T-Mobile is one of the four major phone network services providers in the United States situated in Bellevue, Washington DC. The company merged with Sprint Corporation and now is the leading, most reliable, and fastest 5G network provider. T-Mobile offers a variety of plans to residents using either mobile phones or tablets, including unlimited talk, text, and data plans. The company has quality T-Mobile data plans for tablets which are pretty affordable, as elaborated in this article.
This company uses the GSM network to deliver its services to its customers. This refers to the Global System of Mobile, which entails a standard that specifies the protocols that second-generation mobile phones must follow. Notably, most phone networks use this technology worldwide; hence most phones and tablets are compatible with T-Mobile. They include iOS and Android-operated digital devices. You can purchase T-Mobile phones, tablets, and plans all in one place at the T-Mobile store to acquire these devices.
A tablet is just like a smartphone in terms of performance and design, but it is more substantial than a mobile phone. T-Mobile offers various device brands with various sizes and features. Additionally, the carrier offers free tablets when you participate in the Affordable Connectivity program. Let’s dig more to understand more about this company and the plans like the tablet plans.
How can you join T-Mobile?
The procedure is simple for any interested resident who wishes to join T-Mobile and enjoy its services. You can purchase a new device or opt to bring your own phone (BYOP). When purchasing a new device, T-Mobile’s online store has a variety of phones that are also compatible with the network. The company also has T-Mobile tablet deals for tablet lovers; hence you can visit the store and acquire one of your choices.
However, if you decide to bring your device to the network, it is good if you first confirm its compatibility. If your phone or tablet uses the GSM network technology, it is automatically compatible with T-Mobile. The device’s IMEI number is used when confirming compatibility using the T-Mobile online IMEI checker. Again your device should not be bound to any particular carrier; hence it should be unlocked. After confirming this, you can then:
- Get a SIM card and choose a plan: You are needed to buy a T-Mobile SIM card after you have confirmed your phone’s eligibility and then insert it into your device. After that, you can pick one of the most excellent value-for-money plans to enjoy the T-Mobile network.
- Back up your data: with T-Mobile, you can keep your data, contacts, photos, etc., when you switch as you will be directed on how to do this and transfer your number.
What are the best T-Mobile data plans for tablets?
T-Mobile has the best plans for tablet users that you can get and enjoy performing your internet-related activities using your tablet. As explained below, these plans mirror the available smartphone plans but only that these are specifically meant for tablets considering that their features and costs differ. Additionally, when you add a tablet plan to an existing T-Mobile account with one or more active voice lines, the tablet plan is discounted by $40 per month. These postpaid tablet plans are:
i) T-Mobile essentials plan for tablets
This plan is among the affordable unlimited data plans for tablets offered by the company. It is mainly meant for existing T-Mobile essential clients. If you have an active voice line, you can add this plan to your account for $20/ month. However, its price is reduced to $15/month with a $5 AutoPay discount. If you wish to acquire the plan as a standalone plan without the voice line, you can have it at $55/month with AutoPay. The plan comes with:
- Unlimited 4G LTE data and 5G data on your tablet. 5G data only applies to 5 G-enabled devices.
- Mobile hotspot data at maximum 3G speeds up to 600 Kbps
- 200MB of domestic roaming data
- 480p video streaming quality
- Unlimited music streaming
- Unlimited international texting to 210+ destinations
- Unlimited 2G data and text in Mexico and Canada
ii) T-Mobile Magenta plan for tablets
You may add the plan to your existing account for just $20/month with auto-pay or $25/month without auto-pay. Magenta plan for Tablets, like the ordinary Magenta plan, includes all taxes and fees in the pricing in that you pay for what you see. If you want to use this plan with no voice line on your account, the cost is $60 per month with auto-pay. This plan is intended for existing Magenta plan subscribers, although there are other T-Mobile new customer deals that you can check out.
The plan features include:
- Unlimited 4G and 5G LTE data with the 5G only applicable to 5G enabled tablets.
- 200MB of domestic roaming data.
- Unlimited hotspot data with speeds up to 600 Kbps.
- Stateside unlimited international texting.
- International Texting and mobile data speed up to 128 Kbps to over 210 destinations.
- Unlimited texting in Canada and Mexico with up to 5GB of high-speed 4G LTE data.
iii) Magenta Plus tablet 10GB plan
This T-Mobile tablet plan price is $30 per month with auto-pay and when added to an account with an existing voice line. The cost is $70 per month with no voice line. Magenta customers can also add the PlusUp add-on to their tablet plan and make it a Magenta Plus Tablet plan with a few extra features. The differences between this plan with the Magenta tablet plan explained above are:
- 10GB of high-speed hotspot data with unlimited hotspot data of 600 Kbps
- 1080 HD video streaming quality in the US.
- Two times the international data speeds, i.e., up to 256 Kbps.
iv) Magenta Plus tablet 20GB plan
The Magenta Plus Tablet 20GB plan, which costs $5 more per month, doubles the high-speed hotspot internet from 10GB to 20GB. It has all of the same features as the previous plan. This plan costs $35 per month and includes auto-pay and an active voice line. It costs $75 per month with auto-pay as a standalone plan.
v) Magenta plus tablet 30GB plan
Using this plan, you can raise your hotspot data to 30GB for an extra $10 per month. With auto-pay and an active voice line on your account, this plan costs $45 per month. If you wish to use this plan as a standalone, the cost is $85 per month with auto-pay. This plan entails the same features as the regular Magenta Plus tablet plan.
What tablet deals does T-Mobile have for its customers?
For quality deals on tablets, visit the T-Mobile online store. The company has among the latest deals, which include:
- IPad Air 5th generation: its price is $749.99, but you can acquire it by using installments of $30/month for 24 months.
- IPad 9th generation: this one costs $459.99, but you can pay for it monthly at $18/month for 24 months.
- IPad mini 6th generation: its total price is $649.99, but you can have it and be paying $25/month for 24 months.
- IPad pro-11-inch 3rd generation: the device goes for $279.99 or installments of $30/month for 24 months.
- Samsung Galaxy tab s8+ 5G: The device costs $1,099.99, although it has a starting price of $30/month for 21 months.
- Samsung Galaxy tab A7 Lite: This one is one of the tablets in the T-Mobile free tablet deals; you can have it for free when you add a tablet line. However, its total price is $199.99.
- Samsung Galaxy tab s7 FE 5G: its total price is $669.99, or pay it in installments with a starting price of $11.04/month for 24 months. You can get it with 50% off the price when you add a tablet line.
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go: this one costs $749.99, or you can pay for it at $30/month for 24 months.
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go: it goes for $359.99 total price or $4.12/month for 24 months. You can have it at $99 when you add a tablet line.
Does T-Mobile have tablet offers for low-income households?
Low-income people of all ages cannot afford access to the internet due to a lack of devices and high-speed internet. However, several programs in the US enable such people to acquire devices for free such as tablets, and hence they can be able to carry on their online activities. One of the programs is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Formerly, this program was called Food Stamps.
T-Mobile is currently offering emergency internet services to ensure that those affected may get online quickly, especially by the pandemic. It offers an Emergency Broadband Benefit that provides high-speed internet connectivity to a home in need. This company also offers free tablets with food stamps, although you must be qualified to benefit. You must ensure you have eligibility standards as per the requirements so that you may get the free tablet.
T-Mobile is a major and the leading 5G network provider in the United States. It offers several phone plans and deals to its customers and new customers at affordable prices. The company also has various tablet data plans for those customers using tablets. They only need to visit the company’s website and acquire one and enjoy the plan. Additionally, the company offers free tablets in collaboration with food stamps for low-income people.