Excess Telcom is an American telecommunication company that provides wireless services to its subscribers. The company started its operations in 2016 in Hollywood, California. It has an apparent mission to change wireless connections forever and connect its customers with the world. It gives cost-effective wireless services without hassles. We shall look at how you can get Excess Telecom free tablets to better your online activities.
It is essential to understand that Excess Telecom is currently one of America’s fastest-growing wireless companies. It has a license to operate in 47 states and has over 100,000 satisfied customers in 21 states. Being among the best communication companies in the country, you can get quick responses in time of need (usually under 2-3 minutes). They give you an easy platform for their support specialists. You can always opt for self-service through videos, FAQs, and chat features.
Due to its reputation, the company is one of the various communication firms working with the government to offer consumer support programs. That is why it gives free tablets to eligible applicants. You will learn how to make your application to get a lifeline free phone and tablet shortly. You also find that the government also supports the needy to purchase laptops and desktops. The Lifeline program gives free phones to eligible households.
How to join Excess Telecom?
The first step to using the company’s services is joining them by creating an account. Maybe you need the free government tablet or want discounted connections. You can get started by visiting their contact page and entering your first and last names your email address, then writing them a message on the space asking you, “How can we help you” and clicking send. They will then communicate with you. You can also click the Mascot to start a chat.
Alternatively, you can call them at +800-615-0898 and inquire how to get started with the company’s services. You can also get them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Since Excess Telcom is a wireless and approved Emergency Broadband Benefit provider that has changed to the Affordable Connectivity Program, you will be explicitly joining to get services offered by the company.
You need to know that the company is offering nationwide coverage for $0 for a limited time only to those who qualify. You can see if you qualify by entering your zip code to learn more. Generally, you need to follow the steps below to get started with the company’s services.
- Check coverage in location
- Get in touch with the company
- Pick Your Plan
- Place Order
- Activate your plan, & enjoy the connectivity services
How can I get a free tablet from Excess Telecom?
Excess Telecom has been one of the Emergency Broadband Benefits (EBB) providers focused on providing discounted internet service to needy households. The Excess telecom EBB program allowed eligible people to get free tablets for various communication needs. The primary purpose of the EBB program was to connect people in need to virtual classrooms, jobs, critical health services, emergency services, and much more.
While offering discounts on monthly broadband services, it is among those companies that offered a one-time discount of up to $100 to the eligible people to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or a tablet if they contributed more than $10 and at most $50 toward the purchase price. Since the EBB is over, the same is happening with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Since the EBB was mainly to help the people seriously afflicted by the Covid’19 pandemic, it came to an end when things cooled down. Many people have been vaccinated, and the disease is no longer as lethal as before. Therefore most people are now back to work. Congress saw it was crucial to bring about ACP so that the needy could continue enjoying the discounts whereby you can get an Affordable Connectivity Program tablet to better your life.
The ACP benefit gives the eligible households a discount of $30 per month for the internet service and around $75 per month for families on qualifying Tribal lands. The eligible households can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they can contribute at least $10 and at most $50 toward the purchase price.
How to qualify for a free Excess Telecom tablet
If you want to receive a free tablet from Excess Telecom, you must be ACP-eligible. That means you have to know whether you are eligible or not. You can qualify for the program in various ways, which are as follows.
i) Program-based eligibility. You can easily get a free tablet with food stamps or any other applicable program. Various programs allow you to qualify for Excess Telecom’s free wireless service. They include:
- Food Stamps
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Healthy Families Category A
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
ii) Income-based eligibility.
You can also qualify for Excess Telecom’s ACP program if your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. The EBB required 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. Therefore, more people can now qualify for the ACP.
iii) You can also qualify if you or any member in your household has received a Federal Pell Grant within the current award year or have experienced a substantial loss of income due to loss of your job or furlough since February 29, 2020. Also, if your household had a total income in 2020 at most $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers, you qualify.
What documents are required to get a free tablet?
To prove that you are eligible, you must provide various documents to ascertain your claims. They include the following.
- An official document to verify your identities such as your U.S. Military ID, state ID, passport, Driver’s License, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, Social Security Number, or Tribal Identification Number
- An official document to show your address such as your Tribal ID, Driver’s license, state ID, mortgage or lease statement, utility bill, most recent W-2, or tax return. An official document to prove that you qualify for assistance program participation. They include an approval letter, statement of benefits, benefit award letter, or benefits verification letter.
- An official document to prove your total household income that can be your prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, paycheck stub, recent income statement from your employer, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, a Social Security statement of benefits, Unemployment, or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, child support award, divorce decree, or any other relevant document.
- An official document to prove your substantial loss of income that can be a Veterans Administration statement of benefits, and unemployment application, a layoff/furlough notice, approval letter, or benefit statement, 2020 state, federal, or Tribal tax return, evidence of bankruptcy or business closure, Social Security statement of benefits, retirement or pension statement of benefits, among others.
How do you apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet?
When applying for your free tablet from the company, you can follow the steps below.
- Check Excess Telecom’s coverage in your area.
- Check your ACP eligibility. You can start by checking whether you qualify for the services at the National Verifier website.
- Once you find out that you are eligible, you should contact Excess Telecom to tell them you wish to benefit from the free tablet service and probably the discounted internet. As I mentioned earlier, you can reach them via phone at +800-615-0898, online chat on their website, or social media.
- Next, apply for Excess Telecom’s free internet plan and tablet by visiting Excess Telecom and following the guidelines.
Is Excess Telecom offering Lifeline?
Lifeline is another government aid program that allows you to benefit from discounted plans and a free phone. Some qualification criteria are similar to the ACP, whereby you can qualify via income or aid programs.
Excess Telecom offers Lifeline services whereby you can get discounted plans and a free phone. You can get a free government phone and tablet if you are lucky to qualify Excess telecom for the Affordable Connectivity Program and the Lifeline service, if you wish to check your eligibility just go their website and do excess telecom account login. That way, you will be in a position to enjoy various services. Lifeline was there before the EBB program for offering excess telecom ebb tablet and now continues with the ACP.
Excess Telcom is an American telecommunication company that provides wireless services to its subscribers. The company started its operations in 2016 in Hollywood, California. It is one of the companies participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program, whereby eligible participants can get free tablets and discounted internet plans. You can apply online to receive the benefits, but first, you need to confirm eligibility with the National Verifier before applying online.