Are you from a low-income family and looking for ways to get a free phone from the government in Arizona? If this is the case, this article brings you some good news. You can get a free government phone in Arizona through some federal assistance programs highlighted later. These government-managed programs provide millions of eligible subscribers with free cell phone and wireless services. Besides, low-income households get a free discount covering monthly data, talk, and text.
You may also qualify for a free government phone in Arizona based on two main eligibility criteria. First, you can qualify based on your total household income if it meets your state’s 150% Federal Poverty Guidelines. Another qualifying criterion for a free government phone in Arizona is if you participate in a government-aided program such as WIC, SSI, and others named in the section below.
Most importantly, free phone government programs include the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Lifeline. These programs commit to bringing connectivity and digital equality to low-income Americans. Qualifying households in Arizona can get a single free phone benefit upon qualifying and submitting the eligibility documents. Either way, to receive a free smartphone and monthly phone service from the government in Arizona, you must attain the income or program-based eligibility requirements.
Eligibility For a Free Government Phone Arizona via Lifeline
Most applicants qualify for a free phone through the Lifeline program if their income is 150% or below the federal poverty level. You can also be eligible if you participate in the following government or tribal assistance programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
- SNAP(Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal Head Start (for those with income-qualifying standards)
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Eligibility For a Free Government Phone Arizona via ACP
You can qualify for a free government phone via the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) through participation in the above Lifeline-qualifying program except for income. In this case, you must possess an annual income of 200% or under the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Again, there are additional ACP-eligible programs that you must attain when looking for a free government phone in Arizona. They include:
- Free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program
- Federal Pell Grant
- Enrollment in a participating service provider’s existing low-income program.
How to Prove You Qualify For a Free Government Phone
All applicants must prove that they require free government phone support by supporting their application with the following proof documents:
- A Copy of a State/Federal Government-Issued ID including:
- A Driver’s License(unexpired)
- Driver’s license (unexpired)
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- Military discharge papers
- Tribal Identification
- Current passport
- Naturalization papers
- A Copy of Program Participating Subsidy proof like:
- A Benefit Award Letter
- Approval letter
- School documentation
- Statement of benefits
- Benefits verification letter
- A Copy of Income Proof like:
- Veterans Administration benefits letter.
- Child Support documents
- Social Security benefits letter
- A W-2 forms a recent copy
- A letter from Unemployment or Workman’s Compensation
- A payroll statement or the latest check stubs from your employer
- A Previous year’s tax return
Best Providers of Arizona Free Government Phones
The government doesn’t give a free phone directly to Arizona residents, but through participating cell phone service providers that include the following:
Life Wireless offers government-assisted wireless services through Lifeline and ACP government programs to low-income families and individuals in Arizona. Eligible customers obtain free cell phone service and a free government phone. A free cell phone is available to qualified Arizona subscribers who attain eligibility requirements like government subsidies or a household income of 135% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Apply at https://www.lifewireless.com/enroll/.
This Company offers wireless services using the T-Mobile network. Besides, you may be eligible for free government phone and service if you participate in the Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program.
Arizona can get a free smartphone by enrolling for Assurance Wireless ACP monthly plan offers free unlimited data, including 25GB of high-speed data, free 2.5GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data, and free unlimited text and minutes.
Apply at assurancewireless.com
If you’re eligible for Lifeline and ACP and reside in Arizona, you are eligible for a free government smartphone from TruConnect. Eligible customers receive a plan including free monthly phone service too. Free phone benefit is available by bundling Lifeline or the ACP in Arizona. In this case, you’re eligible for TruConnect’s monthly free plans featuring at least 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data with Wi-Fi hotspot capacity and a free Android smartphone (subject to availability).
Apply at https://www.truconnect.com/states/arizona.
enTouch Wireless is a service provider for free government phones through Lifeline and ACP, covering California and 33 other states. This Company offers a free government phone service to qualifying Arizona individuals. The eligibility requires qualifying by subsidy programs such as Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit or by income.
If you enroll for ACP with enTouch Wireless, you’ll be eligible for free government internet service in Arizona, plus a free phone. The enTouch Wireless Lifeline and ACP combo plan also provide free unlimited talk and text plus 10GB of Data.
Apply at https://entouchwireless.com
How Arizona Residents Benefit from a Free Government Phone
- Eligible households get unlimited texting, monthly minutes, and monthly data, all for free, thus lowering their monthly phone bills.
- Individuals with a free phone provided by the government stand a better chance for education resources and job opportunities.
- A free government phone is a valuable tool in cases of emergency, especially for Arizona residents in remote areas.
- Eligible households can access information online, enjoy communication with family members and friends, and seek entertainment from social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
You may qualify for a free government phone in Arizona by participating in ACP and Lifeline government programs. Individuals are eligible for free government phone service in Arizona based on their income and program participation requirements for these two programs. To apply, you can look for a telecommunication company, including enTouch Wireless, TruConnect, and others that offer free government phones in Arizona.