Consumer Cellular is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator in the US established in 1995. The carrier offers its wireless services primarily to residents over 50 years; seniors. It has cellphone plans, deals, and other accessories which are pretty affordable. Can we say that Consumer Cellular is an excellent wireless provider? Read this article which will help you answer your question and choose your primary carrier.
Consumer Cellular’s strategies have been focused on subscribers who require a phone but aren’t significant users since its inception. Clients can choose as low as 1GB of data from options that include unlimited call and text. You may acquire a plan for as little as $20 per month, making its entry-level plans among the most cost-effective wireless service industry.
Currently, it has over 4 million subscribers across the US. The reason for all these many customers is the services the carrier offers. The carrier sells new quality smartphones in its online stores. You can also bring your current phone if you wish when switching. Consumer Cellular also participates in the lifeline program hence benefiting eligible low-income customers.
Is Consumer Cellular good?
Consumer Cellular can be termed as a good and reliable carrier considering its services and the high rankings the carrier gets from its customers. Among the many reasons why it can be said to be a suitable carrier include:
- Cheap no-contract phone plans: you can get a plan from as low as $15 per month, and its plan includes unlimited talk and texts and high-speed data. They require no contract; hence you can change a plan if you wish. You can also add more lines to get discounted family plans. Check on its website to see all these plans and select the one that favors you.
- Excellent and reliable network coverage: since it leases services from AT&T and T-Mobile, you are assured of a reliable internet connection at any place in the US. You will experience a nationwide 4G LTE and 5G network, enhancing faster connections.
- You can keep your current phone and your old number when switching. Notably, it has many compatible devices that can operate with its network well.
- AARP Discounts: Any AARP member gets a 5% discount on the carrier’s prices and a $10 credit if you refer a friend.
- A reliable customer service: the experience with the carrier’s customer service is rated highly and consistently receives high marks when taking care of customers. If you need any assistance, you can reach them at 1-888-345-5509.
- Consumer cellular lifeline program: with the carrier offering lifeline services, all eligible residents can get discounted services and access broadband services with ease.
What network does Consumer Cellular use?
Consumer Cellular uses networks of AT&T and T-Mobile since it is an MVNO and lacks its own network towers. Hence, its customers enjoy comprehensive coverage while in the US. Therefore, it is a GSM carrier; hence most Compatible phones since almost all the latest phones use the GSM network.
Consumer cellular is a famous American MVNO that mainly offers its services to senior citizens. The carrier uses AT&T and T-Mobile’s cellular networks to offer its cheap and affordable services. Its customers are assured of saving on their phone bills, and hence the carrier can be termed as a reliable carrier if you are interested in joining.