Frontier is a wireless provider that offers fiber-optic internet, DSL, phone, and TV services to residential and business customers in 25 states. However, Frontier focuses on helping qualified individuals pay for internet services through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program is a non-transferable government-sponsored program that discounts the cost of broadband internet access service.
Moreover, the monthly benefit for Frontier ACP customers changed from a maximum of $50 per month to $30 per month for non-Tribal customers. The customers residing on Tribal Lands will get up to $75 benefits as EBB. On the other hand, you must re-qualify if you originally qualified for EBB through the substantial loss of income qualification because of COVID.
Perhaps, you may receive ACP-supported broadband services from any qualified provider, including Frontier. You may enroll for Frontier benefits in the ACP and Lifeline programs that offer frontier low-income internet. Besides, you may transfer your ACP benefit to another provider at any time. ACP discount applies to one discount per household, and only eligible households may enroll.
About Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides broadband discounts to eligible households. This program replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB Program) and assisted low-income individuals in paying for internet service and connected devices.
However, if your household qualifies, you can receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on eligible Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of about $100 for a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer: qualified individuals must give a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50 towards purchasing.
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount apply per household. To get the connected device discount, you need to enroll in the ACP with a participating provider that offers connected devices (Notably, not all internet providers offer device discounts.) The internet company will offer a discount to the consumer.
What Do I Need to Enroll for Frontier ACP?
First, to acquire the ACP discount each month, you must prove that you or a member in your household currently gets benefits from one of the below programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Food Stamps, currently Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Head Start (Income-Based)
- VA Veterans Pension (Supplemental Income for Wartime Veterans)
- VA Survivors Pension
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Women, Infants and Children Program
What Is the Process for Frontier affordable connectivity program Application?
1) Apply Online
First, fill out the Federal Application to check if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Ensure to save your Application ID for referring back in the process, and go back to this page after applying. In detail, you must qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to participate in the Frontier Affordable Connectivity Program.
Next, you must get certified by the FCC National Verifier before eligibility for the Frontier Essentials Internet offer on ACP. After this ACP program ends, the Frontier Essentials Internet offer will get billed at the regular price. To remain connected with the Frontier Essentials Internet ACP benefit, you may behave to re-certify with Frontier.
2) Show You Qualify
When applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit, you may have to submit additional information or documentation if the verifier cannot confirm your identity, eligibility, or address. However, you will get contacted if there is a need for extra information to confirm your eligibility.
i) Qualifying Program Participation Documentation
If you are a qualifying program member, submit a letter or official document as proof. The documentation must have:
- Your (or dependent’s) first and last name
- The name of the eligible program, like SNAP
- The name of the Tribal entity, government, program administrator, school district, school, university, or college that gave the document
- Issue date in between the last 12 months or a future expiration date
- For the School Breakfast Program or Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program through the (USDA) US Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Provision schools, documents featuring the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year awards.
- For USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools, documents must indicate the student enrollment in a CEP School for the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 academic years. The authorized documentation includes a report card with the student’s name and the school’s name or a letter confirming that the student is in the CEP school.
- For Federal Pell Grants, documents must feature the current academic year and comprise screenshots of a StudentAid dashboard.
ii) Household Income Documentation
Suppose you qualify for Frontier ACP through your income. In that case, you will have to provide a document indicating that your annual income equals or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Documentation includes your (or your dependent’s) first, last name, and your annual income.
- Prior year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Paycheck stub or current income statement from your employer
- Child support award, divorce decree, or a similar official document indicating your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
iii) Identity Verification Documentation
Documentation must feature your first and last name and date of birth.
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- US Driver’s license
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document (doesn’t have to include the date of birth)
However, you can submit your proof documentation through any of the options below:
Log in or subscribe for a new account and upload copies of your proof documentation.
b) Through Mail
You can send applications and proof documents through mail to the address below.
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081
London, KY 40742
You may send proof documents attached with your initial application to make the process faster. Notably, always print and attach a cover sheet if you submit documents by mail to match your documents to your application.
c) Contact your Internet Provider
You may contact your company for help with submitting your proof documentation. You can submit documentation using Frontier’s website if they make that option available. Learn more on frontier tv and internet packages for anyone looking for a cheaper bundling option.
How Do I Apply for Frontier affordable connectivity program Benefits?
i) Already a Lifeline Member?
Currently, if you are enrolled in the Lifeline program, you do not need to apply again for the ACP. You can apply for Lifeline and ACP benefits to the same or separate services. Also, you can talk to your Lifeline provider concerning the services available as part of the ACP.
You can enquire about the options to apply the discounts to your existing Lifeline service or check another internet company qualifying in the ACP to apply the benefit to a separate internet service.
ii) Are You Already Participating in a Low-Income Program with a Non-Lifeline Provider?
You can directly reach out to your internet company to enroll in the program. If you don’t participate in Lifeline but get service from a participating company with its own low-income program, you may not have to apply for the ACP benefit again.
However, this option only applies if the company received approval for its application process from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). You can talk to your provider for more information.
iii) After You Apply
After you apply, the national verifier will share the results with you. If you apply online, you may get immediate approval. If the verifier doesn’t confirm your eligibility automatically, you will have to submit additional documentation and get information on how you can send those documents for review.
How Is Frontier Internet?
Frontier provides high-speed internet and TV and phone bundles for customers in rural and suburban areas. However, frontier internet deals offer the best deals on various DSL internet plans and fiber internet. Frontier may deliver internet plans with maximum speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps download and upload based on where you live. Additionally, Frontier doesn’t impose data caps, so there are no overage charges, and your internet access won’t get interfered with if you consume a lot of data.
Moreover, Frontier partnered with the satellite TV provider DISH, providing all customers with an option to combine Frontier’s internet service with TV. Besides, DISH provides four different TV packages featuring channel counts that range from 190 and 290+ channels. The pricing for DISH TV range between $64.99 per month and $99.99/month. In other words, if you combine Frontier Internet and DISH TV, you can pay at least $115/month.
Frontier Internet offers US customers internet, phone, TV, and security. However, with connectivity services available through broadband and fiber, Frontier Internet offers high-quality service at an affordable price. Additionally, this company participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program that offers monthly broadband benefits to qualified individuals.
You must meet some eligibility requirements to qualify for Frontier ACP benefits, and you must provide proof of eligibility as described in this article.