Cricket Wireless has increased its service for users who choose prepaid services over contract plans. If you want to use your phone right away when you receive it and join the over 19 million Cricket Wireless customers, all you have to do is activate your handset. You may either choose to activate cricket phone for free online or pay $25 to get it activated in a store.
Cricket makes it simple to find the best phone for your needs. Customers can choose from a wide range of phones from high-quality manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC, LG, and even Apple. With so many phones to pick from, it’s easy to select the right one for you. Furthermore, Cricket frequently runs promos and deals for new customers, making purchasing a new phone simple and economical.
Whenever you switch to Cricket Wireless, you can purchase a new phone or keep your old one if it’s compatible. You can keep your phone number in either case. It’s vital to remember that you’ll need to activate your phone and SIM card before you can use Cricket Wireless. As a result, this article provides a helpful guide on how to activate your phone for free with Cricket and some background information on the company’s operations.
How Does Cricket Wireless Operate?
Cricket Wireless is an AT&T-owned prepaid provider that offers low costs on access to the AT&T network. Cricket only uses the AT&T network, with all options including LTE and 5G. Their phone plans have no contract and no credit check, unlike signing up for AT&T service. Most unlocked phones are compatible with the Cricket Wireless, making it a quick and straightforward option to acquire outstanding coverage.
For years, AT&T has been constructing one of the world’s largest and fastest LTE networks. Cricket subscribers will have access to the great bulk of AT&T’s network; similar speeds are achievable if things don’t get too crowded. This network is also very compatible with unlocked phones, making it a convenient way to connect.
Cricket offers four different phone plans, all of which include unlimited talk and text in the United States and Cricket Call Defense. Cricket Call Defense is a piece of software that can detect and block fraudulent phone calls and spam and telemarketing calls. A $5 auto pay discount is available on all Cricket plans save the 5GB option. To take advantage of these services, you must first register.
Why Switch to Cricket Wireless?
Cricket is one of the MVNOs with many perks in store for both new and existing customers. If you switch to the company, you will enjoy the following;
i) Phone Selection
When you switch to Cricket Wireless, you can purchase a new phone or keep your old one if it’s compatible. You can keep your phone number in either case. You must generally bring your phone number to the service and activate it on a plan that qualifies to acquire a phone for free.
Additionally, Cricket now provides a phone payment plan through Progressive Leasing, although most customers shouldn’t need it because many handsets are available for under $100.
ii) Network Coverage
In August of 2020, Cricket Wireless launched its countrywide 5G network. Although the carrier is owned by AT&T and uses AT&T’s network, roaming coverage may differ in some places. The next-gen network is exclusively available to Cricket Unlimited More users and data-only subscriptions. If you want to try AT&T’s 5G network, Cricket is still one of the cheapest options.
iii) Plans and Pricing
Cricket Wireless has two unlimited plans and two fixed-data plans for you to choose from. The cheapest package starts at $30 per month for a single line of service. Because the services have no hidden charges, you will only pay for what you use; thus, there will be no unexpected monthly fees. Taxes are included in all Cricket plans, and there is no commitment or credit check required.
iv) Customer Service
Cricket Wireless’s customer care capabilities are more extensive than many prepaid competitors. Cricket offers retail locations across the country where you may obtain assistance with your account. Customer service is also available by live chat and by phone at 1-800-CRICKET. Cricket stands out because it offers in-person and phone customer service, whereas some online-only cellphone carriers offer chat help.
How to Activate Cricket Phone for Free?
When you obtain a new Cricket Wireless phone, you want to start using it right away. You can get help with the activation procedure by calling the Cricket Wireless customer support team. You may, however, activate cricket sim card or new phone online for free or use Breeze-Thru. New phones with new numbers may activate automatically after eight days from the mailing date in some situations.
You will be able to use your new mobile phone as soon as you get it. If you’re adding an extra line to your account, you must first activate it before ordering another. It’s also worth noting that if you’re a new Cricket subscriber with numerous service lines, you will have to activate your entire account at once.
Moreover, make sure you have the correct SIM card on each phone before you start the activation process. Along with your order number, enter any phone number associated with your account. Generally, the activation procedures are as follows;
1) Online Activation
If you order your phone online, you must activate it on the Cricket Wireless website. Follow the simple steps below to complete activation:
- Insert the SIM card that came with your phone before turning it on.
- Locate your order number and your phone number (both of which can be found in your confirmation email and the packaging slip in your order).
- Visit the Cricket Wireless website. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, select “Activate.”
- To activate your new phone, follow the on-screen instructions.
- When activating your phone, make sure you know your four-digit PIN.
2) Activating Directly from Phone
Following these steps will allow you to activate your new phone immediately from your phone:
- You may activate your device without calling customer support by using Cricket Breeze-Thru online.
- Switch on your new phone.
- Follow the on-screen procedure to set up your device.
- You’ll get a text message with a setup link that will walk you through the rest of the procedure.
You need the following items to use Cricket Breeze-Thru:
- Universal SIM card kit
- A GSM-compatible unlocked smartphone.
- If you’re transferring your current phone number to your new phone, you’ll need your current wireless bill.
- Method of payment for the first month of service
How Can I Activate My Phone Purchased from a Non-Cricket Retailer?
If you buy your phone or SIM card from a store other than Cricket Wireless, such as Amazon, Walmart, or Target, you’ll have to undergo a different process to activate your service. To begin the activation procedure, you will need the following items:
- A non-Cricket retailer’s SIM card and device OR a non-cricket retailer’s Universal SIM card kit and a GSM-compatible unlocked device
- A scanned copy of your most recent wireless bill (if you want to transfer your number)
- To pay for your first month’s service, you’ll need a debit/credit card, a Cricket Refill Card, or a Service Payment Card.
- Your Cricket Account PIN, which is four digits long. To change your PIN, follow these steps.
To begin the activation procedure, visit cricket wireless join and follow the step-by-step instructions listed below. You can contact the customer-friendly support team via a call or online chat if you need assistance during the setup process.
- Use the Internet to set up your SIM card or device. To do so, double-check your ICCID and IMEI numbers before pressing the proceed button. The ICCID number is printed on the giant card that comes with the SIM card, but the IMEI number may be obtained by dialing *#06# or navigating through the settings on your phone.
- If you’re an existing customer, you must choose to add a new line to your account or change the device on a current one. At this moment, you can sign in to your account.
- Select a rate plan and any extra add-on options, and then click Continue.
- Select “Get a Cricket Number” or “Transfer Your Number” as your phone number option. (You will finish the transfer later.)
- Then, as described before, complete the online activation process and enjoy Cricket Wireless’ services.
Cricket Wireless is a well-known MVNO in the United States that offers some excellent prepaid services. The company is owned by AT&T, one of the largest carriers in the United States, and hence provides nationwide coverage to over 19 million consumers.
This is, without a doubt, a carrier to which you should subscribe. It would be best if you merely had a cricket-compatible phone and a plan to use the company’s low-cost services.