Republic Wireless is the leading network provider in the US, offering flexible and reliable mobile phone plans and deals at affordable prices. The provider offers no contract deals, meaning that a customer can switch to other network providers whenever they wish. New customers who want to switch to republic wireless have to; buy a new phone or use the republic wireless bring your own phone (BYOP) option, buy a republic wireless sim card, and activate it.
The BYOP option program enables new republic wireless customers to retain their old mobile phones to use the network, thus saving lots of cash for purchasing a new phone. The phone will only work if it is unlocked or compatible with the network. Republic wireless network is currently producing high-tech smartphones for both android and iOS users.
Other US network providers are offering the Bring Your Own Phone option to their customers, including; Straight Talk, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Cricket Wireless, Boost Mobile, and many more. Republic Wireless customers enjoy many benefits such as unlimited talk, text, and data, free mobile phones, no contract deals, no hidden costs, and many more. However, this article will discuss the BYOP service in detail.
Who Qualifies for the BYOP Program at Republic Wireless?
Different mobile phone network provider offers different and unique services. For your old phone to use republic wireless network service, it must be compatible with the network, meaning that it should be using the same network provided by the company. Republic Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that has partnered with T-Mobile and Sprint corporations to offer its services. T-Mobile uses a GSM network, while Sprint corporation uses a CDMA network.
The Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) is a second and third generation of network technology where many signals occupy one transmission channel, optimizing the available bandwidth. The Global System of Mobile (GSM) is a standard created to provide the protocols used by second-generation mobile phones. It is a network technology that is being used in most smartphones today. Therefore, any customer whose mobile phone uses either GSM or CDMA network can use republic wireless services.
How to Bring Your Own Mobile Phone to Republic Wireless?
Customers always check the carrier that provides the best mobile phone deals and plans before subscribing. Getting Republic Wireless Bring your Own phone to the company is one of the best deals many carriers provide to customers who do not want to purchase a new mobile phone. For you to bring your own mobile phone to republic wireless, you should ensure that the phone is;
- Compatible with T-Mobile
- Allows Wifi texting and calling
The BYOP option at republic wireless or any other service provider is simple. It can be done by either visiting the network provider stores for the service or online in person. For the online option, one should follow the procedure below;
- Check if your mobile phone is compatible with the republic network.
- If your device is compatible, order a republic wireless SIM card.
- Once you have your SIM card package, install it in your device and activate it.
- Choose and purchase a republic network plan and enjoy the services.
How to Check If Your Device Is Compatible with Republic Wireless Network?
Mobile phone Compatibility is the ability of any android or iOS operated device to run and execute programs written in an android or iOS environment, respectively. Republic Wireless is only compatible with any unlocked phone or device that uses either GSM or CDMA network. Most cell phone devices in the market today are compatible with the republic network since they operate on either of the two networks.
There are two simple ways to check if your mobile phone is compatible with republic wireless. One is by using the republic network app. Install the app and see if your phone works with the provider’s service. The other way is by using the online IMEI checker option. To check if your device is compatible using the online option, follow the procedure below;
- Visit the republic network website
- Click the button “Enter Your Device ID.”
- Enter your cell phone IMEI number
- Then click the “Continue” button.
If the mobile phone is compatible with the republic network service provider, the IMEI checker will display a 15-digit number. The device IMEI is always written behind the battery, on a sticker on the device box, or can be obtained by simply dialing *#06#. Android mobile phones are the only digital devices compatible with republic wireless network providers.
Therefore, iOS users can opt for other network providers. Republic Wireless does not offer a vast number of mobile phones directly; however, their customers can enjoy a good number of compatible smartphones if they want to bring their own phone. Some of the republic wireless compatible phones in the market today are listed below;
- Samsung Galaxy Note series
- Samsung Galaxy S6/ S7/ S9/ S10/ S20 series
- Google pixel
- Alcatel A30 (5046G/ A576RW)
- Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)
- Lg k30, LG Stylo 5
- Moto e series
What Do I Do If My Phone Is Locked?
Before switching from your previous network service provider, you need to unlock your mobile phone before you can bring it to republic wireless. The mobile phone may be locked because maybe it is under financial obligations or the providers have subsidized the purchase or even provided the phone for free with a mandatory per month contract, which is usually for about 24 months.
Therefore, to unlock the smartphone before the end of a contract, one can contact the service provider to give some headlines. Generally, to unlock your mobile phone, follow the simple procedure below;
- Contact your previous service provider and request an unlock. This must be the original network, not the network of the new SIM you’re trying to use.
- Once you receive the confirmation that your previous provider has unlocked your phone, you can switch off the phone, insert your new SIM card into the SIM card slot, and then turn the mobile phone back on.
- Try the mobile phone’s functionality by making a phone call to find out if the mobile phone is successfully unlocked. If the phone call can be received by another mobile phone, then the phone has been unlocked and can work over the new network. If the call cannot connect, contact your previous network provider to get more assistance.
Some customer care contacts of some network providers include;
- For T-Mobile digital devices, you can contact their customer care at 1-877-453-1304
- Sprint corporation digital devices, you can visit the nearest Sprint Repair offices or call their customer care at 1-888-211-4727
- AT&T cell phones communicate with their customer care at 1-800-331-0500
- Verizon devices, you can contact their customer care at 1-800-922-020
What Are the Republic Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Plans?
Republic wireless network provider has no specific plan for bringing your own phone new customer users, but it offers two types of plans for all customers. Each of the two republic wireless plans comes with unlimited text and talk, and the customer is free to customize the amount of mobile data they want to use. Each gigabyte of mobile data has a specific dollar amount from 1GB at $20/mo to 15GB of data that goes for $90 per month.
1) My Choice Plans
This plan is available for customers who purchase republic wireless cell phones. The plan allows the Sprint and T-Mobile network to use, therefore allowing nationwide network coverage.
2) My Choice Plan-BYO
New customers who bring their own mobile phones to republic wireless company enjoy this plan. However, the plan only uses the T-Mobile network; therefore, my choice plan has more benefits than it.
Generally, republic wireless phone plans can be categorized into two;
3) No Credit Check Single Line Monthly Prepaid Plans
- 1GB of mobile data
- Unlimited texts and minutes
- 1 GB of mobile hotspot
- 20GB of mobile data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 10GB of mobile hotspot
- 35GB of mobile data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 20GB of cell phone hotspot
4) No Credit Check Prepaid Plans with Family Discounts
- 1GB of mobile data
- Unlimited text and talks
- 1GB of mobile hotspot
- 20GB mobile data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 10GBof mobile hotspot
- 35GB mobile data
- Unlimited text and talk
- 20GB of mobile hotspot
T-Mobile and Sprint corporation coverage are robust; hence republic wireless is one of the virtual network providers that offer the best mobile network services nationwide. Being a virtual provider, it offers cheap phone deals and plans since it does not have to spend on rent. Republic Wireless allows customers to bring their own phone when switching to the network. The network provider is only compatible with Android mobile phones, and iPhone users have no option in this network.