Cloud Mobile is at the front line of putting affordable, quality technology to customers who need it most. The company provides Wi-Fi hotspots, cell phones, and tablets to eligible customers. However, Cloud Mobile free tablet is brought by the TruConnect affordable connectivity program (ACP). The ACP is a new federal government program that discounts monthly internet services and specific connected devices.
Generally, you can qualify for an Affordable Connectivity Program tablet through participation in similar qualifying programs as the Lifeline Program. The eligible programs include SNAP, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, and the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Fund. Perhaps, the qualified Lifeline benefit participants qualify to receive the ACP benefit.
Moreover, all participating affordable connectivity program lifeline customers need to renew their free government phone service every year to avoid disconnection. Notably, the Lifeline benefit is a nontransferable government assistance program restricted to one per household.
About Affordable Connectivity Program
The FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides free government phones and tablets to eligible households. Besides, this initiative is a new federal government program that replaced the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit and brings connectivity to low-income Americans.
To receive a free smartphone/tablet and monthly service, you must apply and submit your eligibility documents. Most importantly, anyone in your household, whether a child or dependent, must attain the income-based or program-based eligibility requirements.
Qualification For A Free Tablet Under ACP
To receive a free tablet from Cloud Mobile, you must attain the eligibility criteria listed below.
i) Based on Your Income
You qualify for the ACP if your income is at 200% or less than according to the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
ii) If You are Enrolled in Specific Government Assistance Programs as listed
You qualify for the ACP if you or a member of your household participate in one of these programs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), previously known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for WIC (Women, Infants, and Children )
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
iii) Tribal Assistance Programs
- Any of the federal assistance programs listed above
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
However, you may have to submit proof of participation, such as a benefits letter or official document, when applying for the ACP.
iv) If You Already Receive a Lifeline Benefit
If you currently obtain a Lifeline benefit, you are automatically eligible for the ACP, and you can get both benefits simultaneously. You can apply for your Cloud Mobile ACP benefit and your Lifeline benefit to one or separate services. Contact your internet company to know how to start getting ACP discounts.
v) Qualify Through Your Child or Dependent
Any household member can make your household qualify if they participate in any of the programs above. For instance, if your child or dependent is a recipient of the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or is a member of a USDA Community Eligibility Provision school, your household is eligible for the ACP benefit.
Eligibility Rules For Free Tablets
The FCC is the body that determines the program eligibility through the Universal Service Administrative Company’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database.
On the other hand, the ACP monthly service and free device discounts are non-transferrable to other individuals or households. A qualified household is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount. However, you can get your ACP benefit from the participating provider of your choice, and you can transfer your benefit to another provider at any time.
ACP Plans For Cloud Mobile Free Tablets
The ACP plans differ depending on your state of residence, and the currently available options include:
- California Lifeline Customers: TruConnect’s California FREE ACP plan features 14 GB of 4G/LTE data (ACP plan gives an additional 8 GB to your Lifeline plan) with Wi-Fi hotspot capability.
- Lifeline Customers Non-California Residents: TruConnect’s FREE ACP plan features 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data (ACP plan gives an additional 8 GB of data to your Lifeline plan) with Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Stand-Alone Service: TruConnect’s FREE ACP plan features Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, 8 GB of 4G/LTE data, and an LTE-enabled hotspot device of your choice or Google Play Enabled LTE Android smartphone.
About Cloud Mobile Lifeline Program
The Lifeline Program is a government initiative focused on connecting eligible low-income customers by subsidizing phone service. Cloud Mobile through TruConnect provides Lifeline in 36 states, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Additionally, it would be best if you attained the income-based or program-based eligibility criterion to get a free smartphone and monthly service. According to FCC poverty standards, the income level must be within the 135% threshold. However, the qualifying programs include:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Multiple Tribal Assistance Programs and more
Benefits Of Cloud Mobile ACP
The FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new federal government program that gives a free government tablet and plans to eligible low-income Americans. If your household is eligible for ACP, you can get:
- Up to a $30 per month discount on your broadband internet service.
- Up to a $75 per month discount if your household resides on qualifying Tribal lands.
- A one-time maximum discount of $100 towards buying a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. In this case, you have to give a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50 towards the device purchase price.
Furthermore, to receive the connected device discount, customers need to enroll in the ACP through a participating provider like Cloud Mobile that avails the connected devices. It’s worth noting that not all internet companies provide device discounts.
Ways To Submit Your Documents For Free Tablet Through Cloud Mobile
You can apply for Cloud Mobile free tablet through a participating provider like TruConnect. When submitting your proof of eligibility, make copies or take pictures of your documents with the help of a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone. Don’t send any dark or blurry copies or pictures. Plus, remember not to submit original copies of your documents.
You can submit your proof documentation by any of the options below:
Sign in or create a new account and upload copies of your proof documentation.
ii) Through Mail
You can submit applications and proof documents through mail to the address below. Besides, forward copies of your proof documents with your initial application to avoid delays. Besides, always print and attach a cover sheet if you send documents using mail to match your documents to your application.
- ACP Support Center
- PO Box 70810
- London, KY 40742
iii) Contact your internet company
You can call your participating provider and ask for assistance submitting your proof documentation. You may also submit documentation via the company’s website if that option is available.
Need To Do To Proof You Qualify For Cloud Mobile Free Tablet
When applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you may have to provide additional details or documentation similar to when applying for a free tablet with food stamps. If the verifier cannot confirm your identity, eligibility, or address. You will get contacted to inform if there is a need for any additional information to confirm your eligibility.
Process To Submit Additional Information or Documents
If you participate in qualifying government-aided programs, give a letter or official certification as proof.
Documentation must include:
- Your (or your dependent’s) full names
- The name of the eligible program, such as Headstart.
- The name of the government, program administrator, Tribal entity, university, college school, or school district that gave the document.
- A provision date within for previous 12 months or a future expiration date.
- For the School Breakfast Program, or Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program, including US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools, documents must come from the current school year or the school year preceding the application.
- For USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools, certificates must show that the student gets enrolled in a CEP school during application for the school academic year. However, the acceptable documentation bears the student’s name, the current school year, the school’s name and address, and contact information.
- For Federal Pell Grants, certificates must be from the student’s school (college or university, community college, or career school) or the Department of Education and indicate the student is a recipient of a Pell Grant for the ongoing award year.
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
If you qualify through your income, you require a document that indicates that your annual income is within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Documentation must include:
- Your (or your dependent’s) full name
- Your annual income
- Last year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- Latest income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Child support award, divorce decree, or a relevant official document indicating your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
Documentation must include:
- Your full legal name
- Your date of birth
- A valid government, state, military, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- US Driver’s license
- Government-supported program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a federal government-supported initiative that gives free tablets to eligible low-income households. However, various internet providers participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, including those providing landline and wireless internet service. Through TruConnect, you can receive a free tablet from Cloud Mobile under the eligibility criteria discussed above.