The total wireless network provider is a US mobile virtual network operator that offers mobile phone plans and deals and home internet services. The company produces different brands of cell phones, from iOS to android operated devices. Some total wireless customers may wish to switch to other carrier providers. Hence, they may wish to unlock total wireless phone mobile phones to be compatible with other network providers.
Unlocking a mobile phone is a straightforward process, such that the only thing you require is ‘the help of the customer care service provider of the previous carrier service. Most mobile phone network providers allow their customers to unlock their mobile phones using online procedures. The process will be discussed later.
Before discussing how to unlock total wireless phones, it is essential to note the company’s services, such as cell phone hotspots, text, data, and talk plans, mobile phone deals available in the market, and many more. The article also discusses some programs that help low-income individuals access affordable mobile phone services.
What Network Do Total Wireless Phone Use
Since total wireless is a mobile virtual network operator, it depends on other large network providers to offer its services. The company uses the Verizon towers to satisfy the need of its customers. Mobile network technology is developing each day. Most network providers used the CDMA network to offer their services, but there was a rise in the GSM network technology with time. So, what do these two network technologies entail?
The Code-division multiple access (CDMA) is a telecommunication technology with a second and third generation of a network that allows numerous signals to occupy a single transmission channel, thus optimizing the available network bandwidth. On the other hand, Global System for Mobile (GSM) is a standard network technology that provides the protocols used by second-generation mobile phones. This network technology is robust, therefore providing comprehensive network coverage.
Verizon is one of the companies that provide mobile phones that use both network technology. Therefore, since total wireless operates under the Verizon wireless company, we have Total Wireless GSM or CDMA network technology. This means that many phones in the market today are compatible with the total wireless network provider.
Which Mobile Hotspot Plans Are Offered with Different Network Providers
Since total wireless is an MVNO, it offers cheap services since it does not have physical branches, hence does not incur any other costs like paying the rent. Some of these mobile phone deals include mobile hotspot plans, talk, and text plans, wifi calling, international calling, and many more. Most of the companies are offering these plans at their best affordable price to be able to make more profit in the competitive market.
The best hotspot plan is the T-Mobile Magenta Max mobile phone plan that offers unlimited mobile hotspot plans for $85 per month. It also comes with 40GB of highspeed data of about 30 to 50Mbps and unlimited 3G data at a sp5eed of 0.5 to 3 Mbps. Apart from T-Mobile, the unlimited cell phone hotspot plan offers are unique for different companies, and they include
i) Verizon wireless network provider
- The offer is $80 per month for only one line
- High speed 5G network speed
- Nationwide network coverage
- Some percentage of discounts on additional hotspot plans
ii) AT&T network provider
- The deal is offered at 55$ per month
- Has low prices for many data deals
- Excellent 5G mobile network plans
- Nationwide network coverage.
iii) Visible mobile phone plan
- This deal is offered at $40
- Comes with an unlimited mobile phone hotspot.
- Unlimited talk and test
- The pricing of the visible Plan is straightforward.
iv) Skyroam mobile plan
- This is the best Plan for international travel
- It has a data cap of 1 GB
- Compatible mobile hotspot
- At only $9 per GB
How Do I Unlock My Total Wireless Phone
The company has many Total Wireless phone deals and plans that it offers. Total Wireless offers unlimited text, talk, and data, mobile hotspots, no contract deals, and emergency benefit programs. The company provides a wide selection of locked mobile phones; therefore, it will be required to unlock the phone before switching to other carriers. So, what is a locked phone? It is the phone that is tied to operating using a specific provider.
This illustrates that total wireless locked phones are restricted to use total wireless network providers only. If the phone is unlocked, it can accept any other SIM Card on other carriers. Generally, some unlock policies and protocols must be observed when it comes to unlocking total wireless phones. These policies include;
- The customer must have been active for not less than 12 months using the total wireless cell phone, have recycled their telephone number or ported, and also have redeemed airtime cards in not less than 12 months.
- The customers must request their interim unlocking solution while their service is active or the first 60 days of the expiry of the active service.
- The customers must have a total wireless network.
- Customers must have handsets that are in good working condition.
- They should have phones that are not suspected of fraud.
- Customers can unlock their phones every 12 months.
- The customers must request cell phone unlocking.
If the customer satisfies the condition above, they can now unlock the total wireless phone. This straightforward process is as follows;
- Make sure that you qualify for the conditions. This can be done online by visiting www. tfwulock.com, inserting your serial number, and then clicking “Eligibility.”
- If eligible, request for mobile phone unlock at total wireless support at 1-866-663-3633at any time between 8 AM to 11:45
- You will be provided with an unlocking code. The code is put to the phone, and instructions are followed.
Which Hotspot Plans Make Total Wireless
Total mobile, a network provider, also has cell phone deals and plans. These plans are suitable for local and international use. The prices of the entire wireless network provider plan mainly depend on the number of lines the customer is using. Many lines mean that you will have to pay for more, but the services become even better
Apart from the plans named above, total wireless mobile has one of the best mobile hotspot plans for the customers. The company offers its Total wireless hotspots prepaid plans. These plans are offered by a prepaid Moxee mobile hotspot digital device. The device can provide a cell phone hotspot of up to 256GB. The customer will get a wide selection of mobile hotspots such as;
1) $33.20/mo Plan
- This is a single line plan
- It comes with 5GB of mobile hotspot
2) $47.50/mo Plan
- It is also a single line plan
- Provides 25GB of the total mobile hotspot and up to 10GB per line
3) $57.0/mo Plan
- This is a family plan
- Offers 30GB of mobile hotspot
- Allows up to 10GB per line
4) 80/mo Plan
- This is also a good family plan
- It comes with 60GB of mobile data
- Allows up to 10GB per line
5) $95/mo Plan
- It is the best family plan
- It comes with 100GB of cell phone hotspot
- Allows up to 10GB per line
Do Total Wireless Provide the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program is a federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communication Commission to help the households and families struggling to access good cell phone internet services, mainly during this covid 19 pandemic. Qualified customers enjoy free monthly benefits through the comprehensive total wireless ebb program.
The application for this program through total wireless was made online. The online application procedure is as follows;
- Visit the total wireless website
- Enter your details, that is, your full names, ZIP code, and official email address
- Select the option” I have a phone number that I want to use with EBB.”
- If you do not have the number, select the option “I need a new number for EBB.”
It is important to note that a customer will not get any EBB program services before verifying eligibility. Therefore, before the application process, one should ensure that one is eligible for the program. A household or family to qualify for this program must satisfy the following conditions.
- The household is qualified to participate in the Lifeline program.
- Is eligible to take part in the accessible and standardized- price of the lunch program
- The household income has reduced since 29 February 2020, during covid 19. However, this loss should be put down on paper by furlough or layout notice, applications for unemployment insurance benefits, and many other similar documents.
- The household has received a federal Pell grant in the current award year.
- Is eligible for all criteria provided by total wireless or any other service provider that offers the EBB program.
However, the EBB program was replaced by the Affordable Connectivity Program on 1 March 2022 since it was as created as a quick response to the outbreak of the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. The EBB program will only end if only the program funds are exhausted or six months after the end of the pandemic.
How to Unlock a Total Wireless Phone Without a Key – Complete Guide
If you are like most people and prefer to do things manually, then the first thing you need to do is to reset your device. This can be a time-consuming and confusing process, and even if you manage it perfectly, it is likely that you will make a mistake or two.
This could result in not being able to use some of the great features that come with your phone. To speed up this process, it is best to have a printed list of all the necessary credentials and codes needed to access each feature. This can be printed out and kept in a safe place so that you will have a quick reference when trying to use a feature that is unfamiliar to you.
Can I unlock my phone myself for free
This is a difficult question to answer, as it depends on your phone model and how the device was manufactured. Fortunately, there are a few ways to go about this. One way is to perform a factory reset on all your devices. This will delete all your personal data, including your phone number, photos, videos, music, and app data.
This will also likely delete any codes or credentials that you have access to. However, this will delete all your phone’s hedgehog heritage, so be careful if you value this. Furthermore, some phones have an unlockable memory card, which could be used to unlock the device. However, these cards are often sold as parts, so it is not clear if they are actually repairable or not.
Total wireless is a virtual network provider that offers its customers the best mobile phone services. The company offers services from unlimited text, talk, and data to mobile hotspots. It operates under Verizon wireless, therefore working using the GSM and CDMA network technology. Therefore, the company has many compatible mobile phones in the market today.