Disabled people are among the most disadvantaged demographic in society. However, the federal and state government has a program that avails wireless services and digital devices to such groups. Free tablet for disabled helps the beneficiaries to stay connected to the telecommunication world. Besides, the free government device offer gives preference to low-income households, disabled people, college students, veterans, etc.
Therefore, if a disabled person or an individual low-income wish to get the free government tablet, they have to complete an application form and attain the eligibility criteria. After a successful screening process, the government provides the beneficiary with a free laptop or tablet, depending on availability. In this case, you must avail the truthful information and don’t give false information/documentation to prove eligibility.
Most importantly, ensure to collect all the needed documents before applying. Those disabled applicants who give all the required information and documents pose a higher chance of obtaining the free tablet from the government than those who don’t. Many people having low-income, disabled, senior citizens, unemployed people, and students need the tablets to have a better life and secure many life-changing opportunities.
Qualification For Government Free Tablet For Disabled
You can qualify for a free government phone and tablet, under three categories and general eligibility criteria according to FCC, which apply for most states:
- You are eligible through other federal government programs (if you participate in an income-based government assistance program).
- Qualify following some disability.
- You are eligible depending on your total household income (if your current income is under 200% of the federal poverty level.)
Documentation That Required Through Another Federal Government Program
Apart from qualifying for a free tablet through disability, there is another federal government program like a free tablet with food stamps that qualifies you. However, you need to prove your current enrollment in a federal government assistance program through documentation such as:
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance (bring a document that says “MA” or “Medical Assistance” on it)
- Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Group Residential Housing (GRH)
- Adult & Child Mental Health Case Management
- The National School Lunch Program’s Free or Reduced Lunch Program certification
- Employment Services (only if income-based in your state)
- Financial Assistance, including GA, TANF, etc. (a recent letter showing current eligibility is required)
- Food Support (a dated letter showing recent eligibility is required)
- Head Start
- Extended Foster Care
- Federal Pell Grant
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Documents Needed If You Qualify Through Disability:
You need to submit documentation from a government source highlighting any form of disability.
Documents Needed If You Qualify Through Income:
You need to submit documentation from a government entity showing that your current income lies under 200% of the federal poverty guideline, such as:
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits certification
- Federal or tribal notice certificate of participation in General Assistance
- The last year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are not acceptable)
- A Social Security statement of benefits certification
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits certification (VA cards alone not acceptable)
General Required Documents:
You will get an application form for applying for the free government tablet through a disability. Along with the form, you will also require to submit the below documents as proof:
- Eligibility proof document
- Income proof or salary slip
- Income proof or student information
- Residence proof
- A photo ID proof
- Contact information
Procedure To Get A Free Tablet For Disabled Under the ACP Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program, or ACP, is a new Federal Communication Commission ( FCC) program that replaced the former Emergency Broadband Benefit EBB). However, the ACP program got designed to assist all eligible households to afford the broadband connection they require for work, healthcare, school, and more. ACP participants receive two types of benefits on connected devices and monthly services.
Moreover, all ACP qualifying providers give a discount on monthly broadband internet service of up to $30. Plus, $75 for qualified households residing on Tribal lands. Select ACP providers also provides a one-time discount of up to $100 per qualifying household to buy a connected device, such as a laptop, a tablet, or a desktop computer. To obtain this discount and device, you must pay a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50.
On the other hand, to get an affordable connectivity program tablet, you must identify an ACP provider in your state of residence that avails discounts on connected devices. Thus, to locate a suitable provider, proceed to affordable connectivity program providers, tap on your state of residence, and choose a provider that features a ‘tick’ under ‘Offering Connected Devices).’
Providers Of Free/Discounted Tablets Under the ACP Program
Generally, not all ACP providers provide discounts on connected devices. To save your time while trying to identify the ACP offers of every ACP provider in your area, below is a list of the best ACP providers in the US. They offer the best free/discounted tablets.
i) Easy Wireless
Easy Wireless is a renowned wireless provider that provides both Lifeline and ACP benefits and discounts to qualified households in Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Missouri. At Easy Wireless, qualified customers can get a free 8-inch tablet or a smartphone.
Additionally, applicants may enjoy free monthly phone service with unlimited text, talk, data, and hotspot. The unlimited data and free tablet discounts only apply to eligible households. To apply for an Easy Wireless free government tablet:
- Open My Easy Wireless.
- Input your email address and ZIP code and tap ‘Enroll now’ to start the process.
- You will get redirected to the provider’s online application. Please fill it out by availing all the necessary information and documentation.
- Send your online application and wait for a qualification confirmation from the provider.
ii) StandUp Wireless
StandUp Wireless is a well-known ACP provider that provides discounts on monthly services and devices. The company covers the states of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
However, ACP-qualified households can get a one-time discount on a connected device and a free monthly service featuring unlimited talk, text, and data. To enroll for a free tablet through StandUp, follow these steps:
- Proceed to StandUp Wireless.
- Enter your ZIP code and email address, and tap ‘Begin application.
- Complete the online application by availing of all the needed information and documentation.
- Send your online application and wait for the provider to confirm whether or not you are qualified.
iii) Q Link Wireless
Q Link Wireless leads among the nationwide wireless providers providing Lifeline and ACP benefits to qualified households. The company serves in the states of Arkansas, Arizona, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Rhode Island, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
At Q Link Wireless qualified disabled people can receive a free tablet with the latest specifications for only $10.01. The ACP-eligible customers can also receive free monthly phone service featuring unlimited talk, text, and data. To apply, follow the steps below:
- Open Qlink Wireless.
- Submit your ZIP code and email address. Tap ‘Get it now.
- Complete the provider’s online application form by availing the needed information and documentation.
- Finish the process by sending the application. Q Link will let you know about further steps within a few days.
Many disabled people, low-income families, and students may receive a free government tablet. However, you must qualify and fill out an application form upon attaining the eligibility requirements. You can apply for a free tablet through your preferred wireless provider if you are eligible.
Alternatively, you can apply directly through the USAC website or mail your application to the required address. Besides, the number of free tablets for the disabled from the government is limited, and the offer applies to one discount per household.