In this digital era, one of the best feelings is having an iPhone. Wouldn’t it be cool getting such a valuable device for you and your family entirely at no cost? The US Federal government and participating wireless providers such as Safelink offer free devices and cell phone service to eligible low-income families.
Despite the cost of an iPhone being prohibitive, you can get a Safelink free iPhone and connect to the world absolutely with no strings attached. SafeLink Wireless is owned by TracFone Wireless and provides eligible customers with wireless services.
Besides, the Company is proud to participate in LifeLine service and the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). These programs allow qualifying low-income customers to obtain discounts on monthly internet services, plus a free government phone with an assurance that there are no monthly bills on the internet and no contracts.
Most importantly, you can enroll for the Safelink free iPhone or tablet two ways. First, you can apply based on your gross annual household income level or participation in government-sponsored programs.
Besides, you must demonstrate that you are eligible to apply for a free iPhone from Safelink by providing the required documentation. You can apply on SafeLink’s official enrollment website. Or apply via the Lifeline National Verifier website.
Reasons To Choose Safelink Wireless
The most selling point about SafeLink Wireless is that you’ll enjoy service at no cost or contracts. With SafeLink Wireless, you only need to start the application process, provide the necessary documents and qualify for a free phone.
Again, the list of benefits that you will get along with a free Safelink government iPhone if you qualify for Lifeline and ACP programs include the following:
Free Monthly Cell Phone Featuring:
- Unlimited text
- Limited or unlimited talk
- An amount of monthly data
- An amount of hotspot data and international calls
- Other perks, like voicemail, caller ID, 3-way calling, nationwide coverage
- A free cell phone ranging from basic flip phones to iPhones
Qualify for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone
Safelink Wireless free iPhone is available to low-income consumers who qualify based on income or whose household has at least one member that obtains benefits from any of the below programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for (WIC) Women, Infants, and Children
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Free and Reduced School Lunch or Breakfast Program
- Federal Pell Grant
However, some states have additional eligibility under the below Tribal programs:
- Tribal Head Start (only those households attaining its income qualifying standard)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Additionally, consumers not participating in one of the above programs may still qualify by providing documentation of their household income. In this case, according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you can qualify if your gross annual income is at or below 135% for Lifeline or 200% for ACP.
What Documents are Required for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone
In some states, an applicant’s eligibility may get confirmed via a database. However, you must show proof of eligibility when applying for safelink Wireless free iPhone if a database is unavailable. You can demonstrate that you meet the income qualifications or participate in an eligible program by submitting the following:
1. Program Participation Eligibility
If you participate in a government-aided program, submit a letter or official document as proof, including:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
2. Household Income Eligibility
Suppose you qualify for Safelink Wireless free iPhone based on your income. In that case, you must provide a document showing that your annual income is at or less than 200% according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Documents include:
- Last year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Latest income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Child support award, divorce decree, or a similar official document proving your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
3. Identity Verification
When proving your identity, you can attach any of the following with your application:
- A valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Birth Certificate
- US Driver’s license
- Government-aided program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
Applications For A SafeLink Wireless Free iPhone
The convenient way to apply for Safelink free iPhone is online. Proceed to https://www.safelinkwireless.com/ and submit your home zip code in the “ENTER ZIP CODE” in the empty field at the top of the page, then tap the “START” button. Fill in all the required information and documentation and continue until the last step. Once you apply, Safelink Wireless will contact you after a few days concerning your application status.
Alternatively, you can walk into a local Safelink Wireless authorized dealer, apply with all the required document copies, and fill out the application in person. You can open https://www.safelink.com/wps/portal/home/retailers and input your home zip code to locate a place near you.
Restrictions For Safelink Wireless Government Free Phone
Eligible customers applying for a free government phone through Safelink must understand the following restrictions.
- Safelink free government phone applies to one member per household and not per person.
- One household can apply only through a single wireless service provider like Safelink Wireless.
- The benefits are non-transferable to other households.
- You can only apply for one benefit, either a landline or wireless number.
- If you’re already receiving a Lifeline discount for any other internet or phone services, you must terminate it to apply via SafeLink Wireless.
- You can’t submit false statements. If you provide false information, you will get punished by the law.
- You must notify Safelink Wireless within thirty (30) days if you no longer qualify for safelink benefits.
Features and Services of free Wireless SafeLink Government Phones
SafeLink’s ACP plan features unlimited text, talk, and calls to Canada and Mexico. Plus, eligible customers receive 10 GB of monthly high-speed data with 5 GB of hotspot data. The plan includes 3-way calling, 911 access, voicemail, caller ID, 411 directory assistance, and nationwide coverage on America’s leading networks at no extra cost.
On the other hand, SafeLink’s Lifeline and safelink ACP plan offers the most perks, including unlimited text, unlimited talk, and calls to Canada and Mexico. Additionally, eligible customers receive 25 GB of monthly high-speed data, up to 5 GB of hotspot data, and other perks, like voicemail, caller ID, 3-way calling, 911 access, 411 directory assistance at no extra cost, and nationwide coverage on America’s leading networks.
Safelink Wireless bridges the digital divide by offering eligible low-income households in America free iPhones. If you qualify for Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can enroll for Safelink Wireless benefits, including free monthly internet without any contract or bill. Typically, you can qualify and apply for Safelink Wireless free iPhone on income or program-based eligibility, as this guideline explains.