In recent years, tablets released in the market have been on the rise, and you can agree that it’s not a device that is affordable for everyone. For this reason, the United States Federal Government saw the need to avail a free tablet with Medicaid to deserving low-income households. Notably, the tablet is an essential digital tool compared to smartphone functionality.
Medicaid represents a federal and state program that provides low-cost or free health to millions of US citizens who can’t afford health coverage. However, Medicaid offers assistance to select low-income individuals and households, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities. Additionally, you can get a free government phone and tablet from the Federal Government if you qualify for the set guidelines about the program.
However, Medicaid programs and the list of benefits provided vary between states. Medicaid programs even bear different names, like ‘Medi-Cal’ and ‘Medical Assistance’. Notably, if you are applying for a free tablet-based on your participation in Medicaid, you must submit an official document showing your participation in the program. You can use your free tablet in different ways as a research and educational tool for communication and many other purposes.
About Medicaid Services
Medicaid is an assistance service provided by the Government that aims to provide health coverage to Americans. As of 2021, the program has helped 74.9 million Americans access quality health benefits.
- If you are applying through a low-income status, you will need to prove using an official document such as your tax documents and income payslips. However, your income level must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines to be Medicaid-eligible.
- If you are disabled, you can go to a Medicaid office near you or apply using a simple online application form. You will need to offer documents confirming your disability.
- Children can either receive Medicaid on their own or through their parents. Besides, they can apply in the office or online (parents should assist with the application). And, they must avail age proof and documents showing eligibility.
- Seniors above 55 also are eligible for Medicaid services. You must prove your age online or by going to the Medicaid office.
Qualification For A Free Tablet Through Medicaid
You may qualify for a free government tablet based on other eligibility terms. The eligibility requirements majorly depend on two factors.
You may qualify for a free tablet from the Government if your income should match the 135% threshold of the federal poverty level. You must submit tax documents to prove that your income is at or below the level.
ii) Participation In Other Federal Assistant Programs
There are numerous Federal assistance programs that, if you participate, guarantee you a chance to receive the Free Tablet. The programs include:
- Supplemental Social Security
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Food Distribution Program on an Indian reservation
- Veterans Pension Housing Assistance, and much more.
Application Process For Free Tablet With Medicaid
Step 1: Check Eligibility
Household eligibility depends on the number of people in your household, income, age, disability, or pregnancy. You can confirm your eligibility by calling the nearest Medicaid office or email and social media channels.
Step 2: Reach Out To A Medicaid Office to Ensure You Are Eligible
You can call Medicaid by phone at (800) 362-1504 or the nearest office.
Step 3: Complete The Application Form
- First, you must create a health care account online. Proceed to the Medicaid website and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Immediately you sign up, you will get redirected to a page that will ask you to submit additional information and perhaps documentation regarding your eligibility criteria.
- However, finishing up the entire application process may take around 30 minutes.
Step 4: Wait For Approval
After sending the application, it may take two business days to get any feedback. You will get a confirmation email, and if you get approved, you can collect your Medicaid card at the nearest office or get it by mail to your address.
Best Providers Of Free Tablet With Medicaid
1) StandUp Wireless
StandUp Wireless is a proud Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider. Through its ACP program, eligible participants can claim a one-time discount of up to $100 on a tablet, computer, or laptop device. According to FCC’s regulations, the beneficiary has to cost-share at least $10.01 and not more than $50 for the device.
However, StandUp Wireless provides eligible participants with 8-inch tablets that function on Wi-Fi and StandUp’s mobile network. Besides, StandUp Wireless also provides eligible customers a free monthly service that features unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data.
To qualify for StandUp’s free tablet with Medicaid, you must be ACP-eligible. However, you are Affordable Connectivity Program tablet eligible if you participate in the Medicaid program and through other ways listed below:
- You possess an annual household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You or any household member participate in government assistance programs, like SNAP, Medicaid, Lifeline, etc.
- And you or any household member is a recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- You or any household member is an approved recipient of benefits through the school breakfast program or the free/ reduced-price school lunch program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 academic calendar.
Apply For StandUp Wireless Free Tablet
To apply for StandUp free tablet, proceed to standupwireless.com/apply-now. Input your ZIP code, submit your email address, and tap ‘Begin application’. Then, follow the on-screen guidelines to submit the necessary information and the documentation that shows you are ACP-eligible.
After forwarding your application, you will also have to choose an eligible plan. Immediately your application gets approved, StandUp Wireless will add your monthly discount to your bill and send you a different email to order your free tablet.
Documentation For Free Tablet Application with Medicaid
If you are applying for a free tablet with food stamps through your participation in Medicaid, availing an official document showing your participation in the program is necessary. However, if you qualify following another eligibility criteria, you may have to provide any of the following documents that prove your eligibility.
- Submit an official document confirming your identity, including a passport, state ID, other government-issued ID, US Military ID, US Driver’s License, etc.
- Submit an official document confirming your address, including a Driver’s license, Tribal ID, state ID, another government-issued ID, utility bill, etc.
- To submit an official document confirming your household income, including the prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, a Social Security statement of benefits, current income statement from your employer, a paycheck stub, etc.
- Submit an official document confirming your qualifying assistance program participation, including a benefit award letter, an approval letter, statement of benefits, or benefit verification letter.
2) Assurance Wireless
You can apply for a free tablet with Medicaid from Assurance Wireless. Follow the below steps to get started on applying for a free Tablet.
Step 1: Check If You Are Eligible
Check to ensure that Assurance wireless supports Medicaid as a qualification requirement for the Assurance Wireless free tablet during the application process. However, you will also need to have certification to prove that you receive benefits from Medicaid.
Step 2: Apply Online
- The next step requires filling out the application form. You can do it online at Assurance Wireless ACP. You will have to create an account with Assurance wireless.
- Then, fill out the application form. The form may require details such as name, date of birth, address, occupation/education, and other related information to validate the process. Immediately you are done, you will have to attach a scanned copy of the Medicaid and tap ‘submit.’
- However, if you experience difficulties applying online, you may download the application form ACP benefits, complete it and send it through mail to Assurance wireless or the ACP offices.
Step 3: Collecting Voucher
If your application succeeds, you will get a voucher which you can utilize to redeem for a free Tablet. The voucher is redeemable at various marketplaces, or you will have to go to a specific place to redeem it. You may obtain the voucher from Assurance wireless, or it can get mailed to your address.
Step 4: Select A Plan
Immediately you get the free tablet, activate it with Assurance Wireless, and choose Assurance Wireless free phone plans. After you are done and approved, register your device with the network and enjoy free Tablet plans for up to 12 months, after which you will have to recertify again.
Tablets have become costlier than cellular devices such as mobile phones. Therefore, most people can’t afford to use it. Fortunately, the Federal Government, some wireless providers, and free service organizations avail free tablets to low-income families. To receive a free tablet with Medicaid, you must qualify for the program and submit the required documentation to get approval.