Consumer Cellular collaborates with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide nationwide coverage. The wireless company primarily targets adults in their 50s and older with no-contract phones and service plans. You will need to buy a new phone or use an existing one with a new SIM card from the carrier to utilize this amazing carrier.
However, you must activate your phone and SIM card to use the network. Learn more about activate Consumer Cellular by reading this article. You won’t have to worry about the activation process if you choose to buy a new phone from the carrier because you will receive your phone with it already activated.
However, to use an existing phone, you must first buy a new SIM card from the provider, unlock the device, insert the SIM card, and enter the activation code on the box’s back. After that, you can activate the phone online or call the customer support line.
To activate your phone online, go to the company’s official website and log in to the My Account section. After logging in, click on the Equipment activation option, follow the on-screen instructions, and complete the activation.
However, occasionally there may be problems with your activation; as a result, you will need to call customer service to have the phone activated for you once the activation is complete. Need to know more? Let’s get started!
Consumer Cellular Activation Process
Keeping a phone operational on a cell phone network is called Consumer Cellular activation. This procedure connects a particular cell phone with a particular Consumer Cellular customer account and phone number. There must be a network configuration for the network to identify that particular phone as belonging to that customer.
Consumer Cellular SIM card activation is the procedure that enables the MVNO to confirm the identity of a subscriber who is switching to them for the provision of mobile cellular Services.
Authentic ways to activate a Consumer Cellular SIM card
While the new SIM is being activated, keeping your old and new devices with you is a good idea. Use one of the carrier SIM cards to move to Consumer Cellular’s top-rated, no-contract mobile service and keep your existing phone if you have an unlocked GSM phone, such as those formerly used with AT&T or T-Mobile service.
To activate your new SIM card, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Purchase the starter Consumer Cellular SIM kit online.
- You’ll receive a SIM card from the carrier along with an activation code (Your activation code is located on the back of your new cellphone box)
- Discard your old SIM card and insert the new Consumer Cellular One SIM card. Then, start the activation process. However, the previous operator must unlock your phone and make sure it is compatible with GSM networks.
- Type the activation code found on the cell phone box’s back.
- When you see signal bars at the top of the screen on your device, your new SIM has been activated.
Precisely Activate Consumer Cellular Phone
Comparable to many other network providers, Consumer Cellular sells its own smartphones through its website. The prices vary depending on what one wants, and the devices range from flip phones to smartphones. A Consumer Cellular phone can be activated over the phone or online. Your phone will arrive once activated if you request that the network provider assign you a new number.
On the other hand, you must activate it if you are porting or moving your number from another carrier. Observe the steps below:
- Visit the official Carrier website. On the home page, select My Account, then click the Login button in the top right corner of the screen. Alternatively, scroll down the page to find the Login option. Enter your password and phone number to log in, then click the login button.
- You must first register a new account with the carrier if you don’t already have one by clicking on register a new account and Choose “Activate Your Equipment” after signing in.
- Complete the activation process by taking the steps that are required.
- If you cannot follow the steps, simply call Consumer Cellular using a different line, and the activation will be done for you.
The carrier strives to make changing a number from other networks as simple as possible. Only a few details will be requested, and the transfer will be completed in less than 24 hours. It’s simple because you may keep your present phone number and avoid telling your contacts that you have a new one.
It’s not finished yet! To use your phone on the network, you must also configure your APN settings. So, once the activation procedure is complete, you should get the APN settings. For internet and MMS, the APNs are required; keep reading to find out more!
Configure Consumer Cellular APN settings
To program the APN settings into the phone after receiving them, follow the instructions below:
Android mobile devices:
- Open the menu by selecting Settings>>More>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names.
- Select “Always Create a New APN” and fill out the APN field with the precise information you received on your phone.
- Keep the data, then restart your phone.
- Launch your web browser to check the connection. Additionally, make an effort to submit some photos.
- Navigate to Settings – Cellular on the main menu.
- Verify that your cellular data is turned on.
- Find your way to the cellular data network.
- Fill out the Cellular data field with the precise Consumer Cellular APN settings
A Consumer Cellular data package should allow you to use a quick internet connection if you’re successful. However, do not hesitate to contact Consumer Cellular Customer Service if you have issues.
How much does activating a consumer cell phone and sim card cost
The activation of Consumer Cellular phones and SIM cards are free. The activation is free for purchases of new, replacement, and upgraded mobile devices. Along with the free activation, customers also receive free shipping. The free activation and shipment support Consumer Cellular’s goal of giving customers access to mobile convenience at an affordable price.
Advantages of Consumer Cellular Sim Cards Offer
There are several advantages to purchasing a SIM card kit from Consumer Cellular;
- All plans are prepaid, allowing you to choose the desired features and pay each month in advance.
- The same coverage is available whether you operate on one of the three major networks.
- Keep your own phone: If you choose not to spend money on an upgrade to the newest smartphone, they make it simple for you to bring your own phone.
- Low-cost plans might reduce your yearly phone bill by up to $600. Offering half-priced options with the same benefits.
- Switching is simple: just wait for your SIM kit to arrive, insert your new SIM card into your phone, and you’ll be up and running, all within a few days.
What phones work with Consumer Cellular Sim Cards
All phones bought through Consumer Cellular are functional with their network, but this is not always the case with phones bought from other vendors. Thankfully, Consumer Cellular Bring Your Own Device option, which comes with a FREE SIM card, allows anyone who wants to use their current phone or purchase a new one elsewhere and use it with Consumer Cellular.
You can link a phone you already possess to Consumer Cellular service using the company’s FREE SIM card. Your phone must have been unlocked by your former carrier and functional with GSM network technology to be enabled on their service. Its SIM most commonly works with phones used on AT&T or T-Mobile service.
When switching, the firm lets you keep your old phone. You can choose from 29 different cell phone models if you need a new one. The iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and Motorola phones are the carrier phones. The following are some of the most popular phones:
- iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 mini
- Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 5G, and the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G.
- Moto G Pure and Motorola One 5G Ace
- Phone 12,
- The iPhone SE (2022 model)
Consumer Cellular is a well-known MVNO in the U.S offering cellular service using the network and infrastructure of AT&T and T-Mobile. The company has an option for you to buy a new phone that is activated already, or you can use your phone by ordering a new Sim card online.
Once the SIM card is mailed, insert it into your phone and activate it by entering the activation code provided. As explained in the article, you can activate your phone online on Consumer Cellular or through customer care.