Spectrum Mobile is among the largest internet service providers in the United States and operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. The carrier launched in 2014 and operates using Verizon cellular network. Currently, it has over 27 million residential broadband consumers and serves over 40 states. You may want to know, is Spectrum Mobile good?
Spectrum Mobile offers internet services via hybrid fiber-coaxial cable connections to households and business places. It is a broad company as it offers numerous services. These include Spectrum internet, TV, Voice, and mobile services, and after deciding the service you want, you can follow the necessary but straightforward procedure to acquire the service.
Notably, the carrier operates using Verizon towers, a primary internet provider in the US, showing that Spectrum Mobile is a CDMA carrier since Verizon uses this technology. Spectrum Mobile may be a suitable carrier depending on how you have benefited from it. However, this article guides you when making your decision by comparing this carrier with other carriers for new customers.
Is Spectrum Mobile a good provider?
Although Spectrum Mobile has high rankings as a reliable service provider, the conclusion of settling on it as your primary carrier will depend on yourself. The following are some of the reasons why the customers consider Spectrum Mobile a good carrier:
- Numerous and reliable phone plans: Spectrum Mobile has unlimited data and business plans and has among the cheapest TV and voice packages. The internet plans have faster download and upload speeds, with the Spectrum internet Gig plan having up to 1Gbps download speeds.
- Reliable connection type: the carrier uses hybrid fiber-coaxial cable connections, ensuring dependable connectivity compared to some other carriers that use the DSL, fixed wireless, or even satellite connections.
- Excellent network coverage: since it uses Verizon towers, the carrier covers more areas of the US. If you join the network, you will enjoy the 4G LTE and 5G network if your phone is enabled, even in rural areas.
- Quality phone deals: the carrier covers all the latest Apple and Android devices in its stores if you need to buy a new phone. These devices are reliable and will benefit you.
- The carrier has reliable customer service, and you can contact them at 1-833-224-6603, available 24/7if you need assistance.
- Spectrum Mobile includes a mobile hotspot at no extra charges on its plans. Notably, for the unlimited plans, the speeds will be reduced to a maximum of 600 Kbps after 5GB of hotspot data usage during the billing cycle, which is still a reliable speed.
- Many subscribers: having over 27 million customers, Spectrum Mobile is quite a reliable provider.
- Spectrum has unique offers for bars and restaurants with the Spectrum business internet.
How can you get Spectrum Mobile internet services?
To acquire the carrier’s internet services, you require a cable, a non-switched power outlet, a modem, and an outlet for a separate router. After that, you have to:
- Check if it is available in your area: visit the carrier’s official website and confirm this at the coverage map.
- Decide on a plan: among the numerous plans offered, select the one that suits you best.
- Plan for installation: you can buy the equipment and d self-installation or schedule qualified personnel to help you.
Spectrum Mobile is a popular MVNO in the US that uses Verizon network towers to offer its cable services to customers. Currently, it has over 27 million customers indicating that it’s a reliable provider. However, whether Spectrum Mobile is a suitable carrier or not depends on how you know it and how you have ever benefited from its services.