Sparklight is a significant broadband communications provider and a subsidiary of the Cable One family of brands. However, the Company serves hundreds of thousands of residential and business customers in 21 states.
Sparklight offers subscribers diverse connectivity options and entertainment services, including Sparklight free internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions. Through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible households can benefit from a free internet discount from Sparklight.
Formerly known as Cable One, this wireless provider is available to nearly 5 million Americans and provides service in rural and suburban areas. To date, the corporate parent company operates as Cable One, but its residential internet service changed to Sparklight in 2019.
However, some Sparklight internet plans are available and approved by the FCC for the ACP. Interestingly, there are no contracts, so you don’t have to worry about a long-term commitment.
Most importantly, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is an initiative by FCC to help households unable to pay for Internet service. The program offers a monthly discount for an eligible household in non-tribal and tribal Lands in Oklahoma towards broadband service.
Besides, this program is available to both current and new Sparklight Internet customers. It applies to only one member per household, and it’s non-transferable from one person to another.
Quicks Facts About Sparklight
- Sparklight (previously Cable One) ranks as the 9th largest cable provider and forms part of the best internet option for rural areas in the United States.
- Sparklight offers service in 21 states.
- Sparklight provides Cable and Fiber internet access.
- Sparklight provides service in 1,122 zip codes nationwide.
Apply For Sparklight Free Internet – The Steps
If you are confident that you attain any eligibility requirements, you can apply for the Sparklight ACP and get free internet. The following steps guide you through enrolling in the Sparklight Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
STEP 1: Fill Out the Online Application Form
Complete the online form with your legal contact information. However, you have to offer all the required details, including Personal Information or ID and any necessary documentation to prove your eligibility.
STEP 2: Get Approval
To check whether you qualify for Sparklight free internet or not, proceed to ACP benefit qualify. Since it’s an automatic process, it usually takes around 20 minutes to verify the documents and information. Notably, don’t proceed to step 3 until you have received ACP application ID.
STEP 3: For Existing Internet Customers
For existing Sparklight Internet customers, you can access the application and apply for the Sparklight Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits.
STEP 4: For New Internet Customers
- Proceed to Sparklight internet and confirm the ACP program eligible plans. Then, select which plan is right for you, and after that, begin your online order.
- In the next step, you will see the ACP eligibility option in the payment section of the offer. Please tick the box Yes, I am eligible and fill in the required information that includes your ACP application ID. This section will also enlighten you about the ACP’s disclosure information and terms and conditions.
- Immediately after completing your order, FCC will enroll you in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Benefits Of Sparklight Free Internet
Sparklight takes pride in participating in the FCC Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help provide free and reliable internet connectivity to customers struggling to afford Internet service.
The federally funded FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a permanent service that helps households pay for high-speed internet service. Anyone can apply for this program, but you have to qualify according to some eligibility requirements.
Through the ACP, the qualified households will get a discount of up to $30 per month for non-tribal residents using Sparklight internet service. And $75 per month on qualifying Tribal lands in Oklahoma.
Additionally, if you don’t qualify for this program, there are other ways you can get free internet at home without paying. ACP is available for both the new and existing Sparklight customers, plus the ACP is non-transferable and limited to one discount per household.
Ultimately, Sparklight offers a low-cost internet plan to enable low-income families to afford internet services during the pandemic challenges.
Sparklight Affordable Connectivity Program Eligibility
The Federal Communication Commission is the body that regulates the ACP and selects beneficiaries following some eligibility terms. However, a household can receive the Sparklight free internet after meeting the specific criteria. If your household attains any of the FCC criteria below, then it’s eligible for the ACP. The eligibility requirements include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipient
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient
- Medicaid recipient
- Federal Public Housing Assistance recipient
- Tribal-specific programs recipients:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Income that equals to or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs recipient
- Approved for free or reduced lunch program via USDA Community Eligibility Provision beneficiaries
- Received Pell Grant in the current award year
- Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) beneficiaries
Features Of The Sparklight Internet
When looking for Sparklight internet plans, or cable one internet plans, it’s necessary to consider some of the other benefits. However, below are some features you might factor in:
a) Unlimited Data Package
If you utilize your internet to watch television and movies, your binge-watching patterns could deplete data quickly. Thus, you should consider the unlimited data feature. For $40/month extra, there are no worries about your internet slowing down or additional charges once you attain your data cap.
b) A Year’s Worth Of Binge-Watching
New customers who switch to Sparklight receive a $12.99/month discount offer for a streaming service like Netflix for 12 months.
c) Connect Your Home
The Company provides a Wi-Fi connection in every home when you utilize a Sparklight modem for an additional $10.50/month. However, Sparklight is confident in the performance of its modem, giving a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Interestingly, if you are unhappy with the speed in your home, you can get a credit for activation or installation charges.
d) Sparklight Pros
- No contract – when you choose Sparklight as your next carrier, you’re under no obligation to be a customer if you’re not satisfied with the service Sparklight provides. You are at liberty to leave the carrier at any time.
- Bundling options – If you want more than just internet service, you’re okay with Sparklight. The Company provides several different packages whereby you can mix and match TV, internet, and phone.
- Credit for a streaming service – You can sign up for Netflix for one year using the $12.99/month credit from Sparklight.
e) Sparklight Cons
- Data caps – If you’re a die-hard streamer of video, then the data allowance for each package might be insufficient for you each month if you don’t pay $10 for each additional 100GB of data. However, if you don’t want a data cap, you can upgrade to the unlimited data plan for an extra $40/month.
Sparklight is one of the prominent broadband internet providers and a subsidiary of Cable One Family of brands that serves around 900,000 customers in 21 States. However, Sparklight makes the internet cheap through the Affordable Connectivity Program that offers free internet services to eligible households.
The Sparklight free internet offers apply to new and current internet customers who meet the eligibility requirements by the FCC. Additionally, the Company is reliable for high-speed internet, Wi-Fi solutions, phone services, cable television, etc.