Selectel Wireless is among the many providers participating in the new FCC-managed Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). However, this program helps low-income families stay connected through free monthly internet discounts and a free government cell phone. To get a Selectel wireless free phone, you must meet the eligibility requirements based on government assistance program participation or the low-income level threshold.
Most importantly, Selectel Wireless operates on the Verizon network as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). Besides, it provides various mobile plans from 3G, 4G, LTE, and 5G networks on select devices based on the plan selected. Selectel Wireless also provides mobile phones, some free with the purchase of specified monthly service plans. You can also (BYOP) bring your own phone to use with the carrier’s network.
If you don’t qualify for a Selectel Wireless free phone, the more affordable option is to bring your own cell phone. In this case, you can bring a paid-off, off-contract Verizon compatible device. Again, universal unlocked cell phones from manufacturers like Motorola and Samsung are also typically compatible. You can find great deals on renewed Selectel Wireless compatible smartphones if you don’t have a Verizon-compatible phone.
About The Selectel Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program
The ACP is a Federal Government initiate that replaced the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit. However, this program offers a discount of up to $30 per month to qualified low-income families toward internet service. It also includes mobile broadband of up to $75 per month for households residing on qualifying Tribal lands through Selectel.
Moreover, eligible households can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet from participating providers. To get this discount on the connected device, you must contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the buying price. Qualifying new Selectel Wireless customers will also get a Free Smartphone through the ACP.
Most importantly, the Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to a single monthly service discount and one device discount per household. If you have already obtained a one-time device discount on the expired EBB program, you won’t be able to get the connected device discount on the new ACP program.
You can confirm your eligibility through the National Verifier. In this case, complete the application form and tap ‘Submit.’ Your information will get verified through the National Verifier, and you will get a response with further instructions. If approved, you can proceed to Selectel’s official ACP website to enroll for Selectel Wireless ACP.
How To Enroll in the Selectel Wireless Free Phone
To enroll in the Selectel Wireless free phone program, you must live in one of the states where the carrier offers ACP benefits. Again, you need to be ACP-eligible. The FCC determines ACP eligibility; therefore, they are standard for all ACP providers.
A household can apply for ACP benefits through Selectel if a member of the household attains at least one eligibility criteria below:
- Possess an annual household income equal to or under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guideline depends on the household size and state.
- A household member participates and receives benefits in one of these programs:
- Federal Public Housing (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- School Breakfast Program, or Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school calendar year
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Additionally, you may require to attach proof of eligibility when you apply for the ACP benefits. If you attain one of the qualifications above, you are eligible to get a free smartphone for new Selectel Wireless customers. Besides, you can receive a $30 monthly wireless service plan from Selectel Wireless at no cost until the program ends!
New and existing Selectel Wireless subscribers may enroll in this program. The $30 monthly Service Plan features unlimited text, talk, and 5GB of High-Speed Mobile Broadband each month. However, you can purchase additional high-speed broadband at an extra charge.
What Documents Do I Need to Apply for the Selectel Wireless ACP
The documents to submit during the application process are based on your eligibility criteria.
- You may submit an official document verifying your identity with your full name and date of birth. For instance, a passport, state, government, military or Tribal ID, birth certificate, driver’s license, Green Card, etc.
- To verify your address, you may submit an official document including your full name and current physical address. For instance, an ID, passport, driver’s license, mortgage, utility bill, lease statement, etc.
- You may submit proof of income with your full name and annual income to verify your income-based eligibility. For instance, pay stubs, a tax return, current income statement from your employer, Social Security statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, etc.
- To verify your participation in a qualifying government-sponsored program, you may attach an official document featuring your full name, the name of the qualifying program, the name of the government establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months.
How To Apply for Selectel Wireless ACP
To sign up for Selectel Wireless ACP and receive the benefits, follow the following steps:
Confirm your eligibility through the National Verifier. Proceed to Selectel wireless ACP and fill out the application form by submitting your full name, address, contact information, identity information, eligibility, etc. Then, press ‘Submit.’
Wait for a few days to receive approval from the National Verifier.
After you get approved by the National Verifier, proceed to Selectel Wireless ACP, complete the Selectel Wireless ACP application form, and tap ‘Send.’ Also, you can also finish your enrollment by calling 877-218-5744 for help. Your ACP benefit gets applied to your existing Selectel service, or you can have it with a new service at Selectel or another qualifying provider.
If your application for the ACP is successful, you will get an email with further instructions and a tracking number. Your monthly ACP benefit will ship to your address with a free Selectel Wireless.
The only sure way to get an entirely free Selectel Wireless is through qualifying for Affordable Connectivity Service. However, you may find the free phone when you sign up for a specified Selectel Wireless service, but usually, strings are attached.
First, you must confirm your eligibility, apply, submit the relevant documentation, and wait for your free smartphone to arrive at your shipping address. You can also get a discount on connected devices such as laptops, tablets, and desktop computers through ACP.