Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Government project that offers a subsidy on broadband services to assist eligible households to access internet service. However, this program replaced the expired EBB program, and only select wireless providers have confirmed participation in this new program. Among the qualifying providers, there is optimum ACP, and this article will take you through the eligibility procedure.
Generally, you receive a monthly credit if you qualify under the affordable connectivity program eligibility. This discount features up to $30 per month of the internet bill for non-tribal lands. On the other hand, those who qualify on tribal lands receive up to $75 per month. ACP program is available to new and current Optimum customers.
Most importantly, if you or a household member is receiving an Affordable Connectivity Program benefit from another service provider, you may opt to transfer your benefit to Optimum. However, if it happens, you will lose the benefit with your current provider immediately after you get enrolled with Optimum. To transfer your benefit through this carrier, re-apply at Optimum ACP. Then, you must fill out your enrollment application accordingly.
Details Of Optimum
Altice owns optimum, based in Long Island, New York. Optimum cable service serves about 11.9 million in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Besides, it also has a fiber internet option that serves close to 1.6 million customers. Optimum ranks the fourth-largest cable provider in the US, with 940 megabits per second (Mbps) internet speeds. However, Optimum provides several options for service and even offers optimum free internet access to qualifying households.
Moreover, Optimum offers internet services across some states in the US. This carrier provides seven plans, each featuring unlimited data and no contract. Optimum now utilizes Smart Wi-Fi 6 technology, which offers up to three times faster Wi-Fi services on select plans than Wi-Fi 5 technology.
On the other hand, this service is crucial for households with numerous devices and gets included with the 1 Gig Internet plan. Optimum’s internet plans feature built-in internet security to identify potential online threats. However, this service is optional and can be avoided if the customer doesn’t need it.
Qualification for ACP Through Optimum
A household can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) through Optimum if someone in your household attains one of the following criteria.
- Receives SNAP/food stamps, Medicaid or qualifies to participate in any of the FCC’s Lifeline qualifying programs.
- A beneficiary of free or reduced-price school lunch or breakfast via the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Enrolled in a learning institution that provides free school breakfast and lunch to all students via the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). Notably, most New York City public schools are eligible.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for (WIC) Women, Infants, and Children beneficiary.
- Federal Pell Grant beneficiary in the current award year.
- Gross annual household income equals at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Most importantly, each household can only obtain one affordable connectivity benefit. The benefit is transferable from one participating provider to another. But, you can’t transfer to another individual or household even if they qualify.
Qualifying households are subject to Optimum’s undiscounted rates, general terms and conditions if they de-enroll, disqualify, transfer their benefit to another provider without canceling service, or if the program ends. For more information, go to ACP Benefit. Learn more about the optimum internet plans for existing customers if you don’t qualify for ACP discounts.
Things To Do If You’re Not Eligible for the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program
Some reasons may disqualify you for an affordable connectivity program under Optimum. First, you may haven’t qualified via the National Verifier. Your National Verifier approval has expired, or you didn’t submit the information on your application with Optimum precisely as it appears on your National Verifier approval letter.
In this case, you should observe the following:
- Suppose you have not yet qualified through the National Verifier. In that case, you’ll have to first proceed to ACP Benefit website to get a National Verifier approval and then apply through the optimum ACP website to get your Affordable Connectivity Program benefits with Optimum.
- If your National Verifier approval got expired, you’d have to first re-apply at ACPBenefit.org to acquire a new National Verifier approval and then apply through Optimum ACP to get your Affordable Connectivity Program credit with Optimum.
- If you did not submit your information correctly on your application with Optimum as it appears on your National Verifier approval letter, you could re-apply. However, to obtain your Affordable Connectivity Program credit with Optimum, you must give your full name and other necessary information on your application with Optimum correctly as it appears on your National Verifier approval.
Most importantly, to check the legal name and other information you submitted to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you need to review your National Verifier approval. The approval can get sent to you by email or mail, or you can log in to your account at the National Verifier. After you log in to ACPBenefit.org, follow the steps below:
- Proceed to the top right corner, tap Consumer Sign In
- Input your Username and Password
- On your homepage, you’ll find your application and its status in the dashboard
Additionally, you may also go to ACP benefit for more information, or you can contact the administrator of the National Verifier through email. Immediately you have a new National Verifier approval letter (if needed) and are set to re-apply, proceed to Optimum ACP and re-apply with the same information.
Application For Optimum ACP
There are three different methods to apply for the Optimum Affordable Connectivity Program. First, you can apply online. You need to log in and sign up for a new account at the ACP’s online application portal.
The second option is to apply through mail. To do this, you must print out an application, fill it out and send along with your copies of the needed documents to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742. Finally, the other option is to contact Optimum directly and check whether they participate in the ACP. If it does, this provider will assist you and guide you through any steps required to complete the process.
Notably, if you choose to apply online, it’s most likely you may get immediate approval. If that’s not the case, there may be a need for additional documentation for you to proceed with the ACP discount. But immediately you’re approved, you can proceed to the final step. If you have any additional queries on the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can contact the ACP Support Center at 877-384-2575.
Reasons To Choose Optimum Mobile
Optimum covers a nationwide network that offers mobile phone services through Altice Mobile. However, its mobile customers pay a monthly fee for domestic texting, talking, and data services, while 5G access is inclusive. Customers have access to unlimited data, but the data speed reduces after certain limits get reached.
The Optimum also has the Altice One cable TV service, which can get bundled with the 300 Mbps internet plan. New customers on this plan enjoy lower rates during the first year of service and get free installation for ordering the service online. You can also get optimum internet plans for senior citizens if you are 65 of age and above through this carrier.
Optimum also features a Basic TV plan that offers HDMI-enabled TVs with several channels and other features. The number of channels, 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) content availability, and extra features depending on the package you choose and the customer’s location.
Generally, to receive your Affordable Connectivity Program benefit through Optimum, you’ll require first to confirm your eligibility via the National Verifier at ACPBenefit.org. Afterward, submit your application with the relevant information and documentation to optimum.com/acp. However, only one discount account applies per every household on Optimum ACP. You can transfer ACP benefits from one service provider to another, but not from one person to another.