Mint Mobile is among the mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) in the United States, offering affordable wireless plans. The company was launched in 2016 and operates on the T-Mobile network. Mint Mobile offers a variety of wireless plans that include unlimited talk, text, and data, with different amounts of high-speed data depending on the plan. Customers can pay for their plan monthly, quarterly, or annually, with discounts available for longer-term plans.
ACP means the Affordable Connectivity Program. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) launched the program in the United States in 2021. The program provides eligible households a discount on their monthly internet subscription and a one-time discount on purchasing a computer or tablet. The ACP was created to help low-income households access affordable and reliable internet services. Eligible households can receive up to $30 monthly for internet service and up to $100 for a computer or tablet.
Unfortunately, there isn’t enough information to ascertain that Mint Mobile is among the service providers that offer ACP services. Therefore, you may only get a Mint Mobile ACP plan once the company becomes part of the ACP provider family. However, its network provider, T-Mobile Network, participates in the program. Suppose a T Mobile customer is eligible for ACP. In that case, they can benefit from the discount and save as much as possible. You may also qualify for a device discount to purchase a laptop, tablet, or computer.
How to qualify for the ACP program
Even though there are no ways to get the Mint Mobile ACP program, you can still qualify for ACP through other service providers. You must meet specific eligibility requirements to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Here are the main requirements:
1. Income eligibility
Your household income must be 200% or below the federal poverty guidelines. You can check the current guidelines on the Department of Health and Human Services website.
2. Eligible program participation
To be eligible for the ACP Program (ACP) based on program participation, you or someone in your household must benefit from one of the following federal assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
You can also qualify through Tribal-specific programs such as;
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
If you or someone in your family participates in these programs, you may be eligible for the ACP. You must provide documentation of your participation in the program when applying for the ACP benefit.
It’s important to note that the eligibility requirements may vary per state and the internet service provider you choose. Therefore, it’s recommended that you check with the ACP program or your chosen internet service provider to confirm your eligibility and the required documentation.
Documentation for getting ACP Benefits
When applying for the Affordable Connectivity program, you must have documents proving you are eligible. The documentation requirements may vary depending based on your eligibility.
Here are some of the commonly accepted documents:
- Income eligibility: To prove that your household income is at 135% or below the federal poverty guidelines, you may need to provide documents such as your tax returns, pay stubs, or a letter from your employer.
- Eligible program participation: To prove that you or someone in your household participates in an eligible federal aid program such as SNAP or Medicaid, you may need a copy of your benefits letter, an eligibility notice, or a Medicaid card.
- Loss of income due to pandemic: To prove that you have experienced a significant loss of income due to job loss or layoff since February 29, 2020, you may need to provide documents such as a termination notice or a letter from your employer.
- Enrollment in an eligible Internet service plan: To receive the ACP benefit, you must enroll in an eligible Internet service plan through a participating provider. You may need to provide your internet service provider with your ACP ID number or eligibility letter.
It’s important to note that the specific documentation requirements may vary depending on the internet service provider you choose and your state. Therefore, it’s recommended that you check with the ACP program or your chosen internet service provider to confirm the required documentation.
Application for Gain ACP unlimited benefits
To apply for the ACP, contact a participating internet service provider directly or apply online through the Universal Service Administrative Company’s (USAC) website. Here are the steps to apply:
- Check your eligibility: Before applying, check if you meet the eligibility requirements for the ACP based on income, program participation, or loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Choose a participating internet service provider: Once you confirm your eligibility, choose one that offers an eligible internet service plan.
- Apply online or by phone: You can apply for the ACP benefit through the USAC website or contact your chosen internet service provider by phone to apply. You must provide your personal information, eligibility information, and any required documentation.
- Receive your ACP benefit: Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will receive the ACP benefit on your internet bill and may also receive a one-time discount on a computer or tablet. The benefit amount can vary depending on the internet service plan and your eligibility status.
ACP program rules & regulations
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) has specific rules and guidelines that participating internet service providers and eligible households must follow. Here are some of the main rules:
- Eligibility verification: Participating internet service providers are responsible for verifying the eligibility of households before providing the ACP benefit. Eligible households may be required to provide documentation to prove their eligibility.
- Benefit amount: The ACP benefit provides a monthly discount of up to $30 for eligible households on an eligible internet service plan. The benefit may vary depending on the internet service plan and the eligibility status of the household.
- Limitations on eligible plans: The ACP benefit can only be used for eligible internet service plans that meet the program’s requirements for speed, data, and other features. To participate in internet service, providers must offer at least one eligible plan to qualify for the program.
- One benefit per household: Only one ACP benefit is available, even if multiple household members are eligible.
- Changes to the program: The rules and guidelines of the ACP program may change at any time, and participating internet service providers and eligible households must follow the most up-to-date guidelines.
It’s important to note that the rules and guidelines of the ACP may vary depending on the state you live in and the internet service provider you choose. Therefore, it’s recommended that you check with the ACP program or your chosen internet service provider to confirm the program’s rules and guidelines.
Mint Mobile is a prepaid virtual network operator (MVNO) offering affordable wireless plans. It gets network services from T-Mobile as it uses its network infrastructure. The cellular company offers communication services such as voice calls, text messages, and cellular data. Unfortunately, it does not participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program. However, T-Mobile participates in the ACP program, and you can benefit from its services.