The US Federal government, through qualifying wireless companies and other non-profit organizations, provides programs that support low-income families and other needy people with free tablets. However, the government now gives free tablets to low-income families upon meeting the eligibility requirements. If you come from low-income family background and require a tablet for your education and other purposes, you need to know what company is giving free tablets.
Therefore, if a low-income household member wants a free government phone and tablet, you have to complete the application form. Again, you have to meet the eligibility criteria required by the Federal communication commission. Other charitable and non-governmental organizations also have the eligibility requirement to pass through the screening process for a free tablet offer. After submitting the required documentation and verifying, you can receive your free tablet and enjoy the digital world.
Moreover, government-free laptops or tablets have a limited supply; hence strict rules must get followed. If you fail to qualify for a free tablet through the government, you can also apply for other alternatives from local and non-profit organizations. These companies help needy individuals and students from low-income households with free laptops and tablets.
Way To Get A Free Tablet From Government
The federal government usually allocates some funds to assist low-income households to get a free tablet or a free cell phone. Currently, you can qualify for a free tablet from the government through the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Qualification For Free Government Tablet
There are different qualification categories for free government tablets and general eligibility criteria that apply to the individuals who can qualify for a free tablet.
- You can qualify through participation in federal government programs or if your household has the recommended income-based qualifications.
- You may quality if you are a student from a financially strained family.
- You are eligible if you are a member of the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- You can qualify if you have some form of disability.
Notably, the eligibility criteria differ from one state to another. Therefore, ensure to understand the government’s or organization’s official website requirements. Besides, ensure you have all the needed documents before sending an application. Applicants who submit all the necessary information and documents stand a higher chance of obtaining the free tablet.
Documents That Are Necessary To Apply For Free Tablet
Generally, the documents you will submit depend on your eligibility category, such as the category of free tablets with food stamps. Again, it depends on the state and the organization you are applying with. Thus, it’s advisable to check the state and organization’s official websites about the valid eligibility criteria and the needed documents.
Notably, any proof of eligibility approval depends on the corresponding staff, and additional documents may be necessary. Screenshots, hand-written documents, and other ungenuine documents may be unacceptable.
Documentation For Qualification Through Another Federal Government Program:
You need to submit proof of current enrollment in a federal government assistance program, including certification on:
- Adult and Child Mental Health Case Management
- Employment Services (for income-based in your state)
- Financial Assistance, like GA, TANF, etc. (an up to date letter showing current eligibility is required)
- Food Support (a dated form showing current eligibility is required)
- Head Start
- Extended Foster Care
- Federal Pell Grant
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance (must say “MA” or “Medical Assistance” on it)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Section 8, Group Residential Housing (GRH) or Federal Public Housing Assistance
- The Reduced Lunch Program or National School Lunch Program’s Free
Documentation For Qualification Through a Disability:
- You must submit a document from a government source showing any form of disability.
Documentation For Qualification Through Income:
You must submit documentation from a government entity showing that your current income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, such as:
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- A federal or tribal notification letter of participation in General Assistance
- An Unemployment/Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A Social Security benefits statements
- A Veteran Administration benefits statement (VA cards alone unacceptable)
- The last year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are unacceptable)
Other General Documents Required:
- Eligibility proof document
- Residence proof
- Income proof or salary slip
- A photo ID proof
- Contact information
- Income proof or student information
Best Providers Of Giving Free Tablets
Currently, not all ACP providers give Affordable Connectivity Program tablets; however, below is a list of the best ACP providers that avail free/discounted tablets.
i) Q Link Wireless
Q Link Wireless is another nationwide wireless provider that offers Lifeline and ACP benefits to eligible households. It serves the states of Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Michigan, Idaho, Indiana, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
However, qualified households can get a free tablet with decent features for only $10.01. ACP customers can also receive free monthly phone service featuring unlimited text, talk, and data.
Enrollment Process At Qlink Wireless
- Go to Qlink Wireless Signup.
- Input your ZIP code and email address. Tap ‘Get it now.
- Complete the provider’s online application form by availing the necessary information and documentation.
- Send the application. Q Link will let you know about the application status within a few days.
ii) Easy Wireless
Easy Wireless is a leading Lifeline and ACP benefits wireless company that gives discounts to qualified households in Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Missouri. At Easy Wireless, qualified customers can get a free 8-inch tablet or a smartphone. Customers may also enjoy free monthly phone service featuring unlimited text, talk, data, and hotspot.
Enrollment Process At Easy Wireless
- Navigate to My Easy Wireless.
- Give your email address and ZIP code, and tap ‘Enroll now’ to start the process.
- You will get guided to the provider’s online application. Fill it out by giving all the required information and documentation.
- Send your online application and wait for a confirmation message from the provider.
iii) StandUp Wireless
StandUp Wireless is a well-known ACP provider that avails monthly discounts on internet service and devices. It serves the states of Arizona, Georgia, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, South Carolina, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Thus ACP-eligible households can get a one-time discount upon contributing between $10 and $50 on a connected device. Additionally, you can receive free monthly service with unlimited text, talk, and data.
Enrollment Process at StandUp Wireless
- Open Standup Wireless.
- Submit your ZIP code and email address, and select ‘Begin Application’.
- Complete the online application by availing of all the necessary information and documentation.
- Send your online application and wait for the provider to report whether or not your application went through.
Do Organizations Provide Free Tablets
If you don’t get a free government tablet, you can try the option of getting one from a charity or non-profit organization. However, you will also need to apply for the free device and receive it if the organization approves your eligibility for the program. Such non-governmental organizations include:
i) On It Foundation
The organization serves the residents of Florida only. The On It Foundation helps low-income families and people with internet access, free laptops or tablets, and other training programs.
ii) Technology Assisting People In Need
In Ohio, residents who need and require a laptop or tablet will receive it from the above organization. This organization assists people from low-income families, disabled, and students.
The Cty.Org offers free laptops and tablets to low-income families and citizens. However, this is the national organization that provides free and discounted devices to eligible people. Again, they offer free internet access packages and software and explicitly target students, teachers, and parents.
The above is a program available in almost 50 states. The organization support families who have an annual income of below $35000. However, they also provide free reconditioned tablets, computers, laptops, plus internet to the people. Interestingly, you can get a free course from this program if you are currently unemployed.
The organization offers free tablets and laptops for needy students. However, if a student wants to get a free laptop from them, you have to give your service to the community for 10 hours. Besides, not only students qualify, but senior citizens, disabled, and low-income families can benefit.
vi) Computers for Learning
Computers for Learning is an organization that provides renewed computers and tablets to colleges, schools, and universities. You can contact the company or send an email to check if you are eligible to get a free tablet offer from the organization.
The federal government and other organizations help low-income, disabled students, senior citizens, and unemployed people with free laptops or tablets. The provision of a free tablet helps the beneficiaries live a better life and search for life-changing opportunities.
In this case, low-income families and students may receive a free government tablet from the above companies by simply filling out an application form and attaining the eligibility requirements. If you get considered eligible and pass the screening process, you will receive a free tablet immediately.