SFone Wireless is an affiliate of Cintex Wireless that provides free unlimited broadband service in Maine, Maryland, Arkansas, Rhode Island, and West Virginia. Besides, the carrier provides a free smartphone, accompanied by free phone service each month, to eligible low-income households in 5 states. To enroll for SFone Wireless free government phone, provide your zip code and email address to start the signing up process.
More importantly, SFone Wireless participates in the Lifeline, a government program designed to enhance the availability of cellphone services to low-income customers. SFone Wireless has partnered with Cintex Wireless to offer a free smartphone through the Affordable Connectivity Program, unlimited free texts, and unlimited free minutes with no contracts or bills every month. To ensure a smooth enrollment process, ensure you qualify and provide the required documentation that proves eligibility.
Moreover, you may qualify for SFone Wireless’s free cell phone and service if you are a recipient of SNAP/CalFresh, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, or other government-sponsored programs. Again, if you are considered low income by having an annual household income that is at 200% or less for ACP or 135% or less for Lifeline, according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you are also eligible. The free government discount is limited to a single device per household and is not transferable between persons.
Best Ways To Get SFone Wireless Free Government Phone
The best way to receive a free government phone from SFone Wireless is through the Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. Lifeline is the FCC’s program that makes communication services more accessible for low-income families. The Lifeline program offers free cell phone service to eligible consumers providing access to education resources, jobs, healthcare, and more. Again, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new FCC benefit program that offers eligible low-income households the broadband service they require to stay connected to the digital world.
Qualification For SFone Wireless Free Government Phone
1. Lifeline Program
Individuals may apply for SFone Wireless free phone through the Lifeline Program based on the federal or state-specific eligibility criteria such as program participation and income level. First, your gross annual household income should be at or less than 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). Again, you may be eligible for Lifeline Service in your area if you are already a recipient of one of the below assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Veteran’s Pension and Survivors Pension Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Eligibility Programs for Residents of Federally-Recognized Tribal Lands including:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribal TANF
- Headstart (meeting income qualifying standards)
2. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- A household is eligible to apply for SFone Wireless free phone through ACP if a member of the household attains at least one of the following criteria.
- A gross annual income that is at or less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- A participant in specific assistance programs, including SNAP, SSI, WIC, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Lifeline;
- A participant in Tribal specific programs, including Tribal TANF, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- An approved recipient of benefits via the school breakfast program or the free and reduced-price school lunch program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2021-2022, 2020-2021, 2019-2020 or academic year;
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant on the ongoing award year
- Attainment of the eligibility criteria for a participating wireless provider’s existing low-income program.
Documentations For SFone Wireless Free Government Phone
When applying for SFone Wireless free government phone, specific eligibility documentation is necessary to verify a subscriber’s qualifications. You can qualify by participating in any of the above programs or may if your household income is at or below the recommended Federal poverty guideline in your state. You can provide one item from each section below to apply for a free government phone and service:
1. Government Program Documentation
You must submit proof of current participation in a federal government assistance program featuring your full legal name, qualifying program names, and the name of the organization that provided the document, plus an issue date within the last 12 months or future expiration date.
The required documents include the following:
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- School documentation
2. Income-Based Documentation
You must obtain a document from a government source featuring your full legal name plus annual income.
The required documents include the following:
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Recent income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Veteran Administration statement of benefits (VA cards alone unaccepted)
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Federal or tribal participation notice letter in General Assistance
- The previous year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are unacceptable)
Applications For SFone Wireless Free Government Phone
You can enroll for a free phone from SFone Wireless Lifeline Service through the below steps:
- Apply online at sfonewireless.com, then submit your zip code and email address to get started.
- You can contact customer care at +1 (855)655-3097 to help you with the enrollment process.
- Talk to a participating representative in your neighbourhood. The representative will help you apply.
For the three application methods, you will need proof of eligibility. Besides, you will be required to give proof of address and identity to be eligible for a free SFone Wireless phone. Immediately after the representative confirms that you are approved for Lifeline service, SFone Wireless will send your free phone.
SFone Wireless BYOP Program
With SFone Wireless, you can select the BYOP option during sign-up and get a SIM card to use your device on the SFone network. You may utilize SFone Wireless with your existing Android, iPhone, or another smartphone with the company’s SIM Starter Kit without activation, overages, or hidden fees.
First, you will need to confirm if SFone Wireless offers network coverage in your area, then ensure your BYOP is unlocked and compatible with SFone Wireless services. The compatible SFone Wireless BYOP devices include:
- Most unlocked, GSM-network cell phones
- Unlocked T-Mobile, AT&T, Simple Mobile, Cricket Wireless, and Straight Talk phones
- Most cell phones with a SIM card
SFone Wireless Compatibility Checker
If you want to bring your own device to SFone Wireless, ensure the device is unlocked and eligible for use with the carrier network. If you have a locked device, it must be unlocked by your current wireless provider to activate it on the SFone Wireless network.
You can check the compatibility at their website. Then, submit your phone’s IMEI number. The IMEI represents a unique 15-digit serial number assigned to every cell phone. To find your device’s IMEI, dial #06# on your phone’s keypad, and the IMEI number will pop up on the screen.
- Alternatively, you can check it in the settings menu.
- Android: Go to Settings > About device > Status
- iPhone: Go to Settings > General > About
SFone Wireless proudly offers eligible low-income customers the opportunity to stay connected by offering free government phones through LifeLine or ACP. SFone Wireless free 4G/5G LTE government smartphone comes with free talk, data, and text each month to eligible customers. Also, you can transfer your Lifeline benefits from your current provider to SFone Wireless.