good deal for customers since most customers wish to choose carriers that offer the best services, and an unlocked phone is one of them.
A locked phone is a phone that is tied to work only with one network provider, in our case, the Assurance mobile. The company unlocks your device remotely for most devices unless otherwise. If the cell phone does not support remote unlock, Assurance wireless sends a message with clear instructions and steps to unlock the device manually. The message comes within two business days.
However, Older cell phones with a Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) do not allow online manual unlock. Therefore, the Assurance Wireless company provides an MSL code to eligible customers.
Before unlocking the cell phone, the cell phone must be eligible for unlocking. That is;
- The phone was offered by Assurance Wireless.
- It has not been reported that the device is stolen or lost or lost
- The phone should have been active for at least 12 months.
- Assurance Wireless will automatically unlock the cell phone if you are eligible within two business days.
In addition, the customer can unlock their Assurance wireless mobile phone by themselves by following the procedure below;
- Ensure that you are connected to a wifi network, the T-Mobile or Sprint corporation network, or wifi.
- Choose your cell phone on the Devices page.
- Click the Security drop-down to find the steps to unlock your cell phone.
- Select Permanent Unlock and enjoy free switching to other network providers.
Phones That Are Compatible With Assurance Wireless
Mobile phone compatibility is the ability of an iOS or Android-operated cell phone to run and execute some applications and websites written in iPhone and android environments, respectively. Assurance Wireless uses the GSM network technology to provide its services; therefore, any mobile phone that supports GSM network technology is compatible with assurance wireless.
An Assurance Wireless SIM card works best in an Assurance Wireless cell phone. However, some other selected Virgin Mobile devices may be used with an Assurance Wireless account. Therefore, some of the Assurance Wireless compatible phones include;
- Samsung Entro Virgin Mobile
- OneTouch Retro
- Virgin Mobile Montage Prepaid Phone
- Kyocera Contact Black
- Motorola Triumph Prepaid Android Phone
- Kyocera Brio Prepaid Phone
- LG G Stylo LS770VB Android 5.1
- LG Stylo 2 Prepaid
Procedure To Replace Your Assurance Wireless Cell Phone
One may decide to replace their phone simply because it is ancient, stolen, lost, or outdated. The company provides new or refurbished cell phones for replacement. It should be noted that the replacement phone is not free. The company charges for the replacement device and shipping. It is advisable to contact customer support at 1-888-321-5880 if your cell phone is stolen, lost, or damaged.
The procedure of Assurance Wireless phone replacement is effortless and straightforward.
- Log in to Virgin Mobile’s website.
- Complete the application form and enter your ZIP code.
- Once you have entered all the required details, you can submit your filled form to Assurance Wireless through email.
- You can also submit the form by fax or by phone. The replacement method is the same online as it is by phone.
After getting your replacement phone, follow the procedure below to Activate the phone:
- Turn off your cell phone. This process will enable hands-free activation to connect to the Assurance Wireless network, and the phone will check for updates.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Dial 611 and follow the instructions given.
- Submit your Assurance Wireless account PIN. The PIN is located at the top of the Assurance Wireless approval letter.
- Submit the PIN and enjoy the services.
Assurance Wireless is a federal government network provider that offers cheap mobile phone deals and plans to individuals with low income through the federal government program known as the lifeline program. The company also offers free mobile phones and allows new customers to bring their existing phones provided that it is compatible with the network.
Any mobile phone that uses the GSM network technology is compatible with Assurance Wireless. This means that the market is flooded by Assurance-compatible cell phones since most of them operate on GSM.