Losing your phone is the worst life encounter, and you may have to replace lost or stolen SafeLink phones. However, you request a replacement device from this carrier at many stores, change SIM cards, and you are good to kick off. First, if you lose your SafeLink Wireless Lost Phone phone contact, you need to contact SafeLink customer service representatives at 800-378-1684. They will suspend your cell phone services, hold the minutes and later transfer to your new cell phone when activated.
Notifying your provider when you’ve lost your phone helps disconnect service and block the phone from unauthorized use. Next, you will get issued with a new phone, either a new refurbished phone at no cost to you, and proceed to SafeLink Wireless activation. Additionally, you can also buy a new SIM card so you can transfer all your cell phone numbers and other crucial information to your SafeLink replacement phone.
Notably, all the reported lost and stolen phones will be permanently deactivated. Suppose you opt to continue getting SafeLink service. In that case, you may either purchase a replacement phone from this company or bring your own unlocked phone, together with purchasing a replacement SIM card. SafeLink Phone comes covered by a one-year limited warranty, while a reconditioned SafeLink Phone feature a one (1) year limited warranty offered by SafeLink.
About SafeLink Wireless
SafeLink is a leading Lifeline program provider administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company. However, to qualify for enrollment in the SafeLink Program, you must meet specific eligibility requirements. These requirements are based on an individual’s participation in a state or federal support program(s) or by attaining specific income requirements based on Income Poverty Guidelines provided by the U.S. Government.
Recently, this carrier announced a SafeLink Affordable Connectivity Program that works similar to Lifeline Benefits. The Lifeline benefit applies per household, and applicants for the SafeLink Program must complete an application form avail supporting documentation to prove the eligibility requirements. However, the eligible households must currently receive benefits from the public assistance program (s) listed in the application form or attain income at or below the provided eligibility level.
Upon subscribing to the SafeLink Program, you may have the option to bring your own phone or buy a SafeLink Phone. At the time of activation, you must accept the number assigned by SafeLink. If you have any questions or have experienced any problems, you may contact SafeLink Wireless support at 1-800-723-3546 or 1-800-378-1684 Or proceed to the SafeLink Wireless website.
Quick Tips to Locate Your Phone If Lost or Misplaced
Sometimes your phone may be misplaced and not lost. Therefore, if it’s turned on, you can try one of the following tricks (depending on the phone type) to assist you in locating it.
- Call your number – You can use another phone to call your number and keenly listen for the ringing tone in your proximity.
- Find your Android cell phone using Google Android Manager – If you’ve utilized your Android phone for any of Google services such as Gmail, Chrome Browser, Google Play, etc., you can use a laptop or a tablet to trace it. You can log in to your Google account and input “Find my Android phone” into the Google search bar. Then scroll down until you get a result that shows find your phone – My Account – Google”. And tap on that result and follow the on-page instructions.
- Similar to the above android phone finder, you may go to ‘Find my iPhone’ or iCloud to locate it if you have an iPhone.
- Contact your provider’s customer support if you’ve tried the above tricks with no fruits, and ask them to help you locate your cell phone.
Method To Get Back Your SafeLink Wireless Lost Phone
SafeLink phone replacement is a great way to get a replacement phone if your phone has been lost or stolen. But what if you’re unable to use your new phone? How will you get back your previous phone? Fortunately, SafeLink phone replacement comes with a free lost phone finder. When you enter to SafeLink wireless login page your new phone, you’ll receive this free phone finder.
Moreover, you can search for your old phone using this phone finder. Then, you can enter the phone’s IMEI number to see if it’s located. If you manage to find your old phone, you can use this guide to get it working again or contact with SafeLink wireless customer service.
On the other hand, Remember that SafeLink phone replacement comes with a free lost phone finder. This will help you find your old phone and get it working.
SafeLink Replacement Procedure
First, you must submit a replacement request to a SafeLink customer representative or go for SafeLink bring your own phone option. Upon receiving a replacement request, your lost or damaged SafeLink phone will get replaced. However, the replacement cell phone will get mailed to your address on file free of charge within ten business days.
In most cases, SafeLink will only replace your cell phone free of charge in one instance. If your cell phone becomes lost, damaged, or stolen again, you will have to pay for a new replacement device to get mailed to you. Additionally, your replacement SafeLink cellphone will get fully activated and ready to use after shipment to you.
Immediately you get the replacement package, insert the battery into the cell phone, and power the phone on. If you experience any problems when making or receiving calls from your SafeLink replacement phone online , contact SafeLink customer service at 800-378-1684 using another phone. However, the customer service representative will correctly activate your replacement device.
SafeLink Wireless Replacement Policy
SafeLink Wireless is the largest, ancient and renowned provider among the companies that offer free government cell phones. This carrier has millions of customers in 38 states, including Washington DC and Puerto Rico. SafeLink lost, or stolen policy indicates:
You must know that SafeLink is not responsible for physical damages to stolen or lost phones as a provider. However, SafeLink allows its subscribers one FREE replacement phone in the circumstance of a stolen or lost device. You may request and get only one replacement phone for any lost or stolen SafeLink Wireless mobile phone per customer.
However, the replacement cell phone will be refurbished, and all reported lost and stolen cell phones will be permanently deactivated. The replacement phone includes only 10 minutes of lost airtime. Any extra airtime that your lost phone had will not get replaced. If you lose your replacement phone or get stolen, you may opt for a SafeLink phone upgrade.
Steps To Replace Your SafeLink Free Government Phone
Every wireless subscriber has the option to have their wireless device replaced with a free government phone. Subscribers can choose any wireless service they want, regardless of what carrier they used to sign up with. There are a few simple steps to getting this replacement.
- Order a SafeLink Free Phone Replacement Kit – Once you’ve chosen a SafeLink wireless phone replacement, you can order a replacement kit on hand. The kit includes all of the tools you’ll need to activate your replacement phone.
- Activate Your Free Government Phone – Once the kit arrives, you can activate your replacement phone using the tools included in the kit.
- Change Your Wireless ID – Changing your wireless ID is important because it helps safeguard your privacy. New information added to your wireless account will no longer associate with your name or address.
You should know a few more things when changing your wireless ID. Please note that changing your wireless ID is a potential security risk and is not something to be undertaken lightly.
- Change Your Wireless ID At Home – Changing your wireless ID at home is the most secure way if you can change your wireless ID at a location not attached to your home.
- Change Your Wireless ID At Work – If you can’t change your wireless ID at home or in a public location, change it at work. Wherever you change your wireless ID, make sure it’s somewhere public.
- Change Your Wireless ID In A Public Place – Change your wireless ID in a public place such as a public library, a park, or a coffee shop. Remember to change your wireless ID in a public place not to be associated with your home address.
SafeLink Warranty Details
If a phone gets lost or stolen while on delivery to the customer before the customer gets the phone, the lost device and airtime may get replaced as a one-time courtesy at SafeLink sole discretion. However, most of the SafeLink devices feature a 1-year warranty policy, so if the phone stops functioning within the first year, the general warranty should handle the repair or offer you a free new cell phone.
- The policy indicates that you can get a new one if you receive a defective device within the first year.
- To replace your cell phone, you must prove the phone’s purchase date and present a receipt.
- The warranty can only be by the owner and is in no circumstances transferrable.
Things are very different for the first-year warranty; thus, it is best to call SafeLink support at 1-800-378-1684 or 1-800-723-3546 as soon as the issue occurs. You can contact a local SafeLink representative to assist you further with detailed instructions.
SafeLink’s policy states that they no longer offer free replacement phones. Thus, if you wish to continue getting SafeLink service, you may purchase a replacement phone from this provider or bring your own unlocked phone and buy a replacement SIM card. However, the replacement device is typically some form of renewed entry-level Android.
If SafeLink phone damage occurred within the first year, you might check if the warranty covers it. Otherwise, the SafeLink replacement policy covers only lost or stolen cell phones.