SafeLink Wireless is a telecommunication brand provided by TracFone Wireless. This company offers Lifeline services to eligible customers and households alongside SafeLink free tablet as well. However, SafeLink offers Lifeline benefits that feature free text messages, voice call minutes, and data. According to federal poverty guidelines, you can get such a free device based on program participation or income level.
Additionally, SafeLink Wireless offers a Lifeline and affordable connectivity program (ACP). Lifeline is a program by the federal government that provides free or discounted wireless services to qualified households. On the other hand, ACP is also a federal project offering affordable connectivity program tablets. These programs are permanent; hence no significant changes will occur in the upcoming years.
Moreover, Lifeline is a program that gives affordable plans and devices such as free tablets to eligible households. Collaborating with participating providers like SafeLink, the program provides low-income households with free phone and voice call minutes, data, text messages, and other wireless services every month. Some Lifeline providers such as SafeLink also provide discounts on telecommunication devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Qualification For SafeLink Free Tablets
The free tablet offers come from the government through a participating wireless provider. Therefore, to get this free device through SafeLink, you must meet the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) eligibility criteria. First, you are eligible if your household has a gross income level that is income is at 135% or less the federal poverty guidelines.
In this case, you need to complete your application and submit a copy of a document that confirms your total household income. However, the proof of income can be:
- Social Security Statement of benefit
- A letter from your employer
- An unemployment or Workmen’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Three months of consecutive pay stubs
- Previous year’s Federal or State Income Tax return
- A child support award, divorce decree, or other official document containing income information
- A Retirement/Pension statement of benefits
Secondly, you are eligible for a free government tablet, based on household member participation in any of the below-mentioned government programs, including:
General Eligibility Programs
You qualify for a free tablet if you receive benefits from any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) initially Food Stamps
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
However, some states feature additional eligibility through the following Tribal programs:
- Tribal Head Start (for households with its income qualifying standard)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Additionally, you can fill out your application on the SafeLink website and submit a copy of a document that shows your participation in one of the programs mentioned above. The proof of eligibility can be a copy of a letter from SSA or state agency indicating that you get the benefit, your Medicaid or Food Stamp Card, or a similar document. Remember to provide copies of the original documents only.
SafeLink Free Tablet Application Process
Generally, you can apply for the Safelink free phone and tablet offering in two ways. First, you can do it online, on SafeLink’s official Lifeline enrollment website. Or you can apply through the Lifeline National Verifier website. In this case, you will be able to select your preferred service provider, but in both cases, you must be Lifeline certified.
To apply, follow the steps listed below.
- Select your state or input your ZIP code.
- Submit your full name.
- Submit your date of birth.
- Confirm your identity using a government ID, like a Social Security Number, Driver’s License, Military ID, Tribal identification number, Taxpayer Identification Number ITIN.
- Input your home address. Feature the city, state, street name, number, apartment, and ZIP code.
- Choose if you qualify yourself or through a dependent or a child. Then click ‘Proceed.’
Notably, each participant must re-certify their eligibility every year. Otherwise, you will lose the benefit.
Does SafeLink Allow You To Apply For Free Tablet If Enrolled In A Lifeline Program
According to FCC rules, you may only participate in a single LifeLine program per household. However, if you are getting service from another provider and wish to change your LifeLine benefit to SafeLink Wireless, it is possible to switch. Immediately you get approved, you can even keep your phone number.
After applying with SafeLink, this carrier can transfer your Lifeline service from your current provider and start enjoying the benefits of SafeLink Wireless, one of the providers of a free government phone and tablet.
Ways To submit The Documents On Program or Income Eligibility
You may submit copies of the documents showing your eligibility for the Lifeline Service in any of the following ways:
- Upload your proof online and login into your account. Uploading is the fastest way to have your application processed.
- Fax it to 1-866-902-5756. Remember to include your enrollment id on your proof document (if available).
- Mail it through PO Box 220009, Milwaukie, OR 97269-0009. Remember to include your enrollment id on your proof (if available).
SafeLink Wireless Free Service Application
The easiest method to apply for SafeLink services is by completing the application online and using your e-signature. However, you will also have to submit a copy of a document that shows your program or income eligibility, as explained earlier in this guideline.
Alternatively, you can contact SafeLink customer support at 1-800-723-3546 to have your application sent to you through fax or mail. After you have received and filled out your application, sign it and return it with copies of documents that show you qualify for SafeLink Wireless Service.
SafeLink Wireless is a government-supported company that offers free tablets and phones for low-income individuals. However, it is a subsidiary of Tracfone and uses the Verizon Wireless network. SafeLink offers free cell phones and monthly credits for up to 250 talk minutes or text messages free to eligible subscribers. You can qualify for SafeLink if you meet the eligibility criteria and submit the required documentation.