T-Mobile is among the three renowned wireless carriers in the US. However, the company provides excellent cell phone services, affordable plans, and other services. The carrier also avails free cell phones and tablets. Allows its subscribers to access their nationwide 4G LTE and 5G network. Additionally, T-Mobile brings the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program with FREE Wireless and devices such as t-mobile free tablet through Metro by T-Mobile.
Moreover, T-Mobile provides numerous attractive deals and special offers on cell phones, tablets, and smartwatches. These deals enable customers to get a discounted or even free tablet. However, some conditions may apply for T-Mobile tablets deals. For instance, most special deals and offers require the customers to top up a new tablet line or enroll in a lengthy contract with the provider.
On the other hand, T-Mobile also participates in the expired Emergency Broadband Benefit(EBB), replaced by the new affordable connectivity program (ACP). Through these programs, eligible low-income households can enjoy free or discounted internet connectivity in addition to free smartphones and tablets. Notably, T-Mobile’s EBB program provided qualifying subscribers free data and a free tablet, but currently, it has transferred its affordable connectivity program to Metro by T-Mobile.
About T-Mobile Free Tablets
T-Mobile has provided the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) that gives free tablets, laptops, and customers to Metro by T-Mobile plans. Qualified customers can receive $30 per month off their cellular bill or ($75 for qualifying tribal lands residents) off their Metro by T-Mobile plan with data.
Most importantly, affordable connectivity program tablet qualification depends on income and existing assistance program eligibility. However, new and existing T-Mobile customers can confirm eligibility for getting the free tablet at acpbenefit.org before applying.
Plans Eligibility For The ACP at T-Mobile
All Metro by T-Mobile rate plans with smartphone data is eligible for the ACP benefit. If you have questions concerning your rate plan eligibility, please visit a store or call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997. However:
- For just $10 per month, receive unlimited talk and text with up to 10 GB of high-speed smartphone data. Or receive unlimited text, talk, and high-speed smartphone data after activating through Walmart or switch to Metro by T-Mobile.
- For just $20 per month, receive unlimited text, talk, and high-speed smartphone data, with up to 5 GB of high-speed hotspot data and 100GB of Google One cloud storage.
- For just $30 per month, receive Metro by T-Mobile’s top plan with unlimited text, talk, and high-speed smartphone data; up to 15 GB of high-speed hotspot data; plus 100GB of Google One cloud storage and an Amazon Prime subscription (with $12.99/month value).
Alternatively, the existing Metro by T-Mobile customers can apply the ACP $30 monthly discount to their current wireless plan with data.
Application For Free T-Mobile Tablet
To apply for the ACP benefit, you should:
- Proceed to ACPbenefit.org, complete the application form and obtain your approval from the National Verifier.
- Switch to Metro by T-Mobile and select from the largest selection of free 5G phones in prepaid, and evaluate the free tablet options available.
- Proceed to My Account on the Metro by T-Mobile and complete the application form for the ACP benefit or stop by your nearby Metro by T-Mobile store.
- You will see a text message informing you whether you have been successfully subscribed to the ACP with Metro by T-Mobile.
Eligibility Criteria For T-Mobile Free Tablets
The eligibility for free government phone and tablet get determined by the National verifier, and you must show your eligibility proof. A household qualifies for ACP benefits if one member of the household attains at least one of the criteria below:
- Possess an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participates in some assistance programs, such as Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or Lifeline.
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, including Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal TANF.
- A recipient of benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year.
- Recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year or
- Attains the eligibility requirements for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
Procedure To Provide Proof of Eligibility, Identity, or Address
If USAC cannot get a consumer’s ACP eligibility, identity, or address in a database, they will require you to show proof. USAC will contact you concerning the type of additional information they will require you to submit. However, the information requested is about the consumer’s eligibility, identity, or address.
On the other hand, applicants attempting to correct an error should proceed to the ACP consumer website. Applicants can produce copies or take pictures of the documents through a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone. And, copies or pictures should be clear and easy to read, but not dark or blurry.
Notably, applicants should never submit original copies of their documents. To submit copies, you can:
- Sign in to the National Verifier online portal and upload your copies
- Walk into your participating broadband provider’s store location and offer them copies
- You can also mail your copies to this address:
- ACP Support Center
- PO Box 7081
- London, KY 40742
Furthermore, if applicants are mailing in documents, they should always give a cover letter with their application ID and name so that USAC can rhyme their documents to their application.
To confirm gross annual income on a free tablet with food stamps, and when applying for ACP, you must submit a document that indicates your income information, such as:
- The previous year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Recent paycheck stub or income statement from an employer
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Child support award, divorce decree, or other official document bearing income information
Program Participation Documentation
- To confirm participation in one of the listed programs, applicants must submit at least a document that includes:
- Full legal names, or the name of your benefit qualifying person (BQP);
- The name of the qualifying program, such as TANF;
- The government, program administrator, Tribal entity, school district, school, university, or college that gave the document; and
- An issuance date within the last 12 months or a future expiry date that matches the benefit period, bearing the following exceptions:
- For the Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools, certification must come from the recent school year or the school year following the application.
- For USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools, documents must indicate student enrollment in a CEP School. The acceptable documentation must bear the enrolled student’s name, the relevant school year, the school’s name, address, and contact information.
- For Federal Pell Grants, documentation must come from the recent award year.
T-Mobile participates in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program through its prepaid carrier Metro by T-Mobile. However, the program brings discounted service and free devices such as laptops, tablets, and computers to qualifying customers. After applying for a free T-Mobile tablet, you will receive a text from Metro by T-Mobile stating that your enrollment got approved. And how to receive your ACP discount package with the free tablet.