Among the best federal Lifeline Assistance programs, Assurance Wireless is at the forefront. This Company offers a free cell phone and free phone internet each month to eligible low-income residents in over 40 states. You can qualify for Assurance Wireless Flip Phone if you enroll for Lifeline and qualify based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. Assurance Wireless offers eligible low-income households a free flip with no bills, activation fees, or long-term contracts.
Enrollment for Assurance Wireless flip phone requires meeting eligibility requirements for Lifeline. Then, provide program participation or income proof with your Assurance Wireless application. You can apply for this device if you participate in specific public subsidy programs, like Medicaid or SNAP. You can also be eligible following your household income as per the 2023 Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Assurance Wireless provides several free phones, including Flip phones, to qualifying customers based on availability. You can get a selection of basic flip phones for customers who prefer simplicity and functionality. Assurance Wireless flip phones typically pack essential features, including texting, calling, and voicemail access. However, this device may not support advanced features like mobile data connectivity. Assurance Wireless offers a range of smartphones for customers looking for more advanced features.
Eligibility For Assurance Wireless Flip Phone Through Lifeline
You may qualify for a Flip phone from Assurance Wireless through Lifeline if you or a member of your household participate in one of the below government and tribal land assistance programs:
- (Food Stamps or SNAP) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program /Cal Fresh
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Another way you can also qualify is based on your household income, which falls at 135% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2023.
Features of Assurance Wireless Lifeline
Lifeline is a program supported by the US Federal government that offers free phones and wireless services to many low-income families in America. Eligible Assurance Wireless Lifeline low-income customers receive the following:
- A minimum of 4.5GB of free data monthly
- Unlimited free texts monthly
- A minimum of 1000 free voice minutes monthly
- Free Android Smartphone or Flip Phone
- Free Voicemail Account, Caller ID, and Call Waiting
- Free 911 Access, 211 Unlimited Calls, and Calls to Customer Care
- Ability to Keep Your Current Home or Cell Phone Number
How To Apply Assurance Wireless Flip Phone
Eligible customers can enroll for a flip phone through Lifeline program through any of the following methods:
- Apply online at Assurance Wireless’s official website and tap “Apply Now” to get started.
- Contact customer care at 1-888-898-4888 for step-by-step instructions on the application process.
- Talk to a representative in your neighborhood, and they will help you apply for an Assurance Wireless flip phone.
Documentation For Applying For Assurance Wireless Lifeline
Along with proof of eligibility, you must submit proof of address and identity to get a free Assurance Wireless flip phone.
If applying based on SNAP, Medicaid, or another program, you will need any of the below eligibility documents:
- Benefit ID Card with Name, Expiration Date, or Issue Date printed on card
- Award or Notice Letter of Participation from a legal government agency
- Benefits Statement for qualifying program capturing your name and address and dated within the past 12 months.
If applying based on income, you can submit one of the following documents:
- Last year’s State or Federal income tax return
- Recent income statement from employer
- Federal participation notice letter in General Assistance
- Divorce decree or child support document with income
Or, a copy of one of these statements for three consecutive months (from the previous 12 months):
- Current paycheck stub
- Retirement/Pension benefits statement
- Social Security benefits statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation benefits statement
What Flip Phone Can I Get From Assurance Wireless
The Coolpad Belleza is a flip phone stocked by Assurance Wireless that offers a simple, easy-to-use communication experience through a 2.8-inch LCD. This flip phone has the following features:
4G LTE Connectivity
Enjoy an expanded 4G LTE coverage for text messaging, calls, and sharing videos or photos. The 600 MHz coverage delivers better coverage in rural areas keeping you well connected.
Better User Experience
The flip design protects against accidental calls, while the external screen lets you view messages and alerts easily. The compact size slips perfectly in your pocket, making it convenient to carry. The large keypad, a dedicated camera, and shortcut keys make Coolpad Belleza easy to use.
Coolpad Belleza flip phone from Assurance Wireless packs a powerful Qualcomm QM215 processor with a speed of 1.3 GHz, 1500mAh battery capacity, and a storage capacity of 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage expandable up to 32GB.
- Volte enabled
- Expandable memory
- Large tactile keypads for easy navigation
- Good sound quality
- Hearing aid compatible
- Support WiFi calling
- Mediocre camera
- Not fast charging
Can I Upgrade to Assurance Wireless Flip Phone
The upgrade process is straightforward if you want to upgrade your Assurance Wireless flip cell phone. Follow these easy steps for Assurance Wireless upgrade phone:
- Proceed to the Assurance Wireless online shop at https://shop.assurancewireless.com/phones.html.
- Choose an upgrade phone that suits your needs and your budget.
- After choosing your desired phone, add it to the cart by tapping the “ADD TO CART” button.
- Finally, complete the purchase and wait for the delivery of your phone.
How Do I Activate My Assurance Wireless Flip Phone?
After receiving your flip phone from Assurance Wireless, you can follow the below activation process to enjoy the service:
Step 1: Long press the Power Button to switch on your phone. Allow hands-free activation to connect the device to the Assurance Wireless network and then allow the flip phone to check for updates. The flip phone will power off.
Step 2: Immediately, the phone turns on again; it may prompt you to customize it. You may skip the setup screens and finish Step 3 first.
Step 3: Dial 611 from the keypads and follow the recorded directions.
When prompted, key in your Assurance Wireless Account PIN( at the top of the Assurance Wireless approval letter)
Step 4: Enjoy Assurance Wireless service
You must enroll in a Lifeline assistance program to qualify for an Assurance Wireless flip phone. The eligibility requires participation in a government-aided program or meeting the low-income Federal Poverty Guidelines. Besides, not everyone can get a flip phone from Assurance Wireless. Thus, you must give program participation or proof of income documents to prove eligibility.