Simple Mobile is a prepaid wireless services provider in the United States owned by TracFone Wireless. The carrier was launched in 2009 and is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator under T-Mobile’s network. If you wish to switch from/to the carrier with your current phone, it should be unlocked. So, how can you unlock a Simple Mobile phone?
An unlocked phone is not bound to any particular carrier, primarily your previous provider. If you switch from the Simple Mobile network, you should unlock your phone, particularly if you will join your new provider with the device. There are various ways that you can do to achieve this, which will be discussed in this article.
Simple Mobile phones operate using T-Mobile’s GSM network. It is a nationwide network with 4G LTE and 5G networks; hence the connectivity is stable for all its customers where it is available. If you have an unlocked phone from another provider, you can switch with it to the Simple Mobile network. However, you must ensure that it is GSM enabled and thus compatible Simple Mobile.
How do you know you are eligible for Simple Mobile phone unlock?
Before you proceed to request the unlocking of your phone, you must ensure your phone meets the Simple Mobile unlock policy requirements. These include:
- The customer should request the unlock.
- Your phone should have been activated on the Simple Mobile network for at least 12 months, with service plans redeemed for not less than 12 months.
- The phone should be in good standing, i.e., not reported stolen or lost, or associated with fraudulent activities.
- Your Simple mobile account should be in good condition, and you are eligible to request an unlock only once in twelve months.
What is the way to unlock Simple Mobile phone?
You can unlock your Simple Mobile phone in different ways. It can be done for free or use other means that require you to pay some fee. The safest way is to use the carrier’s customer service. You need to:
- Contact Simple Mobile customer service at 1-888-442-5102 to request the unlock. You will be needed to issue out the details the attendant will ask you. These details include your phone’s IMEI number, models, etc.
- Wait for an unlock code. The request takes about two business days to be processed. After that, they will send an unlock code via your email.
- After receiving the code, you should enter it into your phone according to the instructions given. You should power off your phone first, insert your new carrier’s SIM card, power it on, and then put the unlock code you received. After entering the code, the phone will be free to operate on another carrier’s network.
The other includes using third-party websites like DirectUnlocks. You only need to have your phone’s IMEI number, but you will pay according to the phone’s model with this one.
Simple Mobile is an American MVNO from TracFone Wireless and uses T-Mobile’s nationwide GSM network for operation. If you wish to join the carrier with your current phone, ensure it is unlocked from the previous provider. Also, if you wish to join another carrier from Simple Mobile, you have first to unlock your phone. You should meet the unlock policy requirements and follow the unlocking process explained above.