Tennessee is a state found in the Southeastern USA. It borders Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Missouri. It is the 16th most populous and the 36th most extensive of the 50 states of the US. Many people in the state need help to afford a tablet due to low income. Since the devices are crucial for day-to-day activities, assisting such people in acquiring the gadgets is essential. Shortly, you will grasp how to get a free government tablet Tennessee.
There are various reasons why the US federal government wants low-income persons to own a tablet. First, the devices are great for entertainment. They have large, high-resolution screens perfect for watching movies, playing games, and reading books. They are also easy to walk with, so you can take them anywhere. Entertainment contributes to the well-being of individuals, which contributes to healthy minds and reduces mental illnesses.
Tablets are also crucial for poverty eradication. They can deliver educational content to students in rural areas without overcrowded schools or schools. They can also be used to offer access to online courses and tutorials. The knowledge assists them to get a better life. Also, the devices provide access to healthcare information and services in rural areas with few doctors or hospitals. They can also monitor patients remotely and provide them with advice and support.
How to get a free government tablet in Tennessee
You can obtain a free tablet in various ways if you reside in Tennessee. They include the following.
1. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government program that provides discounts on internet service to low-income households. The program funding is done by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It is available to households with 200% or lower incomes under the federal poverty guidelines.
In addition to providing discounts on internet service, the ACP also allows eligible households to receive a free tablet. To qualify for a free tablet, you must meet the exact income requirements as you do for the internet service discounts. You must also be able to submit proof of your income and residency.
Suppose you are eligible for a free tablet. In that case, you may apply through the ACP website or by contacting your internet service provider. Once you have applied, ACP will contact you to confirm your eligibility and arrange for your tablet’s delivery. The type of tablet you will receive will vary depending on the availability of devices. However, you can expect to receive a tablet capable of accessing the internet and running essential apps.
If you require a tablet and cannot afford one, consider applying for a free one through the ACP. This program can provide a valuable tool to help you stay linked with friends and family, access educational resources, and find employment.
You can check the tips below to get a free tablet from the ACP.
- Check your eligibility: You can use the ACP’s eligibility checker to determine eligibility for the program.
- Apply for the program: One can apply for the ACP online or by mail.
- Provide proof of income plus residency: If you are approved for the program, you may have to provide proof of your income plus residency.
- Choose a service provider: Once approved for the program, you must choose one service provider to give you a free tablet and other ACP services.
- Receive your tablet: Once you have chosen a service provider, you will receive your tablet in the mail.
2. Tennessee ConnectED
Tennessee ConnectED is a program that provides free tablets to eligible students in grades K-12. The Tennessee Department of Education funds the program, and it is available to students whose families meet specific income requirements.
To qualify for Tennessee ConnectED, your household income must be 200% or lower of the federal poverty guidelines. You can apply for Tennessee ConnectED through your child’s school. If approved for Tennessee ConnectED, your child will receive a tablet and a free or discounted internet service plan. The type of device you receive will vary depending on the availability of devices. However, you can expect to receive a tablet capable of accessing the internet and opening essential apps.
Tennessee ConnectED is a valuable program that can help students stay linked with friends and family, access educational resources, and find employment.
Below are some of the pros of participating in Tennessee ConnectED.
- Students can use their tablets to access educational resources, such as online textbooks, homework help, and tutorials.
- Students can use their tablets to connect with friends and family inside and outside school.
- Students can use their tablets to find employment by applying online or searching for job openings.
3. Local government programs
A few local government programs in Tennessee offer free tablets to needy residents. Grants or donations typically fund these programs and are available to residents with specific income requirements.
The following are a few examples of Tennessee’s local government programs offering free tablets.
- Nashville CARES: Nashville CARES is a nonprofit organization providing services to needy people, including free tablets. To qualify for a free tablet from Nashville CARES, you must meet specific income requirements and be a resident of Nashville.
- Memphis CARES: Memphis CARES is a nonprofit organization providing services to needy people, including free tablets. To qualify for a free tablet from Memphis CARES, you must meet specific income requirements and be a resident of Memphis.
- Knox County Department of Human Services: The Knox County Department of Human Services offers free tablets to residents with specific income requirements. To obtain a free tablet from the Knox County Department of Human Services, you must meet specific income requirements and be a resident of Knox County.
4. Non-governmental organizations
Several non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Tennessee offer free tablets to needy people. These organizations typically provide tablets to people who meet certain income requirements or are facing a specific hardship. They include the following.
- The Salvation Army
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- United Way of Greater Knoxville
There are several options to obtain a free tablet in Tennessee. These include government programs, such as the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), and local government programs, such as Tennessee ConnectED. Some non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Tennessee also offer free tablets to needy people. To qualify for a free tablet, you must typically meet certain income requirements or face a specific hardship. You can learn about the programs available in your region by contacting your local government office or community center.